Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Drewgamer
x4

Re: Script & Mod Requests

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 18:29

I'm looking for a mod that changes the way the boost works for the player.
I'm not a huge fan of having to use shields to boost. Ideally it would be nice to have SOME sort of resource required / limitation so as to not be too abuseable. But at this point I think I would even take unlimited boost (but only for player ship :D )
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 04:19

I have a few requests for a convienience mod.

- Make station icons targettable and scannable at the same range that they are appear (about 3k it seems to be?)
- Make getting a 'proc' scan (when you unlock more than one node if you are lucky) twice as likely to happen.
- Make all highway/superhighway traffic travel at the same speed, so collisions dont happen (or make 'problem' highways (HoL) more like Albion highways).
- Make all highways in the game the same speed.
- Remove ability to boost in highway or change speed.
- Make superhighway speed 50% slower so we can at least take in the sights.
- Remove superhighway hazards (both visually and mechanically).

Cheers. Hoping someone thinks these things are worth making.

Oh, is there a mod that allows us to move architects from CV's to the station and then remove the CV yet?
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 13. Nov 18, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 01:44

I have another couple of requests. Wouldnt it be cool if we could temporarily hack a station to allow us to dock?
Many stations have an unused (unless im mistaken) 'Bureau Security' module - would be very cool to use Trojan drone to hack that module and gain access to hostile stations for a while, and trick all onboard npcs that you are not hostile (so you can use smalltalk to improve rep too).
For other stations that dont have it, like Cartel stations, something else would need to be used (Cartel is probably one of the factions we'd get the most use of this feature with).

Also, is it possible to make the Skunks booster drain shield more slowly (increasing boost range), where higher rank shields = more efficient?
So mk1 or 2 shields will be about the same as vanilla, but mk5 will last a lot longer.
Cheers

Hero77
x4

Post by Hero77 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:12

Add a setting to the ship's transport/space crate collection laser beam to ignore/do not collect illlegal wares.

Mabe different modes:

1. Collect everything
2. Collect if legal or player owns licence for all factions
3. Collect if legal or player owns licence for faction in current system
4. Do not collect illegal wares
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

Depleted
x4

Post by Depleted » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:07

Can someone please make a mod which fixes managers?
In both 1.2 and 1.3 my station manager tries to be the manager of the dock that i've docked at, he's on the travel list as the manager in green, he's not in his office, he can't be found by running around the dock, and as a result i can't fire the manager or assign a new manager, and in each of the characters ive created it's the same issue every time.
Picture to help you understand my issue.
http://puu.sh/Cg1iO/0e13d89627.JPG

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 20:23

X4 is here

viewforum.php?f=181

And if this is a bug, then write here.

viewforum.php?f=180

if beta, here

viewforum.php?f=192

Reeves
x4

Post by Reeves » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 04:53

I have no idea how to mod or program so figured I would throw my wish in here and hope some one with skills will grant it!

would it be possible to mod in the ability to build your own highways? Would be amazing to be able to claim an empty sector build your stations then place a high around to stream line the trade and traffic!

Liamis
x4

Post by Liamis » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 15:20

I stumbled across a problem with the different storage types.

I thought I can transfer some cargo drones from my station to a newly caped ship instead of buying them. Turns out my station allows me to transfer them only as cargo and not as usable drones. And before you ask the station drones are not in the station's cargo.

I have shuffled the drones from ship to ship to see if I can turn them to equipment. Sometimes I am allowed to transfer them as cargo and sometimes I can turn them to equipment.
If a receiving ship is of the container type class and has no equipped cargo drones, one can only transfer drones to its cargo.

Can someone please make a mod to unlock all storage type transfer option. I mean they are there. The images show that. Why not let the player choose where to put wares.

Jeltz Prostetnic

Post by Jeltz Prostetnic » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 23:18

I know I'm kind of late to the party, but I am looking for a way to make X rebirth VR playable while lying in bed. I have a medical condition which makes it very hard for me to play sitting or standing.
I am a software developer though, so with some pointers to help I could maybe do it on my own. I use oculus, so basically it would do the trick if I could just somehow rotate the player controller by 90° around the left-right axis. So far my research into UI modding hasn't turned up anything to expose this kind of function...

AR_Starfighter

display trading subscriptions

Post by AR_Starfighter » Wed, 26. Jun 19, 03:05

There is no display for trade subscriptions from a station. The game needs to add an element in the menus to display if you have a trade subscription or you don't.

This is beyond my current modding skills. So, I'm not able to do this myself. This would be a very useful addition to the menus.

AR_Starfighter

Menu overhaul

Post by AR_Starfighter » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 07:29

The menu system is awkward and clunky. I had some ideas to fix the problems.

menu--> navigation
galaxy
sector
zone

Galexy

Remove buttons: zoom-in and zoom-out
Add button: plot course
(include standard jump button)

Click on area to zoom to in. Right click to zoom-out.
Scroll-wheel: back (zoom-out) and forward (zoom-in)

Click areas use public domain images. Simple and easy to use.

Even better, add nasa photos of real galaxies for the click galaxy areas, if legally possible.

Seppo
x4

A in-game notepad or to-do list

Post by Seppo » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 08:20

I would greatly appreciate if someone creates a mod that allows player to freely write down work in progress tasks and other ideas to progress. To me when i take a break from the game and return playing, it's hard to remember what i was doing, like what factories was needed to build, where to build more defences etc. all the pre tasks before conquering the galaxy.

Helian
xr

Post by Helian » Mon, 15. Feb 21, 23:52

Are there still connoisseurs of beauty left? :roll:
I really need a small (or not so) mod that would center the mouse after exiting any menu, including the main menu, side menu, map, drone quick menu, functions (by default on Y) ...

