Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Some Early Observations...

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 13. May 19, 05:48

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 15:09
Thanks RainerPrem.

Now, I Found one of those Flat Silver Boxes under an Evergreen in the Right Corner of a Manager's Office, and can not Interact with it. I moved Left, Right, Forward, and Back, to no avail... My first guess is that the Parameters of the Tree Shade the Box from Access... I even tried Squatting Down to be as low as possible...

I also found in a Couple of Manager's Offices so far, a Little Doll, (Looks like a Candle Holder??), on the Bench, and can not Interact with that either... Not able to Take it??

Damn, Just found another Silver Box in the same station under one of the Huge Green/Grey Tanks that are in an X Fame support structure that can not be Taken... Tried every angle, even the Squat...
These are in: Voracious Lady System/Sector?? on A G Metalframes Fab Station...
These boxes are totally random. There are ~100 different places on each station where such a box can be located (BTW: Did you already crawl through a vent?) Some of them are really tricky to reach (jumping up or squatting down required), but I never found one I couldn't open. Maybe a problem with your graphics card?

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:07

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 05:48
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 15:09
Thanks RainerPrem.

Now, I Found one of those Flat Silver Boxes under an Evergreen in the Right Corner of a Manager's Office, and can not Interact with it. I moved Left, Right, Forward, and Back, to no avail... My first guess is that the Parameters of the Tree Shade the Box from Access... I even tried Squatting Down to be as low as possible...

I also found in a Couple of Manager's Offices so far, a Little Doll, (Looks like a Candle Holder??), on the Bench, and can not Interact with that either... Not able to Take it??

Damn, Just found another Silver Box in the same station under one of the Huge Green/Grey Tanks that are in an X Fame support structure that can not be Taken... Tried every angle, even the Squat...
These are in: Voracious Lady System/Sector?? on A G Metalframes Fab Station...
These boxes are totally random. There are ~100 different places on each station where such a box can be located (BTW: Did you already crawl through a vent?) Some of them are really tricky to reach (jumping up or squatting down required), but I never found one I couldn't open. Maybe a problem with your graphics card?
I am speaking of the Little Silver Flat Boxes, not the Larger Brown ones. The Click on them says "TAKE", and then they Vanish, they do not Open, The Brown Boxes Open... I have run into Two so far that are in the Manager's Office, In The Right Corner, Under the little Evergreen Tree. (I have a New Graphics card, about a month ago, so I doubt it is that.) I have gotten Up Close, as far back as I can, Swung sideways, Crouched, and they are not accessible. As I see it, they are far enough under the Tree, that the Tree Graphics gets in the way... I have played other games which had similar Graphic interaction issues.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:17

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 10:07

I am speaking of the Little Silver Flat Boxes, not the Larger Brown ones. The Click on them says "TAKE", and then they Vanish, they do not Open.
That's what they're supposed to do. Look right on your screen, and you can see, what was in it. You now have that in your inventory.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Mon, 13. May 19, 12:14

I've seen those boxes that you cannot take. They look like the normal boxes. But I don't know if they are supposed to be take-able, or just decoration.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 13. May 19, 14:38

I have also run Into, Literally, some other Graphics Anomalies in this game...

Every now and then, I will be Fighting a Capital Ship, and get Too Close, Bump Against It, and Wind up INSIDE The Hull... You Can't Kill it from the Inside, so I have to Re-Load a Saved Game, and come at it again..
Getting Stuck Inside Structures should not Happen...

