Is there anything I can do to secure Fields of Opportunity for trading?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 03:12

Imho there's 2 things to do in the Teladi zone

Complete the UA mission for the achievement unlock.
Dock at the overwatch and install the Heavy Laser & Mk III laser.

Once those are both done, you can largely forget about the zone because for the most part it's crap.

OOZ patrols are really the only option you have if you want to continue with automated trading, and that risks losing standings with the Teladi.
To maintain good relations you will need to make frequent visits to the overwatch and complete any combat/patrol missions they have.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 19:34

Nikola515 wrote:...You could always board pirate Titurels or Phoenix Marauders and use them as trading ships....
Titurels are classified as armed traders, not destroyers. So yes, the pirates will attack them in FoO. The Phoenix is the only cargo-carrying ship that is safe.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 02:49

RodentofDoom wrote:Imho there's 2 things to do in the Teladi zone

Complete the UA mission for the achievement unlock.
Dock at the overwatch and install the Heavy Laser & Mk III laser.
Are you kidding ? There is a reason it's called Fields of Opportunity. I made a fortune trading
Spoiler
Show
Podkletnov Generators
from the Teladi.

My trading ships kept getting attacked, so eventually I waited with one of them and boarded the attacking Phoenix. Now I use it for trading. Much slower, but much safer. Lost 20 rep with the Cartel, but they keep attacking friendly trading ships instead of my Phoenix. :D

I used all these credits to start building a Ship Tech Fab. I guess eventually I won't need the Teladi anymore (but I haven't started any mission there or explored, so I still have more to look forward).

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”