Ship build stuck at 0%

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zakuak

Ship build stuck at 0%

Post by Zakuak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:24

Ship build stuck at 0%

Been two days (probably 6 hours in game time total) now and my freighter I wanted built is still just a skeleton sitting there at the shipyards in Hot air system.

Any ideas what I can do to cancel this or speed it up? lol

Daffchilly
x3ap

Post by Daffchilly » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:42

Same for me in Shady Vault...
Been a couple of hours now and still sitting at 0%..
Tried to build a ship in the shipyard in Shady Vault...

Freighters are lining up in front of it..

Any solution on this one?

Cheers

Katastrophi
x3

Post by Katastrophi » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:55

Daffchilly wrote:Same for me in Shady Vault...

Cheers
One of the moderators said this is caused by a lack of materials at the shipyard. Though if you don't have a freighter to get the materials there, you might be SOL, because the NPC traders are non-existent for the most part.

Source: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=351531

Edit: Additionally, I'm not sure there is currently a way to even see what materials the shipyard is low on in order to continue their build processes, but you could start completing the trade missions that are offered at the station.
Last edited by Katastrophi on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Krunch
x3ap

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:55

I had the same issue, I have been told that the station was out of stock on some of the resources required to build the ship. I went into the XML from the save and indeed, the stations didn't have the necessary resources to build the ship.

Your ship will only build when the station has enough resource to do so. So you need to wait for the station to somehow replenish his inventory.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:57

Man I wish I knew what to do about it, I sold that taranis ship to do this because I need haulers more then shooters at this point....seems most ships dont shoot crap anyways so may aswell make something useful lol.

I wonder if the station actually requires resources/materials/goods to build ships?? Oh god lol what a quandary this could be lmao. I need a freighter to haul resources to get the freighter built...fml!!

Ok guys thanks for the reply, makes sense now :roll:
Last edited by Zakuak on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Krunch
x3ap

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:01

As I said, the station will need resources to build ships. You can try your luck at a different shipyard (in a different zone) where you have not built a ship yet. Better chances of having the necessary resources.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:02

Had the same problem, moved to another ship yard (was shady vault though) and then it worked. Figured it was a resource problem. At the new shipyard, I started the build several times while experimenting and it worked every time expect once when it again got stuck at 0%.

Daffchilly
x3ap

Post by Daffchilly » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:03

That's the point...
Even if that were the case:

I can not refill the station because I don't have a freighter..
Plus I don't even get how to find out what it is missing... :evil:

Oh well...

Krunch
x3ap

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:10

I made a mod request here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 39#4223739

Hopefully someone generous enough will make it happen. In the mean time you can either search for other shipyards... or modify the XML manually to restock the stations.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:11

Yeah, this game is so frustrating. It's like they were shooting for a new world record in the category buggiest release ever. Here is the thread I posted in when I had this problem: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=building

Malankatank
x4

Post by Malankatank » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:53

Katastrophi wrote:

Cheers
One of the moderators said this is caused by a lack of materials at the shipyard. Though if you don't have a freighter to get the materials there, you might be SOL, because the NPC traders are non-existent for the most part.

Edit: Additionally, I'm not sure there is currently a way to even see what materials the shipyard is low on in order to continue their build processes, but you could start completing the trade missions that are offered at the station.

go into the trading screen and look at wares bought by station. if you look at refined metals and bioptic wiring among other things, press offer to open up all offers for said ware. now look for something that says pmc shipyard at the bottom of the screen when you highlight offers, this is how you tell what the station needs. you might need to go to the shipyard and find the buying area to find the offer first or get the trading software upgrade so you just need to fly by the station. find the wares that station needs (from my experience there is plenty of them) and sell them to the station. voila, you have something to do for 12 hours (not joking)

it takes a lot of stuff to build these ships apparently and from my experience I can only get bioptic wiring at about 400 at a time before someone else buys them up first. good luck
over thinking and over analyzing since '87

Ryuuji

Post by Ryuuji » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:36

I had the same problem and so I edited my Savefiles. Now my ship is being build up to 84% and than falls to 67% and is stuck. What could be the cause?

Katastrophi
x3

Post by Katastrophi » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:10

Malankatank wrote:
Katastrophi wrote:

Cheers

go into the trading screen and look at wares bought by station. if you look at refined metals and bioptic wiring among other things, press offer to open up all offers for said ware. now look for something that says pmc shipyard at the bottom of the screen when you highlight offers, this is how you tell what the station needs. you might need to go to the shipyard and find the buying area to find the offer first or get the trading software upgrade so you just need to fly by the station. find the wares that station needs (from my experience there is plenty of them) and sell them to the station. voila, you have something to do for 12 hours (not joking)

it takes a lot of stuff to build these ships apparently and from my experience I can only get bioptic wiring at about 400 at a time before someone else buys them up first. good luck
I worked on that tactic this evening, but got distracted by other bugs. Like capturing a mining ship and not being able to dock. Looks like I'll be limping through hostile territory for awhile yet to get my ships and stations built.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:47

Krunch, awesome MOd request..

I really did not want to get into cheating with this game but ....welp...here I am. I'm at work so I can't fix my ship build via the XML but I will try it tonight when I get home.

I'd rather use a mod...but then again..I do not want to have a situation where the games just feeding me gold coins and a easy button. I like that "omg wth just happened" effect of a game with depth, but I find myself missing some key tools to dig up the information required to self sustain.

martinld2000

Post by martinld2000 » Thu, 2. Aug 18, 23:45

Hi, i made a video that shows how to solve the problem

"Building a ship. Stuck at 0% :: X Rebirth Solution"

https://youtu.be/gFIkUAIR-1E

the video show how to identify the missing materials that you need to probide to the shipyard.

hope it helps someone, took me a time to figure out.
regards,
Martin

zakaluka

Re: Ship build stuck at 0%

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 01:44

even supplying the parts might not un-stick your build, because your loadout probably takes more parts than other NPC orders from the same station. The shipyard doesn't just build in order, it will move down the list past yours if it has enough parts to build the next one.

So one method of getting ships to build is to use lower tier components, don't go for that tier 3 best chassis build at first.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ship build stuck at 0%

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 15:00

Note that this is a 2013 thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”