Then Today, I found a Lock Box Sitting in the Hollow of an Asteroid, and by maneuvering around, I was able to get my Ship Down Into the hole, and eventually get the Four Locks Shot... Then The Loot Vanished INTO The Stone of the Asteroid, Never to be seen again...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. May 19, 18:33

.. use the loot magnet while in position to claim it even if you cannot still see it. BTW, the loot from that well-hidden type of box may be 'special'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 14. May 19, 05:10

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 14:38

Every now and then, I will be Fighting a Capital Ship, and get Too Close, Bump Against It, and Wind up INSIDE The Hull... You Can't Kill it from the Inside, so I have to Re-Load a Saved Game, and come at it again..
You CAN kill a capital ship from within. Without even being shot at. And afterward you can escape from the wreck, since there are always big holes.
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:

Then Today, I found a Lock Box Sitting in the Hollow of an Asteroid, and by maneuvering around, I was able to get my Ship Down Into the hole, and eventually get the Four Locks Shot... Then The Loot Vanished INTO The Stone of the Asteroid, Never to be seen again...
Are you sure that it disappeared and not directly went into your inventory?

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 14. May 19, 13:25

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 18:33
.. use the loot magnet while in position to claim it even if you cannot still see it. BTW, the loot from that well-hidden type of box may be 'special'.
Thanks, I forget, What is the Loot Magnet?? Being Special does not help me get to it... I now need a Chain-Saw to cut down the Potted Plant in the Manager's Office to Uncover the Box.. Otherwise, how do I ever Claim it???
RainerPrem wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 05:10
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:

You CAN kill a capital ship from within. Without even being shot at. And afterward you can escape from the wreck, since there are always big holes.
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:

Are you sure that it disappeared and not directly went into your inventory?
I fired my weps for a time before Opting to reload a previous save, and the Shields were Climbing Back up. My shots seemed to be doing nothing??? Will try again if this happens.

I did not see the Pop Up that said what was taken in when the goodies vanished, but I did see that they went Down Into the stone.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 14. May 19, 13:27

Now that I finally Figured out How to Use the Radar, I think it would be Nice To ADD That Feature to X4-Foundations...
That would make Finding Lock Boxes in that version Much Simpler...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 14. May 19, 13:30

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 13:27
Now that I finally Figured out How to Use the Radar, I think it would be Nice To ADD That Feature to X4-Foundations...
That would make Finding Lock Boxes in that version Much Simpler...
If you mean the Long Range Scanner (Ping). It's the same as in X:R.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 14. May 19, 18:00

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 18:33
What is the Loot Magnet??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. May 19, 21:14

The Container Magnet on the Skunk that you use to collect opened lockbox containers or mineral fragments - its bound key is O by default. Surely you know of it?

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 14. May 19, 22:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 21:14
The Container Magnet on the Skunk that you use to collect opened lockbox containers or mineral fragments - its bound key is O by default. Surely you know of it?
Thanks for the Info... Nope, First time I ever heard of it...
Manual Info, and Tutorials for these X Games are Scant at Best.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. May 19, 22:42

Just have a read through Settings, Controls while in-game. You will see what bound keys there are and their titles along with the tooltips you get when you hover the mouse over them will tell you what they do. It is well worth having a read of them (and maybe making a few notes) before playing.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Wed, 15. May 19, 22:39

Thanks Alan Phipps I will do that. (I have looked down that list before, but I could have Missed, or Forgotten some.

Had a Great day Today...
I went through The Newly Opened Gate, Did some Exploring, and took some local jobs to raise Rep with the Locals...
Took on for about $180 K to Salvage Drop Box Loot...
Just past that search area, there was A Red Nav Beacon. Caught My attention, so I thought I would go see what was there...
WOW, An Asteroid Field with 20 to 30 Lock Boxes in it as near as I can tell...

I also Finished the Rare Engine, and am now looking for Jump Engine Coolant...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 16. May 19, 05:29

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 22:39
Thanks Alan Phipps I will do that. (I have looked down that list before, but I could have Missed, or Forgotten some.

Had a Great day Today...
I went through The Newly Opened Gate, Did some Exploring, and took some local jobs to raise Rep with the Locals...
Took on for about $180 K to Salvage Drop Box Loot...
Just past that search area, there was A Red Nav Beacon. Caught My attention, so I thought I would go see what was there...
WOW, An Asteroid Field with 20 to 30 Lock Boxes in it as near as I can tell...

