Can't board Taranis near portal DeVries > Albion

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dev disco

Can't board Taranis near portal DeVries > Albion

Post by Dev disco » Sat, 9. Jan 21, 22:01

Hi,
I just had a long fight with a Taranis that guards the portal to Albion on the DeVries side. Took me about half an hour to take every surface item away from her and have her ready for boarding. Unfortunately there is no option to board. I have boarded quite a lot of ships, and know where the option should be. I don't click the docking bay, for instance.
I jumped into Albion and clicked an enemy ship to see if the option was available there, and yes it was. Then I was destroyed because I landed in the middle of a huge fight between the HoA Arawn and some Plutarch ships. When I click an allied ship I also see the boarding option. So it seems that only the Taranis is for some reason not boardable. Is there a way to unscrew it, for instance a safe game edit? I did restart the game.
O, I am in the campaign just before you go to Omicron Lycrae or whatever it's called.
Cheers,
D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can't board Taranis near portal DeVries > Albion

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jan 21, 22:29

It sounds as though it is considered as a plot ship needed for some further plot activity and so is designated that it cannot be boarded. (Or it could be that this situation applied at one time but has not been cleared since.) Short of save edits with all attendant risks of messing your game up (and a topic for the S&M forum), I don't see a way around it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dev disco

Re: Can't board Taranis near portal DeVries > Albion

Post by Dev disco » Sun, 10. Jan 21, 00:37

Probably. I had a few of my own capships kill it, and immediately another one popped up, which I killed as well. Then one popped up on top of my Balors, which was a bit of a bummer for them and me. Anyway, I think this protected, magically reappearing bully is pretty lame. LOW ENERGY!, as the Orange Monkey Philospher would have it. So I added Simoons Lantern, and gave myself a Taranis and the two Balors I lost. After all they were stolen from me, as I couldn't have lost without this communist game cheating me out of my brilliant victory.
And there was much rejoicing!

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”