Logitech M705 mouse support

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Logitech M705 mouse support

Post by strude » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 06:29

I have a M705 mouse, that has a thumb button, forward and back thumb buttons and left and right scroll wheel presses, but I can't seem to get the main thumb button or the left/right wheel press to work in game. The control settings screen doesn't respond to any of those button presses. The thumb forward/back buttons detect as mouse side button 2 and 1 respectively.

I have also tried assigning the troublesome buttons to key presses (upper and lower case) using the Logitech Setpoint software, and setting those keys to the desired in game function, but there is still no response. It's as if those buttons don't fire at all in game.

Is there something in my setup I'm overlooking, or is it a limitation of the control system in game?

DXDiag
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

christopherspeir

Re: Logitech M705 mouse support

Post by christopherspeir » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 10:03

I have the same mouse and the same problems. I was able to change the thumb button from application switcher to middle mouse button and then assigned middle mouse button to boost in game. Still can't get the forward, back, left and right scroll to do anything. I think the issue may be in inputmap.xml file located in the documents folder. It would be nice to have the forward/back buttons assigned to primary/secondary weapon switch and have the left/right scroll set to navigate menus. Hopefully someone can figure this out.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”