Problem with Steam registration of Collectors edition

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sabatius
x4

Problem with Steam registration of Collectors edition

Post by sabatius » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 19:58

Hello,

I've bought X Rebirth boxed version on 15th of November 2013. I Think it was Deluxe or pre order edition as I have Soundtrack volume 1 in DLC and Teladi Outpost. It's all registered on my Steam account.

I've managed to buy yesterday boxed Collectors Edition. I can't register it on my Steam account as it says that product is already owned. So I can't get access to DLC's through my steam account like Soundtrack Vol 2 etc.

I was thinking about removing "current" game from my steam account but I'm afraid that I will lose DLC Teladi Outpost. Steam support is saying that I should contact Egosoft. Can anyone help me with this.

Thank You.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Problem with Steam registration of Collectors edition

Post by CBJ » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 12:42

It's correct that you can only register XR once on Steam. The only way you can switch your game registration over to the CE is to ask Steam to remove the old one and register the new one. You will need to explain to them what you want to happen with regard to DLCs and so on, so that you don't lose anything. I'm afraid I don't really understand why Steam has directed you to us about this, as we have no means to add or remove games from your Steam profile. That said, if they make a mistake and you do lose access to the DLC, we can of course rectify that with a new code rather than you having to re-buy it. To make sure we have an up-to-date record of what you have registered, please update your Steam Link (Forum Profile -> Egosoft Settings -> Game Registration) and drop me a PM when you've done so. I will then make a note of your games before you contact Steam support so that any problems afterwards can be corrected.

sabatius
x4

Post by sabatius » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 19:19

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 25. Jan 19, 12:42
It's correct that you can only register XR once on Steam. The only way you can switch your game registration over to the CE is to ask Steam to remove the old one and register the new one. You will need to explain to them what you want to happen with regard to DLCs and so on, so that you don't lose anything. I'm afraid I don't really understand why Steam has directed you to us about this, as we have no means to add or remove games from your Steam profile. That said, if they make a mistake and you do lose access to the DLC, we can of course rectify that with a new code rather than you having to re-buy it. To make sure we have an up-to-date record of what you have registered, please update your Steam Link (Forum Profile -> Egosoft Settings -> Game Registration) and drop me a PM when you've done so. I will then make a note of your games before you contact Steam support so that any problems afterwards can be corrected.
Thanks for reply. I've updated my Game registration yesterday. Is it not visible? Whey I go to Game Registration I can see that but 1st DLC is not visible there.

https://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr3 ... rd02_1.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 19:28

Individual DLCs are not registered on the forum but will be shown in your Steam Library listing when you click on the game in that list.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sabatius
x4

Post by sabatius » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 22:51

OK. It didn't went very well. I removed game through Steam support and game disappeared from my account.

https://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr3 ... ard02c.jpg

I used my new collector's edition key to add game. Game was added but with exactly the same add-ons witch I had with normal boxed version. There is no Soundtrack vol 2 etc. What went wrong?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:15

Just a few questions and checks to understand what is going on.

Which did you buy, the Collectors' Edition at ~ £45, or the Collectors' Edition Upgrade at ~ £20? With the upgrade you should not have to uninstall the prior Steam base game (and it's less than half the price). You end up with the same digital items either way. Since all your games were boxed, I suspect it was not the upgrade.

What X Rebirth DLCs do you now see listed as already installed or available to download/install (for free) on the Steam page that you see when you click on your X Rebirth game in your Steam Libarary?

When you registered the new game with Steam, did you use the code on the jacket of the X Rebirth disk included, or one provided on other paperwork in the boxed set?

sabatius
x4

Post by sabatius » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 17:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:15
Just a few questions and checks to understand what is going on.

Which did you buy, the Collectors' Edition at ~ £45, or the Collectors' Edition Upgrade at ~ £20? With the upgrade you should not have to uninstall the prior Steam base game (and it's less than half the price). You end up with the same digital items either way. Since all your games were boxed, I suspect it was not the upgrade.

What X Rebirth DLCs do you now see listed as already installed or available to download/install (for free) on the Steam page that you see when you click on your X Rebirth game in your Steam Libarary?

When you registered the new game with Steam, did you use the code on the jacket of the X Rebirth disk included, or one provided on other paperwork in the boxed set?
- Collector's Edition (not upgrade). When trying game on Steam there was message that I already own the game.
- Right now: Encyclopedia, The Teladi Outpost, Soundtrack Volume 1.
- To register I used code on the back of the manual.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:48

CBJ is on your case, but just as a holding answer for now, I'm pretty sure that the CE versions for the boxset and Steam Store downloads have different music digital content because the boxset has music on the included BluRay disk and CD that you would not get from Steam.

You can easily check by looking at the content given for the Steam CE full and upgrade digital download versions on the Steam store, compared with that for the CE boxset version on the Egosoft Shop product page (and probably listed on the physical box too).

sabatius
x4

Post by sabatius » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 19:14

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:48
CBJ is on your case, but just as a holding answer for now, I'm pretty sure that the CE versions for the boxset and Steam Store downloads have different music digital content because the boxset has music on the included BluRay disk and CD that you would not get from Steam.

You can easily check by looking at the content given for the Steam CE full and upgrade digital download versions on the Steam store, compared with that for the CE boxset version on the Egosoft Shop product page (and probably listed on the physical box too).
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Digital content for CE on steam is exactly the same (apart from DLC's) as boxed - boxed edition was released before DLC's. I bought CE edition to have digital backups of Soundtrack and The space opera in case DVD/bluray will get damaged/lost. I have The Teladi Outpost already.

That's from Steam page:

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
This Collector's Edition of X Rebirth includes the following items:

DLC: The Teladi Outpost
DLC: Home of Light (new!)
Soundtrack Volume 1 (MP3)
Exclusive: Soundtrack Volume 2 (MP3)
Optional download: X - The Space Opera - Per Musica ad Albion (Video)
Bonus download with artworks and X encyclopedia

The bonus content will be placed in your X Rebirth installation folder:
...Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\Bonus Content

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 20:28

Thanks for the reply but you may be missing my point. If you look at the Egosoft shop description of the CE boxset content, it mentions " Exclusive soundtrack audio CD" but no mention of "Exclusive: Soundtrack Volume 2 (MP3)". I am tempted to believe that this is why each version calls their own content elements 'exclusive' - but I could be wrong of course.

The shorter version is that I believe that the CE boxset does not include automatic access to every bit of the Steam CE version digital content but provides physical media instead.

sabatius
x4

Post by sabatius » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 22:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 29. Jan 19, 20:28
Thanks for the reply but you may be missing my point. If you look at the Egosoft shop description of the CE boxset content, it mentions " Exclusive soundtrack audio CD" but no mention of "Exclusive: Soundtrack Volume 2 (MP3)". I am tempted to believe that this is why each version calls their own content elements 'exclusive' - but I could be wrong of course.

The shorter version is that I believe that the CE boxset does not include automatic access to every bit of the Steam CE version digital content but provides physical media instead.
That would be very disappointing. I got around 1000 games on Steam. I've bought many Collectors Editions and every single one with Soundtrack CD was giving me access to Digital version on Steam.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”