Ship turning to the side with a sidewinder engine, after, for example, pushing something on the map and closing the map, this is beyond the human psyche :D

And what is funny, on foot, at the station this is already on and the character does not twist convulsively to the side.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 13:33

Yes, yes, back to X-Rebirth... again... :D

There are three Quality Of Life mods I would like to see coded if someone is still active on the department:

1) An incoming missile warning sound that really uses the ship's interior warning system.

Simoom's Lantern uses this warning sound and in cockpit animation when ships jump into the player's vicinity just before being spawned:

Code: Select all

<actions>
            <!-- Issue proximity alert -->
            <add_effect object="player.room" effect="'cpfx_cockpit_alert_02'"/>
            <speak actor="player.computer" line="5" priority="100" comment="Proximity Alert!"/>
            <show_notification caption="{10002,5}" details="[{100005,1} + '\n', $Faction.name + ' ' + {1004,24}]" icon="achievement_jumpdrive_cooldown" comment="Incoming Vessel..."/>
            <!-- Create Capship -->
in this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r6elD3UjA8 you can see the effect in cockpit at around 0:35 sec. Two red squares pop out of top part of the cockpit and an alarm goes off.

2) A weapons safe mode

At some point during development EGO added an "empty" slot for missiles, as to not accidentally shoot them because the 'R' key which triggers missiles is very close to the 'E' key that rolls the ship to the right side.

It would be awesome to also have this for regular weapons.

3) A mod that lists the station names in green colored fonts on the 'wares bought by stations' screen that correspond with the stations in the 'active missions' list where you need to deliver a certain ware to a certain station for a credit reward.

In the 'wares bought by stations' and 'wares sold by stations' list the illegal wares you don't have a license for show up in yellow fonts. I would like see the station names I have to drop goods off as a mission (found in 'Active Missions') in a green font so they are easily seen instead of having to scroll through the complete list.

Thank you.

Dev disco

Post by Dev disco » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 15:44

Helian wrote:
Mon, 15. Feb 21, 23:52
Are there still connoisseurs of beauty left? :roll:
I really need a small (or not so) mod that would center the mouse after exiting any menu, including the main menu, side menu, map, drone quick menu, functions (by default on Y) ...

Ship turning to the side with a sidewinder engine, after, for example, pushing something on the map and closing the map, this is beyond the human psyche :D

And what is funny, on foot, at the station this is already on and the character does not twist convulsively to the side.
I think that you should try to hit the space bar before you deal with a menu. I always do that, hate the roll overs.

Dev disco

Post by Dev disco » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 16:15

dertien wrote:
Sat, 13. Mar 21, 13:33
2) A weapons safe mode

At some point during development EGO added an "empty" slot for missiles, as to not accidentally shoot them because the 'R' key which triggers missiles is very close to the 'E' key that rolls the ship to the right side.

It would be awesome to also have this for regular weapons.
I can have a look at this one. It seems you like an unwanted side-effect of me messing with the weapons. Hope I can replicate it.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:18

Dev disco wrote:
Tue, 16. Mar 21, 16:15
I can have a look at this one. It seems you like an unwanted side-effect of me messing with the weapons. Hope I can replicate it.
Cool :D - Would be awesome to have this one scratched off the list and in operation.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 14:44

Hello! Since Rebirth is still the most atmospheric X game despite all the untypicalness of the game compared to the rest of the series, I fell in love with it after giving it a chance. While we have A LOT of mods out there, they are however scattered all over the place - not only here on forums in german and english subforums, but also on NexusMods, the Steam Workshop and other tertiary sources. Since it's easy to miss some specific mods, I'm just going to ask here as using the search engine here didn't yield the results I was looking for.

I'm looking for the following things:

- a mod that either adds additional building plots to zones or allows the player more freedom in placing stations within a zone
- - - > I want to place more than two additional stations in Darned Hot Air in DeVries. Most zones have more building plots, but this specifically atmospheric zone only offers two construction sites, which is rather sad. I also prefer high station density in asteroid-rich areas as that gives the location a very populated vibe.

- any mod that adds additional capital ships, especially on Xenon/Khaak end
- - - > Our good man SirFrancisDrake (here on forum and on steam) recently published the Xenon G-class Destroyer in the Steam Workshop, which was a very cool surprise given that barely anyone plays Rebirth anymore, with X4 drawing most attention. I added all the ship mods of the workshop to my game, since vanilla just does not offer much variety at all, but given the many dead forum lists and topics, I'm sort of afraid I missed a few good ones, especially from our talented russian friends. Since the G Destroyer adds an actual threat to the game, I was hoping that someone maybe went for the effort of either importing the Khaak capital ships from X3 to Rebirth or did similar great jobs like Drake did with the G.

- a mod that changes the texture of the sun in DeVries to be slightly less aggressive to the eye
- - - > while Darned Hot Air is epic for station building, looking at the sun is not once you pay attention. There is a strong mix of red and yellow, and I myself prefered more yellow than red. It's a tiny pieve but maybe relatable? :)

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 15:29

Edna wrote:
Sat, 21. Aug 21, 14:44
- any mod that adds additional capital ships, especially on Xenon/Khaak end
Krychoke added Khaak Capital Ships with his Lost Sectors Mod to the game.
https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/526
Edna wrote:
Sat, 21. Aug 21, 14:44
- a mod that either adds additional building plots to zones or allows the player more freedom in placing stations within a zone
I dont know about mods which add more building spots or allow more freedom to build.
But i can implement more building spots with one of my mods if wanted.
https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/546

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 17:15

Wow, that's not only a fast response but also one super helpful! Thanks, good man! I didn't know Lost Sectors added Khaak Capitals. Image

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”