Randomly exiting stations & Low UI framerate

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andoulline
x4

Randomly exiting stations & Low UI framerate

Post by Andoulline » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 13:11

Hello everyone!

So recently I've decided to start playing X Rebirth again and I've run into a problem that I can't seem to be able to fix.

Okay my first problem is this: sometimes when I enter a station (or one of my ships) I get randomly kicked back to the ship after taking a step as if I'd just exited it. This sometimes also happens when exiting a conversation with NPCs. As someone who likes running around stations this is a really annoying problem.
I've not managed to find anything about this on the forums.

My second issue is that the animated UI elements (weapon display, missile display and the drone menu) all have very low framerate. While this doesn't affect the game it's just annoying. I've had this issue when I've stopped playing last time but it didn't get in the way of playing so I just ignored it.
EDIT: This is the same thing that this topic is describing, I've tried all those but none of them worked.

I've tested these both on a new game, and after reinstalling the game, both happened, both are replicable.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 15:33

The first one sounds like an issue with your control configuration. Either you've got a mapping conflict or you've got a device sending an additional unintentional signal to the game. Try unplugging input devices until it stops happening and/or resetting your control mappings.

For the other problem, please provide a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report as requested at the top of the forum, and any other information you have.

Andoulline
x4

Post by Andoulline » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 15:53

Well the only thing I have plugged in is my keyboard & mouse, a headset and a usb extension cord.

As for the other things. I'm running a vanilla game in free play mode (verge explorer start, made the test in the empire builder start).
The game itself is V4.00 (208311) English (GOG) version

Here's the DXDiag report

EDIT: Unplugging the extension cord fixed the 1st issue. I'm not even going to question that.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”