General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 15. Jul 17, 12:51

Nikola515 wrote:
Len5 wrote:Keep Alexei Zakharov.
I use his X3 soundtrack for my gym music :D
Soundtracks for AP & XR are permanent fixtures in my car's CD player (well it is an X-Trail :)). It's exceptionally good driving music for long journeys.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 17:19

In X Rebirth, I hope and pray that the mechanic whereby you unlock deals by flying close to station modules is gone. That is, for me, the epitome of what is wrong with Rebirth.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 17:40

Things I would like to be kept from X Rebirth.
Ren's voice.

For some reason, I got an irrational dislike of being forced to be Ren. I don't claim it's logical, but this is at the top of the reasons I play X3AP rather than XR?!?

I know I can turn the sound off, but I want the in game effects sounds. (I always turn the music off, first thing in any game I play.)

So can we either have the option of playing unvoiced, or have a choice of voices?

Apologies to whoever voiced Ren.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 17:42

It seems people are still mis-reading the title of the thread, even when they quote it verbatim. This thread is about things people would like to keep from XR. Please use one of the other threads if you want to discuss things you don't want to keep.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 17:47

CBJ wrote:It seems people are still mis-reading the title of the thread, even when they quote it verbatim. This thread is about things people would like to keep from XR. Please use one of the other threads if you want to discuss things you don't want to keep.
The wording does bring confusion when read too quickly, though. Especially with users for whom english isn't the main language. You might want to rephrase the thread's title, otherwise I'm pretty sure more people will fall to the same confusion.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:24

Thread title changed to be unambiguous.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:42

Unambiguous .... :) ...Confusing ... :) ..... I put it down to being Welsh....we are an ambiguous race ... :roll:

<NB: I am Welsh too! Alan Phipps>

I hope the now excellent control for JOYSTICK / HOTAS systems is retained.
Last edited by birdtable on Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:43

Thank you, Alan.

Here's another: I like how easy it is to cycle through your trade ships in the trade deal window. It helps a lot with station supplying or finding very profitable trades. (I don't have a lot of memories from X3, so I don't know if this is a feature proper to XR, but I hope it's in X4 as well.) Some improvements could be made on that feature, though.
-The possibility to create and manage a list of ships you want to see on the trade window. (Out with the CVs!!! :evil: But there are plenty of instances where I want to keep some trade ships on the side for various purposes.) We already have the option to do so if we decide to limit the trade window's list to ships in the player squad. The problem, though, is that I'd rather keep combat ships than trade ships in my squad, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Additionally, the more ships you have, the more cluttered the list becomes. When you have to cycle through 15 ships to get the one you want for the trade, it becomes a bit tedious. Being able to have a dedicated trader list would be a great addition, I think.
-Expand that function to the "ware transfer" list. Example, if I have a ship filled with cargolifter URVs to equip to various stations or ships, it would be great to be able to easily order manual transfers to 4-5 different targets without falling back to the property list all the time. (I do get the interface will be improved, though, so this point might be covered already)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:55

Ezarkal wrote:Thank you, Alan.

Here's another: I like how easy it is to cycle through your trade ships in the trade deal window. It helps a lot with station supplying or finding very profitable trades. (I don't have a lot of memories from X3, so I don't know if this is a feature proper to XR, but I hope it's in X4 as well.) Some improvements could be made on that feature, though.
-The possibility to create and manage a list of ships you want to see on the trade window. (Out with the CVs!!! :evil: But there are plenty of instances where I want to keep some trade ships on the side for various purposes.) We already have the option to do so if we decide to limit the trade window's list to ships in the player squad. The problem, though, is that I'd rather keep combat ships than trade ships in my squad, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Additionally, the more ships you have, the more cluttered the list becomes. When you have to cycle through 15 ships to get the one you want for the trade, it becomes a bit tedious. Being able to have a dedicated trader list would be a great addition, I think.
-Expand that function to the "ware transfer" list. Example, if I have a ship filled with cargolifter URVs to equip to various stations or ships, it would be great to be able to easily order manual transfers to 4-5 different targets without falling back to the property list all the time. (I do get the interface will be improved, though, so this point might be covered already)
+1

I too like the trade menu, but with several tweaks it can be so much better.

First simple cycle list left/right is Ok if you have a few freighters, but nightmare if you have more than 10.
I think cycle list need to be changed to scrolldown list that display more than one freighter at time, plus some simple sort options like sort by name, sort by type and sort by size.

Also buy/sell menus shouldn't be separete menus, they should be displayed next to eachother and possibly chained together, so that if I scroll to Fusion reactors in buy menu it will automatically scroll to Fusion reactors in sell menu.

Other than two above the X-Rebirth trade menu is is quite good.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 22:11

CBJ wrote:It seems people are still mis-reading the title of the thread, even when they quote it verbatim. This thread is about things people would like to keep from XR. Please use one of the other threads if you want to discuss things you don't want to keep.
"Things I would like to be kept from X Rebirth."

To defend my understanding of English:
The definition of "to be kept from"

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/kept%20from

gives stuff like: forgo, pass up, withhold, decline, renounce ...

Understanding of English won't help read "to be kept from" the way you want. Still, maybe I should have read the more carefully and would have realised the title was misworded - now slightly improved.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 22:56

To defend the OP's use of English, his title was not mis-worded, though it was fairly easy to mis-read. Some people read it as "to be kept from.... X Rebirth", but it actually said "to be kept... from X Rebirth". In order to have been truly ambiguous, the sentence would have had to have been "to be kept from X4", because you might want to withhold features from X4, but you can't from X Rebirth because they're already there. :)

Anyway, back on topic please, especially as the confusion has now been cleared up by the change of title.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 06:12

I would like ambiguous grammatical phrases to be kept from X Rebirth.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 02:14

Good luck! :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 10:17

I am hoping that destructible ship parts are kept from XR. I am not sure there are any other than the Arawn's pontoons and the cargo sections of the Canteran freighter, but it certainly makes both ships more interesting to interact with! Conducting piracy by blowing up the cargo section is awesome.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 18:31

Sandalpocalypse wrote:I am hoping that destructible ship parts are kept from XR. I am not sure there are any other than the Arawn's pontoons and the cargo sections of the Canteran freighter, but it certainly makes both ships more interesting to interact with! Conducting piracy by blowing up the cargo section is awesome.
Yup - to me this is one of the best features added y X-Rebith.
However choosing "next component" "previous component" on the big ships can be rather irritating as big ships have hundrends of components.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”