Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 13:13

Thank you MM.

Unfortunately, for writing scripts, I do not have extensive knowledge, like you. For me, this creaking, a great victory.

I suggested that
Marvin Martian wrote:EDIT
for example

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//connection[@ref='connection_engine01']/macro/@ref">engine_size_XL_41</replace>
the author do this two weeks ago, but the change will take a long time. If, I have free time, I will help him with this.

This is his first mod. :)
Marvin Martian wrote:best is to start a new game for this reason[/code]
As one of the options. But as you know, everyone likes to continue the game. :) :roll:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 04:08

OK. One more question.

How to remove from the ship seller's station using the script?

Big and small ships.

Thank you.

Tycho Celchu
x4

Post by Tycho Celchu » Wed, 28. Mar 18, 18:42

An option to tell your engineers, what components to repair, or give them repair priorities would be nice. The only one I found is Improved Engineer https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods ... escription
but it wasn't updated since 2013 and was reported broken by users.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sat, 19. May 18, 23:08

Is it possible to make Capital Ships shoot those moving mines? They simply devestate captals and they don't stand a chance.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 20. May 18, 09:18

Luke0086 wrote:Is it possible to make Capital Ships shoot those moving mines? They simply devestate captals and they don't stand a chance.
There is a mod that removes mines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1udxrLk ... sp=sharing

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... /374543671

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =374543671

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 14:37

The mines are cool, but there's just no defence against them.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 20. May 18, 15:40

Mod removes mines from the zones. This should remove in any game.
This is an easy way to get rid of mines.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 16:52

Yes, I understand.

The mines are cool though, and it would be more fun if the mines were NOT removed, but also if there was countermeasures to it like capital ships able to try to target them, instead of capital ships just flying through and dying without trying to defend itself.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 20. May 18, 18:21

It is possible to script an EMP that triggers automatically. There are, however, several issues:
  • 1# Should all cap ships have that or only player-owned?
    2# What should be the adequate EMP radius?
    3# Should there be a cool down or any other ...
    4# ... penalty, for example shield drain?
    5# Should the EMP only destroy mines or also missiles?
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 20:04

Does that response mean it's not possible to get Hit/MA turrents to target mines?

I think it would be awesome if mines were heading to a capship, and it was trying to defend itself from those mines with it's turrets

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 20. May 18, 20:41

î am pretty sure it is possible, the question is how effective this is (probably depends on the Ship), and if someone invests the time to make this..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 21. May 18, 19:23

So, you're looking for the weapons to fire in point defense mode.

Possibly create a turret command for "mine sweeper" mode.

or "fire on all hostile objects" (though, that could cause you trouble if left in that mode)

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 01:00

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Night91
xr

Post by Night91 » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 12:52

Hi guys,

I have noticed something really annoying : big ships won't orient themselves along the Y axis.

This is annoying because in order to have fast miners, your station must be in a zone without the aimed resources so you can attribute your station big miners that will fly in fast mode to the zones having aimed resources. And when you play the campaign, to gather ions and plasma safely in Devries, Bleax Peable is the sector you want, however the nearest empty space zone devoid of any resources is upwards... see where i'm going with it ? If you do build your station like say 150km above regular Y level, you big ships will make more than 25mn to travel from the resources to you station... All of this because of this nonsense lacking ability to fully to face "upwards" or "downwards"...

I know that modding allows to correct it as this is a modification seen on the Sucellus in MICT. But in order correct it, does it mean you have to do the same thing on every L/XL ships ? Or is there a more global place where we could achieve it ? (or even a mod that already correct this stuff)

raz333
xr

Re: Script & Mod Requests

Post by raz333 » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 06:59

URGENT MOD REQUEST, THANK YOU see other forum posting..

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=401008

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 18:29

I'm looking for a mod that changes the way the boost works for the player.
I'm not a huge fan of having to use shields to boost. Ideally it would be nice to have SOME sort of resource required / limitation so as to not be too abuseable. But at this point I think I would even take unlimited boost (but only for player ship :D )
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 04:19

I have a few requests for a convienience mod.

- Make station icons targettable and scannable at the same range that they are appear (about 3k it seems to be?)
- Make getting a 'proc' scan (when you unlock more than one node if you are lucky) twice as likely to happen.
- Make all highway/superhighway traffic travel at the same speed, so collisions dont happen (or make 'problem' highways (HoL) more like Albion highways).
- Make all highways in the game the same speed.
- Remove ability to boost in highway or change speed.
- Make superhighway speed 50% slower so we can at least take in the sights.
- Remove superhighway hazards (both visually and mechanically).

Cheers. Hoping someone thinks these things are worth making.

Oh, is there a mod that allows us to move architects from CV's to the station and then remove the CV yet?
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 13. Nov 18, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 01:44

I have another couple of requests. Wouldnt it be cool if we could temporarily hack a station to allow us to dock?
Many stations have an unused (unless im mistaken) 'Bureau Security' module - would be very cool to use Trojan drone to hack that module and gain access to hostile stations for a while, and trick all onboard npcs that you are not hostile (so you can use smalltalk to improve rep too).
For other stations that dont have it, like Cartel stations, something else would need to be used (Cartel is probably one of the factions we'd get the most use of this feature with).

Also, is it possible to make the Skunks booster drain shield more slowly (increasing boost range), where higher rank shields = more efficient?
So mk1 or 2 shields will be about the same as vanilla, but mk5 will last a lot longer.
Cheers

Hero77
x4

Post by Hero77 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:12

Add a setting to the ship's transport/space crate collection laser beam to ignore/do not collect illlegal wares.

Mabe different modes:

1. Collect everything
2. Collect if legal or player owns licence for all factions
3. Collect if legal or player owns licence for faction in current system
4. Do not collect illegal wares
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

Depleted
x4

Post by Depleted » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:07

Can someone please make a mod which fixes managers?
In both 1.2 and 1.3 my station manager tries to be the manager of the dock that i've docked at, he's on the travel list as the manager in green, he's not in his office, he can't be found by running around the dock, and as a result i can't fire the manager or assign a new manager, and in each of the characters ive created it's the same issue every time.
Picture to help you understand my issue.
http://puu.sh/Cg1iO/0e13d89627.JPG

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”