[TUTORIAL] X Rebirth - Modding Guide

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 18:29

zanzal wrote:I keep reading the guide over and over again and can't find it. Is there a complete list of commands with parameters and return values for xml scripts?
UniTrader wrote:aiscript.xsd and md.xsd may help you. (both to be found in the libraries-folder) they also include the common.xsd.
Also be sure to check out scriptproperties.html in your main .cat extract folder (it's right up front -- not in any of the subfolders -- and it opens fine with a web browser).

It's about the most complete and readable catalog of script properties, parameters, types, and dependencies that we've got so far.

matmorning

help to install mod ...

Post by matmorning » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:50

hi

sorry about my english

;i know about \extensions but when i am on game it tells me extension are not installed

exemple

\jeux\steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\_CommonRedist\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck

but nothing happens

HELP PLEASE

wiwip
x4

Re: help to install mod ...

Post by wiwip » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:58

matmorning wrote:hi

sorry about my english

;i know about \extensions but when i am on game it tells me extension are not installed

exemple

\jeux\steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\_CommonRedist\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck

but nothing happens

HELP PLEASE
I can't say I am sure, but I'd say that the "..\X Rebirth\_CommonRedist\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck" should look more like ..\X Rebirth\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck"
So, by moving Extensions to X Rebirth root directory, the problem should be corrected.
If the dark side has a dark mode, be my guest.

wiwip
x4

Re: help to install mod ...

Post by wiwip » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:59

matmorning wrote:hi

sorry about my english

exemple

but nothing happens

HELP PLEASE
I can't say I am sure, but I'd say that the "..\X Rebirth\_CommonRedist\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck" should look more like ..\X Rebirth\Extensions\OverrideObstructionCheck"
So, by moving Extensions to X Rebirth root directory, the problem should be corrected.

matmorning

Post by matmorning » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:23

MERCI BEAUCOUP FROM PARIS

wiwip
x4

Post by wiwip » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:59

matmorning wrote:MERCI BEAUCOUP FROM PARIS
De rien du Quebec 8)

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 10:45

I tried to open one of the core image files in gimp:

assets\fx\gui\textures\target_elements\tsys_build_act.tga

I've got this:

Opening 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X Rebirth\actions_build\actions_build.tga' failed: TarGA image plug-In could not open image

:gruebel:

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 10:48

isnt this a dds file instead of tga?

and you dont have to decompress texture files when using gimp, it decompresses gz automagically ;) (and reads the correct file type based on file contents, so i think there is no need for a file name extension)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 10:59

UniTrader wrote:isnt this a dds file instead of tga?

and you dont have to decompress texture files when using gimp, it decompresses gz automagically ;) (and reads the correct file type based on file contents, so i think there is no need for a file name extension)
I was missing the plug-in it works now. Thanks anyway I did not know I don't have to decompress.

FinWiz

Post by FinWiz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 21:31

I'm really new in modding so I decided to just ask. Is there a way to tell for this game to skip whole xml file and to use one provided by mod instead?
Target file is targetpoints.xml in library folder.
How can you say there is no game under the bugs when bugs so far have prevented us from fully playing it.

"One should strive to achieve, not sit in bitter regret."
-VNV Nation

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 21:38

why do you want to replace this file?

anyway: no simple way, you have to create a diff which replaces the whole content:

<diff>
<replace sel='/targetpoints' >
<!-- your new targetpoints -->
</replace>
</diff>

i would not recommend this because it may cause incompatibilites with all mods which change this file.

and since you probably tried the obvious way (putting a modified core file in the same folder and changing it) - this wont work, the new file is treated as addition in that case. (see 2nd post in the xml guide sticky)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

FinWiz

Post by FinWiz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 22:38

UniTrader wrote:why do you want to replace this file?

anyway: no simple way, you have to create a diff which replaces the whole content:

<diff>
<replace sel='/targetpoints' >
<!-- your new targetpoints -->
</replace>
</diff>

i would not recommend this because it may cause incompatibilites with all mods which change this file.

and since you probably tried the obvious way (putting a modified core file in the same folder and changing it) - this wont work, the new file is treated as addition in that case. (see 2nd post in the xml guide sticky)
Because there is over 10000 targetpoints. I figured I could use search and replace function in XML editor but not sure how that would work with patch method.
How can you say there is no game under the bugs when bugs so far have prevented us from fully playing it.

-VNV Nation

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 22:42

i still dont get what exactly you want to change there...

FinWiz

Post by FinWiz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 22:50

UniTrader wrote:i still dont get what exactly you want to change there...
To increase max range where you can scan or hack. If I'm not completely mistaking, it's the R="X" value in "point" entry. Correct me if I'm wrong :D

-VNV Nation

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 22:52

hmm, for that msel would be useful.. not sure if XR supports it though..

brammie

Post by brammie » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 17:19

FinWiz wrote:
UniTrader wrote:i still dont get what exactly you want to change there...
To increase max range where you can scan or hack. If I'm not completely mistaking, it's the R="X" value in "point" entry. Correct me if I'm wrong :D

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/unlocks/globals">
		<globals maxdistance="6km" threshold="5km" rechecktime="5s" >
			<infopoint memorydistance="5km" memoryangle="45" memorytime="1h" />
			<missionoffer memorydistance="5km" memoryangle="45" memorytime="1h" />      
			<platform memorydistance="5km" memoryangle="45" memorytime="1h" />
			<tradeoffer memorydistance="5km" memoryangle="45" memorytime="4h" />
  </globals>		
	</replace>
and for hacking there is (assets\props\SurfaceElements\Macros\unit_player_drone_*)

Code: Select all

<macro name="unit_player_drone_hackerprobe_macro" class="hackerprobe">
    <component ref="generic_hackerprobe" />
    <properties>
      <identification unique="0" />
      <hack range="1000" angle="15" />
    </properties>
  </macro>

So its in there, no need to go over 10k info points...

St4n

Post by St4n » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 15:54

The example-file osr_universe.rar is down, please reup. (Maybe with one or two mirrors.)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 21:57

No, only the link is down, changed to http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/28/? but Nexusmods changed their rules so nothing bigger than 2mb can be downloaded from this side. I,m NOT ready getting another new account to another side I don't know, so please reload it to complete free sides like mega.co.nz so that everyone in this forum can get it and not only the few members of Nexusmods.
greetings, MJ Fire

mbhm
x4

Post by mbhm » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 17:10

Does anybody have a clue, how the trading computer adds the station offers to the trading menu? And if we are at it, i can't even find that menu in the files.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 17:42

probably a hard coded way (i dont know a way to do it that way) but there is a workaround: add the Trade Offer to something in Player posession ;) (have a look inth my Info Broker to see how its done ;) )

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”