Need some assistance with station building

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Brinnie
x3tc

Need some assistance with station building

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 14:52

I have just completed my first station with all extensions.
I can't seem to find an option to tell my construction vessel to build a new station. I am actually trying to find out what it can build to see if I can order something to go with my only station, a hardware supplier, but the architect from the ship, who is the same one that is assigned to the station he has last built doesn't offer me the option.

Am I to assume that I need to buy a construction vessel for every station I want to build or, more likely, that I am overlooking something obvious?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Need some assistance with station building

Post by euclid » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 15:43

Brinnie wrote: ...
Am I to assume that I need to buy a construction vessel for every station I want to build or, more likely, that I am overlooking something obvious?
Yes, Brinnie, one architect and one CV per station.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 16:15

@Brinnie: Henceforth, if your station takes any damage, it is through the CV's architect that you get it fixed - so the CV remains as a sort of on-site engineering/maintenance adjunct.

[Edit: typocide]
Last edited by RAVEN.myst on Mon, 11. Dec 17, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 16:18

Thanks.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 02:37

Sorry for the thread hijack, newbie in rebirth now. some questions:
does CV from build only specific type of stations from where it is built only? i saw only 3 station types coming from darned hot air. was thinking of pumping up their economy with other stuff potentially.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 02:52

ajime wrote:Sorry for the thread hijack, newbie in rebirth now. some questions:
does CV from build only specific type of stations from where it is built only? i saw only 3 station types coming from darned hot air. was thinking of pumping up their economy with other stuff potentially.
Yes: each shipyard sells CVs that are specific to that faction. There are four CV types: Albion, DeVries, OmicronLyrae, and Home of Light (this last one is identical to Albion, except it is additionally also able to build a Warehouse.) If I recall correctly, somewhere an abbreviation (AL, DV, OL, HL) indicates what sort of CV you are dealing with.

The CVs sold by the Canteran shipyards (Darned Hot Air, Extinct Torch) are able to build just three Canteran stations: Solar Energy Farm, Wheat Plantation (or some-such), and Water Distillery. Yup, this is really limited, BUT... (Warning: potentially game-ruiningly profitable scheme)
Spoiler
Show
If you want to make good money fast in DeVries, go around looking for station construction missions on the bulletin boards. These will always only require construction of a locally available station, meaning that they will come in only three flavours, the ones mentioned above. This means you can easily collect a number of duplicates - say, for example, you have 5 or 10 missions to build a Solar Energy Farm. Then, when you build it, ALL those missions will complete, and you will get a big payday.[/quote]

If you want to build up the DeVries economy (I always do, in a campaign game), you do so by bringing in CVs from outside. In the case of a campaign game, chances are you will be getting Albion CVs from the Heart of Albion shipyard in Gemstone Manufacture. Canteran and Albion economies are compatible, as they use the same sort of food (Food Rations - you quite likely only know these at this point, so don't sweat this detail for the time being.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 04:31

thanks for the info and profitable tips. was kind of puzzled what to do about it since i spent some effort getting those fusion reactors for the DV shipyard to churn it out. selling it would have been a waste of 8 hours on getting that lol. time to drag some cv off from gemstone and i pray they have enough fusion for it.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 05:15

:thumb_up:
Good luck with them reactors...
Spoiler
Show
When I build up the DeVries economy, needless to say I start by setting up RMP and nividium cubes production, given PMC's monopoly and the consequent difficulties getting the stuff - I then prioritise fusion reactors, so I build a STF very soon after; BOW starts becoming a problem soon after that, and very abruptly for that matter, so that's next. At that point, I can buy any basic resources I need, I produce all my own construction materials, and can then work backwards and forwards, allowing me to build whatever facilities I want/need in whatever order I require/desire.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”