Black Cockpit Monitors in 4.0

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt.Calavera
x3tc

Black Cockpit Monitors in 4.0

Post by Cpt.Calavera » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 23:26

I've just noticed that all the monitors in the cockpit are black, except for the radar one. I know it doesn't affect gameplay but it looks pretty ugly.

I've already tried changing cockpits, reloading, docking, undocking but nothing worked.

I read in 4.0 patch notes that this was fixed but apparently it wasn't.

Is there any way to fix this?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 00:55

There is only one monitor that is used in the cockpit, it either displays the radar or messages from your assets. The rest of the screen displays are not used.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 11:53

I think the OP means that the other monitors (shields, missiles and guns) have mainly plain black backgrounds (with a thin edge bloom, and a thin travelling raster in the case of the last two) while the main radar display has quite a thick spreading edge bloom that can give the overall impression of it having a grey background.

I think the monitor improvement mentioned in the 4.00 patch was to fix the 'sticky' comms-static overlay on the event monitor that would not go away after it appeared as part of the plot - and was misplaced in other cockpit types.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cpt.Calavera
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Calavera » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 13:09

Actually I was talking about the other monitors in the cockpit that have no functional purpose other then aesthetics really. For some reason I thought they had some kind of textures before but now are completely black.

Anyways, maybe they have always been like that. I think the only momment where they display anything is at the beggining of the plot when Ysha restarts all the Skunk's systems and those monitors display some random stuff, maybe that's why I thought they've always been there.

Thx for the answers.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”