Some Early Observations...

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lone_Wolf_3115

Re: Some Early Observations...

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sat, 25. May 19, 01:21

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 23:22
On the trapped attacking ship issue, going well away from that zone/sector and then returning later often sees the ship escape (and usually get itself killed) while you are away.
Ah, thanks. Another one I did not know..

I just made the Test Jump Drive, and am Supposed to JUMP TO GATE... I looked down the Settings list, and don't see the Jump Drive Activation on it.
How do I activate the Jump Drive?? I did also look at the T and Y options, but don't see it there either.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. May 19, 13:54

If you have an active jumpdrive on the Skunk (shown as Jump Drive 'OK' in the Skunk's ship info screen) that is charged and ready, then when you click on a jump gate or beacon in a Zone map you should have an available button at the bottom right of the map screen called 'Jump'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sat, 25. May 19, 14:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 13:54
If you have an active jumpdrive on the Skunk (shown as Jump Drive 'OK' in the Skunk's ship info screen) that is charged and ready, then when you click on a jump gate or beacon in a Zone map you should have an available button at the bottom right of the map screen called 'Jump'.
Thank You.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 19:42

Another Observation...
I Found a Source for Space Fly Eggs... An XENON Asteroid that has been Weaponized.
It appears Yellow on the Radar Ping, Has 3 Turrets or so, and after you shoot it, The Space Fly Egg is a Drop from it. (Can't say if that is always the case, but one or two for me has been...)
Then you can Shoot the Little Pieces, and get a few units of Scrap Metal...

But, The Yellow Ping STAYS, from the Radar Ping, even after the Asteroid has been Destroyed, and by the way, You Can NOT Fly Through The Empty Space the Asteroid once Took Up... You Bounce off of it like a Baseball off of a Bat...

Weird...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 20:35

The Xenon weaponised asteroids will eventually rebuild/repair in place even after complete destruction - rather like some other hostile-to-player faction stations. That is why they persist.

BTW, I assume you talking about the regular spacefly eggs that will drop from them rather than the authentic ones needed for the special missions. I recovered some jumpdrive coolant from those weapon platforms though, and that can be handy.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 5. Jun 19, 05:40

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 4. Jun 19, 20:35
The Xenon weaponised asteroids will eventually rebuild/repair in place even after complete destruction - rather like some other hostile-to-player faction stations. That is why they persist.

BTW, I assume you talking about the regular spacefly eggs that will drop from them rather than the authentic ones needed for the special missions. I recovered some jumpdrive coolant from those weapon platforms though, and that can be handy.
Interesting information. That those platforms drop something after destruction is new for me. I always saw them only as targeting practice.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 22:12

Alan Phipps wrote:

I speak of the "Weaponized Asteroids", not the Weapons Platforms, those are two different things, and I do mean the "Authentic Eggs" that are needed for that one Mission. (I have 3 of those right now) The two or three of those asteroids I found had 3 Turrets on each. (I know the Weapons Platforms do Rebuild, Not sure about the Asteroids though. Have not been back there recently) The Asteroids showed up as a Loud Yellow Ping...

Over the last few days, I saw another issue that caught my attention.
Some of the Lock Boxes Ping Back with a White Ring instead of the Normal Blue, Green, and Yellow.. It makes Identifying those rather difficult...
I would guess the Percentage of that runs about 1 tp 3 out of 100 or so. But, I found one of those today that held 3 of the Rare Engine Parts in it, so, as I would see it, they are worth digging out... If I see a White Ping, off by itself, I go and check it out... Might be a Box or Ship.

I also went today into a remote Red area, and Marked that space with a Way Point, That Fly To thing on the Map, and went out 200 km from there to look for goodies, and found one Box with a Kha-ak?? Item in it, that was 137 km from my map marker... People who don't go out and Explore will never find those.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 22:38

RainerPrem wrote:
Wed, 5. Jun 19, 05:40
Alan Phipps wrote:

Interesting information. That those platforms drop something after destruction is new for me. I always saw them only as targeting practice.
You are right, The Weapons Platforms do not Drop Rare Items, and they are all over. So far, I have only run into 3 of the Weaponized Asteroids in different Locations.
The Weps Platforms do have Drops, but it is The Common Items...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 12:25

The Percentage of White Pings for Lock Boxes may be Higher than I first Thought...

The last few days, I took several missions to Look For Treasure, and the first one, I had the First THREE Boxes had a White Ping... The Fourth one on That Mission had Two Pings Blue, then the Rest were White.
The Next Three Missions, The First, and Only Box, Rang Back White on each Mission. I found others in those areas that Rang Blue , Green, or Yellow, but they were not Part of the Mission Loot.
Yesterday, I Gave Up in an Asteroid Field where everything , Hundreds of Pings, were Only White... I have no Clue if That Treasure was a Ship, or a Box...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”