cant replace captain

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dufeu
x4

cant replace captain

Post by Dufeu » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:04

i just bought the largest non xenon destroyer (WOOHOO) so i bought ( mend hired) 3 people for it a cap, engineer and a defense officer.
i have no problem putting the latter 2 to work but i cant put captain to work bc its greyed out.
Is there a work arround

thanks in advanced

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: cant replace captain

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 09:53

Is it doing something critical (eg undocking, waiting for drones, etc) which means that the temporary captain that came with the ship cannot be disturbed right now?

You would really have to say a lot more about the situation and game to get more useful advice. This also sounds more like a gameplay issue than one for Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dufeu
x4

Post by Dufeu » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:07

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 09:53
Is it doing something critical (eg undocking, waiting for drones, etc) which means that the temporary captain that came with the ship cannot be disturbed right now?

You would really have to say a lot more about the situation and game to get more useful advice. This also sounds more like a gameplay issue than one for Tech Sp.
ok ill try a OOZ then and if thzt doensst help a OOS

i got it working by work somewhere else from inside the skunk

i have 1 question nothing todo about this topic

why isnt XB not running on DX11?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 14:07

I'm glad you managed to work around it.

What is XB? If you mean XBTF then it does work on Dx11 or Dx12 as long as they (the OS and DirectX) have all the correct legacy Dx9c files included in their folders, which they should. Other things to try might include running the game in Supervisor mode and Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

It's not a good idea to change topic and game in a Tech Sp request though. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”