I also Finished the Rare Engine, and am now looking for Jump Engine Coolant...
I'm a little puzzled. So you did the whole Plot in Omicron Lyrae and Maelstrom in one day? That is quick!

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 16. May 19, 12:38

RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 05:29
I'm a little puzzled. So you did the whole Plot in Omicron Lyrae and Maelstrom in one day? That is quick!
I started my Game as "Open Play", and I wouldn't have a Clue what the Omicron Lyrae Plot is.

I just Took the Mission to Go Beyond the "Newly Opened Gate". I have not finished The Exploring, probably not even Close. I spent most of the day Yesterday Gathering Lock Boxes, and Made Over $40 Million Credits...

None of the First Four Sections that were on my Map for the last several weeks are Completely Explored yet. Exploration in this is Vastly changed from what is was in X-4 Foundations, No Borders in here.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 16. May 19, 13:28

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 12:38
RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 05:29
I started my Game as "Open Play", and I wouldn't have a Clue what the Omicron Lyrae Plot is.

I just Took the Mission to Go Beyond the "Newly Opened Gate". I have not finished The Exploring, probably not even Close. I spent most of the day Yesterday Gathering Lock Boxes, and Made Over $40 Million Credits...

None of the First Four Sections that were on my Map for the last several weeks are Completely Explored yet. Exploration in this is Vastly changed from what is was in X-4 Foundations, No Borders in here.
I was assuming that you finished the OL plot, because only afterward you get the mission to build the jump drive. I never did the Open Play. So, your "Newly Opened Gate" is one of those leading to Cold Start, Toride of Home Of Light. That explains the meteorite field with the slew of lockboxes. Yes, there are a few of them.

Edit: Maybe it would have been better (as always in the X games) to begin with the standard start, which gives you help for many basic functions of the game.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 16. May 19, 15:59

RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 13:28
Edit: Maybe it would have been better (as always in the X games) to begin with the standard start, which gives you help for many basic functions of the game.
Ah Ha...
Perhaps that is why I have so many things I don't see, or understand... I just want to Explore, and find many things, rather than be Locked into DO THIS, Then Do That, type of Play... But then I Flounder a bit when starting out...

Like, I still do not have Access to Regular Ship Building, Small, on Occasion, but not often, and have not yet seen a Large Ship Builder. The area I am in now, I have seen 6 or 8 Ship Yards, and none I have been on have Ship Builders on them... Makes it Real Hard to Start Building any Stations.
I also have not figured out How to Change to Another Ship, as I could do Easily in X-4, and X-3, then there is The Repairing of Ships I am Not Flying, My Squad Members... I did that Once By Chance, but have not been able to Repeat that function...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 17. May 19, 08:10

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 15:59
RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 13:28
Ah Ha...
Perhaps that is why I have so many things I don't see, or understand... I just want to Explore, and find many things, rather than be Locked into DO THIS, Then Do That, type of Play... But then I Flounder a bit when starting out...

Like, I still do not have Access to Regular Ship Building, Small, on Occasion, but not often, and have not yet seen a Large Ship Builder. The area I am in now, I have seen 6 or 8 Ship Yards, and none I have been on have Ship Builders on them... Makes it Real Hard to Start Building any Stations.
I also have not figured out How to Change to Another Ship, as I could do Easily in X-4, and X-3, then there is The Repairing of Ships I am Not Flying, My Squad Members... I did that Once By Chance, but have not been able to Repeat that function...
There are two kinds of shipyards. One for S&M, the other for X&LX. ALL of them have ALWAYS appropriate builders/sellers available. The "Civil" shipyards are S&M, the "Capital" are X&LX.

And no, you can't change your ship. In X:R you will live and die with the Skunk. Repairing of other ships is a task of the ship builders/sellers. Note that it takes a loooong time for large ships to dock. But you will get a harsh note, as soon as they're finished.

PS: Look here. Shipyards are yellow.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”