Where should i start ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Where should i start ?

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 17. May 21, 13:34

I have played the x games for many years but when it came to X3 Rebirth I stopped because I couldn't get used to the changes and definitely preferred the format before this. now i want to start my Xperience again, I have Rebirth but also have X4 so should I start at rebirth or go straight onto X4. I have tried to watch some guides on You Tube but they arnt very good and there is one where they don't know the game almost as bad as me. Any advise that can help me would be appreciated

John Colman

Re: Where should i start ?

Post by John Colman » Mon, 17. May 21, 15:33

so should I start at rebirth or go straight onto X4.
It depends on your preferred playstyle. My opinion on the matter is: X4 has a strong emphasis on the economy (trading, building and management) where XR is better on fighting and exploring. X4 has a bigger gameworld with more ships and stations while XR is more immersive & alive and ships & stations look better.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 17. May 21, 15:55

That is very interesting, thanks, with that said my favourite pastime in previous X games were trading and building factories and found the fighting the thing I liked least. Apart from flying around in an odi and decimating everything in my way. So thanks I might give rebirth a miss and try getting started in X4. Is there a recommended start I should try ??

Vergeh2
x4

Post by Vergeh2 » Thu, 27. May 21, 17:44

Game starts in X4 have very little influence over the major story arc other than a couple mini missions and determining your starting faction relations. That said I've heard the Terran Cadet start is quite popular. The central mission unlocks research, modifications and free ships. The faction missions let you shape how the factions relate to one another. Both give their best results when started early, but are sufficiently demanding that they won't be finished until you've built a small empire.
Last edited by Vergeh2 on Thu, 27. May 21, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. May 21, 17:48

.. but let's continue the discussion about X4 in the correct forum please.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”