Autopilot Shenanigans

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Valykry

Autopilot Shenanigans

Post by Valykry » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 05:11

Is there a fix out there for the autopilot? I know it never was the best but now it derps pretty much constantly. If it isn't holding position right after exiting a highway and not continuing on (fixable by disengaging and reengageing) it's trying to fly me through the middle of a station, fly straight from zone to zone (without using the highway) or using the hiway but taking a longer path than necessary.

[edit] as I typed this, it just exited me off of one of the main (blue) highways between sectors. Something that AFAIK shouldn't be possible, and can only be reentered from one end or the other, so it just left me stranded in the middle of nowhere, with either having to reload or face a (possibly) multi-hour flight.

[edit 2] after a bit of flight, my game just autosaved and suddenly I'm back on the highway again.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Autopilot Shenanigans

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 15:10

Well they do often call it the 'autopillock' for a reason. :D

That said, I have never been kicked off a superhighway, not even by the in-highway plasma storms. That sounds more like a game or system temporary glitch for some external reason.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Valykry

Re: Autopilot Shenanigans

Post by Valykry » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 17:03

Yea, it's odd for me too. It's probably been a couple years since I've played this, but the autopilot always used to get me where I wanted to go. It might pause for a bit at watergate (I think? The exit that spits you out practically inside a stations satellite dish) and it would sometimes make really wide turns but it worked.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”