NEWS: X Rebirth update 4.21 coming soon

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 08:42

The changelog in the first post mentions a couple of targetting issues which are fixed in the beta update or whose behaviour has been improved. You could download the beta (by following the link at the top of the opening post) and check yourself, whether the respective problem you're experiencing has been fixed. If not, please create a bug report in the patch public beta forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 15:20

@ Lazerath: Also see this leading to a dev reply. Please don't post the same issue in 3 different places or you probably won't get to see any coherent answers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 07:22

Sorry Alan... Been very sick and lacking sleep. I don't even remember posting this... My bad... Thanks for the heads up!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 18:53

Oh, just had a little reminder that I'd hope to see. Can we please NOT destroy the drones in the ship just 'couse that damn Drone launcher goes boom? I don't mind drones going puff but I don't like it to go this way + it's painstaking to refill all damn ships (both under my command and stations/patrols) with drones after a battle WHERE I was in the system. This just gets abit worse when ships don't have automatic replenish drones command or alike.
Is it possible to get that into the game?

rulerofallcheese

Post by rulerofallcheese » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 01:22

dholmstr wrote:Oh, just had a little reminder that I'd hope to see. Can we please NOT destroy the drones in the ship just 'couse that damn Drone launcher goes boom? I don't mind drones going puff but I don't like it to go this way + it's painstaking to refill all damn ships (both under my command and stations/patrols) with drones after a battle WHERE I was in the system. This just gets abit worse when ships don't have automatic replenish drones command or alike.
This is a very bad idea for one reason. Drones contribute to boarding resistance. If enemy drones don't go "boom" as you say, some ships would be immune to boarding.

If Egosoft prevents the drones from being destroyed, then they need to also prevent them from contributing to boarding resistance.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 08:37

rulerofallcheese wrote:
dholmstr wrote:Oh, just had a little reminder that I'd hope to see. Can we please NOT destroy the drones in the ship just 'couse that damn Drone launcher goes boom? I don't mind drones going puff but I don't like it to go this way + it's painstaking to refill all damn ships (both under my command and stations/patrols) with drones after a battle WHERE I was in the system. This just gets abit worse when ships don't have automatic replenish drones command or alike.
This is a very bad idea for one reason. Drones contribute to boarding resistance. If enemy drones don't go "boom" as you say, some ships would be immune to boarding.

If Egosoft prevents the drones from being destroyed, then they need to also prevent them from contributing to boarding resistance.
Hi,

this seems to be a misunderstanding. Drones don't "go boom" in a ship which I am about to board. Even with the drone ramp gone they still exist, sometimes even survive the boarding. I think dholmstr refers to own ships being damaged.

cu
Rainer

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 13:44

RainerPrem wrote:
rulerofallcheese wrote:

Hi,

this seems to be a misunderstanding. Drones don't "go boom" in a ship which I am about to board. Even with the drone ramp gone they still exist, sometimes even survive the boarding. I think dholmstr refers to own ships being damaged.

cu
Rainer
Yes I was refering to own ships. But it shouldn't be an issue for the boarding strenght, I mean just put drone strenght to zero when the launcher goes boom. Then again why the bloody hell do drones even add in the first place.

Einheit 101
x3tc

Post by Einheit 101 » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 01:44

Hello...

Anyone reported that nasty bug that you DO NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK, when a ship is destroyed and you ordered a repair? Beyond nasty is this....

Why not withdraw the money AFTER repair??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 13:43

@ Einheit 101: Well did you contact the shipyard early enough to cancel the repair slot after the loss of the ship? If not, then they cannot use that slot for another customer and so the yard would lose income unless they keep your repair deposit. :wink: (Just kidding!)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sirdezir

Post by sirdezir » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 20:10

HI enyone can tell me please how to get v 4.21 ? pls include a link.
hello everyone

KZavi
x4

Post by KZavi » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 20:11

sirdezir wrote:HI enyone can tell me please how to get v 4.21 ? pls include a link.
What do you mean? The game is already on 4.30.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 20:19

As KZavi pointed out, version 4.30 is the latest. You also asked this question in the wiki thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads. Since this is an old thread it will now be locked. If you want information on the latest versions, see this thread:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”