Cheating credits with memory injection.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hisazul
xr

Cheating credits with memory injection.

Post by hisazul » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 06:39

Just to make things clear... this isn't a mod, this is 3rd party memory injection script meant to be used with cheat engine.
In cheat engine create a script, insert this:

Code: Select all

[ENABLE]

alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)
aobscan(credits_aob,B8 01 00 00 00 5F C3 33 C0 5F C3 CC CC CC CC 8B 41 10 8B 51 14 C3)
label(credits_jmp)
registersymbol(credits_jmp)
label(credits_p)
registersymbol(credits_p)

newmem:

originalcode:
mov eax,[ecx+10]
mov edx,[ecx+14]
mov [credits_p],ecx

exit:
jmp returnhere

credits_p:
db 0

credits_aob+f: //"XRebirth.exe"+36C0:
credits_jmp:
jmp newmem
nop
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
dealloc(newmem)
credits_jmp:
db 8B 41 10 8B 51 14
unregistersymbol(credits_jmp)
Start the script, then add address manually. Make it 8 byte pointer with address "credits_p" without quotes and give it offset of 10.

Just go to station open trade window with npc and it should find your credits. No idea which trading windows or other windows it may/may not work with.

If you want to find it yourself its a simple 8 byte integer in format of lets say you have 1 credit, it would be 100.

If cheats aren't allowed in script forum, delete topic. It used to be the place where cheats were dumped so I just dropped it here.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 06:44

save the game, go to your save folder, open the save xml, find the "money" tag (usually on line 6), change to whatever value you want.

No fancy memory injection required :)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 06:52

Jack08 wrote:save the game, go to your save folder, open the save xml, find the "money" tag (usually on line 6), change to whatever value you want.

No fancy memory injection required :)
Lol or that. Tho that requires reloading but complaining about doing that once and never looking back would be... well...
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:09

@ Jack08

Was gunna say...
Memory editing? Overkill much? =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

John McG
x4

cheating credits

Post by John McG » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:27

I opened the saved game and found the money tag, but it wouldn't let me add anything or make any alterations to the page!

jarlrmai

Post by jarlrmai » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:31

Most likely your default XML app is a web browser, use Notepad or something like Notepad++ for some mark-up.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:18

and note that the money parameter is just for the save info. The real amount is saved in an account Tag which is in the Save at least 6 times.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JonathanVQP
x4

Re: Cheating credits with memory injection.

Post by JonathanVQP » Sat, 16. May 20, 22:03

Just a FYI, editing the savegame file to get mo' money or using mods will generate the "Modified" tag in the game. However, if you play the game, and use the cheat engine script to modify the $$$$ in memory, this will not produce the "Modified" tag. I have been doing this to test out the ventures feature of the game since playing ventures requires one not to use mods.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Cheating credits with memory injection.

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 17. May 20, 08:19

This was an almost 7 years-old dormant thread and it's for X Rebirth which does not have Ventures.

*thread locked*

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”