Wiki - Temporary workarounds for some common problems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Wiki - Temporary workarounds for some common problems

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 02:49

Some common problems and bugs have proven workarounds that may be difficult to remember or find in the forums.

A Wiki page has been created to allow workarounds to common issues to be stored and added to as more are discovered. Please feel free to add to or amend the Wiki page where appropriate.

Introductory wiki page, explaining how to use it:
https://wiki.egosoft.com:1337/X%20Rebirth%20Wiki/

The new wiki page for these common problems with workarounds:
https://wiki.egosoft.com:1337/X%20Rebir ... 0problems/

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 15:05

An erratum for you:

"CVs will only use the Construction URV units they have equipped when ordered to build a stage of a station."

This is slightly inaccurate - the number is locked in as soon as there are enough resources to begin at least partial construction (ie. construction actually begins and percentage built starts going up - I think it's at this point that drones actually fly out to the build site.) I recently ordered a CV to start building something but forgot to "recycle" CURVs from a fully built station's CV beforehand, so when the order was given there were 0 CURVs onboard. I realised my mistake after the CV had deployed and started the construction site, but before any construction had begun, so I quickly brought over some CURVs (would have been somewhere between 50 and 70, that's the number I usually use), and when the building materials were delivered, construction began correctly.

Please feel free to delete this post once you have used/not used it :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 15:51

Nice observation!

I wonder if there could be an alternative possibility:

"The number of CURVs used is locked in as soon as construction begins (after there are enough resources to begin at least partial construction and at least one CURV is equipped)."

It sounds like it could fit with your observations but I've not tested it. I agree with you that the wording on the wiki isn't correct at the moment though!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:14

That's an interesting possibility - a sort of "idiot-proofing" or failsafe :D

Incidentally, a bit off-topic, but tangentially related: the NPC CVs in the plot (Canteran ones in 42, Extinct Torch etc, and the HoA one at Vapour) are able to build (albeit VERY slowly) even if they've lost all their drones - I guess somewhere down the line that happened, was seen to break things irreversibly (at least the player can take drastic and expensive measures to fix such a problem), and a failsafe was added.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Anopheles
x4

Re: Wiki - Temporary workarounds for some common problems

Post by Anopheles » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 01:52

If you have no sound in the game, make sure your HOTAS is not plugged in to a USB 2.0 slot. I can't speak for controllers and single sticks, but an easier fix than borking around with drivers.

I'll put this up there too.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”