Make Stations Build Faster?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JamesJB
x4

Make Stations Build Faster?

Post by JamesJB » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 06:27

Is there a way in the save file to decrease the time Stations are built?

I ask cause waiting for a station takes for ever. Was just wondering if it was possible to decrease the time it takes to build stations once they have the resources.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 07:27

They can build pretty fast now.. all depends on the level of the Architect and other factors like number of drones working... etc etc.... I used the No Drone mod and my first building took about 30 mins.. I jumped for joy :lol:

JamesJB
x4

Post by JamesJB » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 07:56

monze wrote:They can build pretty fast now.. all depends on the level of the Architect and other factors like number of drones working... etc etc.... I used the No Drone mod and my first building took about 30 mins.. I jumped for joy :lol:
Umm not to sound dumb but Construction Ships needs Drones? I didn't know that cause in the description of the Construction Ship in the Encyclopedia its a one time use ship so I thought putting drones on it would be a waste?

Man I feel so dumb,no wonder stations in previous games took so long :(

Any way to get drones over to the ship? Its building without drones.

Architect:

Management: 5
Engineering: 5
Navigation: 4

Edit: Do I need to replace my Architect if I install the No Drone Mod?

Edit 2: I tried looking for the No Drone mod but can't seem to find it. :(

pilakin

Post by pilakin » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 11:48

He's probably talking about the "no cargo lifter URVs" mod. i doubt it affects construction URVs in any way. you can't equip drones to the construction vessel any more, simply because you'd need to be able to add it to your squad and move over to a dockyard for that. once it started building, that's not possible any any more.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 16:27

You can edit the amount of construction urvs it has. If you have 500-1000 of them it builds almost everything near instantly.

Find your ship in the save and change the drone amount to this

<item macro="units_size_xs_welder_drone_macro" amount="1000"/>

It might break your save fyi as you can get long conga lines of drones and eventually the game will CTD.

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 21:17

I'd recommend setting it to something more sensible like 30-50.

Still plenty of a build time reduction :P

JamesJB
x4

Post by JamesJB » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 03:30

Thanks for the help and tips guys :)

Bobzillah
x4

Re: Make Stations Build Faster?

Post by Bobzillah » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 10:27

if you change the save to make the construction ships be able to do more like the last post suggested can you stil use the venture module ? or wil you be locked out as in when you use mods ? am stil using the venture module cause well its free loot ;)

also that architech thingie is that the pilot of the construction ship that needs those levels ?

kind regards
Bob

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Make Stations Build Faster?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:34

First of all, this is a seven years old thread. Posting in such old threads is frowned up. Secondly, Ventures only exist in X4: Foundations, which means you're also in the wrong forum. ;) I'm going to lock this thread due its age. Please check for any relevant topics in the X4: Foundations Scripts and Modding forum, and if you don't find any, feel free to create an own one.

*Topic locked*

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”