Trying to understand X Rebirth Maps... any help would be appreciated! - It was XR VR.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tolmos
x3tc

Trying to understand X Rebirth Maps... any help would be appreciated! - It was XR VR.

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 06:21

Hey all! So I've been trying to get back into X Rebirth lately, giving it a proper shot this time (in VR), and I've found something is confusing me quite a bit.

If I am reading these correctly, then according to the following two maps, there should be a total of 3 stations in Buried Treasure.

https://seizewell.de/rebirth/map/Map-Rebirth.jpg
https://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/universe/ ... 6/zone-43/

Both maps say the same thing. And yet, all I can see is the Li Ship Fab. At first I thought maybe I wasn't flying out far enough, but no matter how far I flew I wasn't seeing it. I long range scanned up a storm. Then I even went as far as to download a cheat mod and added a trade to every station in the universe (not planning on saving that; that's no fun). It supposedly uncovered every sector and station... and yet still I only see 1 station in Buried Treasure.

I'm super confused folks. Does the game just randomly pick 1 of the 3 and place it there? Or am I somehow missing something?

I am playing in Free Play. I have a few quality of life mods, but no overhauls or anything.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Trying to understand X Rebirth Maps... any help would be appreciated!

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 20:12

If you are playing XR VR then you are not playing on those maps you linked. The XR VR universe is different and smaller than the normal XR one. This question would be better placed in the XR VR forum too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tolmos
x3tc

Re: Trying to understand X Rebirth Maps... any help would be appreciated!

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 20:15

Oh! I knew there were some differences, but I didn't realize that the VR maps would actually be different. For the most part I thought that there would only be differences in smaller gameplay things, but otherwise a direct port.

Thanks a bunch for the response! This really helps clarify things.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”