Confused about Teladi DLC

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dhiman999

Confused about Teladi DLC

Post by dhiman999 » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 16:36

I'm still learning XR after all these years and didn't play it since launch.

I'm a little confused on the Ugurus Armanents faction in Teladi sector. I read on the forums about them being a pirate faction that will attack trade ships, etc regardless of reputation. But the Teladi Sector - Verdant Profit is now almost a graveyard of destroy Teladi Union ships that don't even attempt to fight back. After 15 minutes in the sector one UA ship has taken down 6 Teladi Union ships.

So, is this intentional? or a bug? Doesn't make sense to me if its intentional but I'm still going through the main plot of XR.

I read about a mod called Fearless Telad but I'm hearing this doesn't work with 4.3

Any suggestions? or am I supposed to fight back against UA at some point?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Confused about Teladi DLC

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 19:56

Basically there are two privateer factions in Teladi space (UA and CAR, both using Phoenix Marauders) that will attack any TRADE ships they see regardless of faction rep - including those of the Player. They will not attack FIGHT ships though unless either attacked or they see a very bad rep for the owner faction. The Teladi Union turn a blind eye to all this piracy in their space - it is as if the privateers have some sort of hold over the TU. :o

You can capture and then perhaps safely use Phoenix Marauders for trading there because those are FIGHT ships that will carry some trade cargo.You might first need to recover lost rep with the relevant privateers by doing missions for them or by killing Xenon by their stations as necessary.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dhiman999

Post by dhiman999 » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 22:08

Thank you for the answer.

Another question in relation to this -
So if I was able to take out the UA and Cartel ships that are attacking the trade ships, will the AI just spawn another marauder ship or any ship for that matter? or will they be forced to "build" a new ship using their resources from shipyard? And that's asking for all factions... if you destroy their ships will they have to use resources to build another one vs just spawning a ship without any use of resources.

Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 10:56

Unfortunately replacements will just spawn in - no shipbuilding or resources involved. I suspect that they are more there for DLC game area diversity and local colour rather than an attempt at any great realism.

One nice touch that you might have noticed though is that the privateer ships will stop and use cargo drones to pick up some of the floating wares left by their kills. I guess this is why/because they were given universal cargo capacity.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dhiman999

Post by dhiman999 » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 15:56

thank you for the answers Sir! Looking forward to the DLC in X4 to come out!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”