Missing ship cargo limit validation process - Working as intended

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Missing ship cargo limit validation process - Working as intended

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 26. May 16, 03:21

Actually this is not a bug but rather a strong recommandation to implement a fix to prevent an exploit.

I will not say how but I did a test and if you actually change the amount of all/some merchandise in the cargo of a constructor ship, it will accept it even if that means you have 1000 times more merchandise in it then what its cargo allows.

Therefore, there is no validation or checking in place for ship to make sure the total amount of merchandise in their cargo does not go beyond the maximum capacity of that ship.

If it is to be allowed, then at least make the speed of the ship affected by how much over stuffed it is.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. May 16, 10:57

Cargo space limits are checked whenever you try and add cargo by any means within the game. If you add extra cargo by editing your savegame then of course you can exceed those limits.

It would be pretty annoying for people if the game simply disposed of excess cargo in such situations, for example when installing a mod that reduced cargo space for a particular type of ship and then loading a savegame in which one of those ships was full to the old limit.

With things as they stand, a player will be able to remove and sell that cargo but not add any cargo until the amount stored is less than the available space. That seems like a pretty reasonable compromise, which is why we've done it that way, and I see no way in which this could be considered an "exploit".

If you decide to edit your savegame to give yourself more cargo then that's your choice. You can just as easily give yourself a billion credits if you want to. It's a single-player game. You're not doing anyone else any harm by doing this; the only person whose enjoyment of the game could be reduced by doing so is you.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”