To try the new update 4.10, do I have to disable my mods?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 17:04

Thanks you
Motherboard : Asus sabertooth x79
4x4 gigas ddr3 G-Skill (16 gigas quad channel)
Processor : Intel I7 4930k 3,4 ghz (6 core)
Graphic card : Msi Nvidia Gtx 980TI
Monitor : Asus VG248QE (1080p)
Windows 10 pro X64

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 18:26

Whilst it is in Public Beta you would not be 'trying it', you would be 'testing it' - and for that you have to play vanilla for the testing to have any relevance or value.

Moved to Rebirth Universe forum from Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 19:59

I installed patch 4.10 and it seems to work normally with the mods recommended for 4.0. I would also test with other mods not certified 4.0.

Thank you.
Windows 10 pro X64

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 21:50

Of course you can play with mods.

The problem is there might be some incompatibilities due some changes implemented by the patch. It's a risk that comes with every update, until the modders have time to upgrade their mods into being fully compatible with the new patch (if any changes are needed).

The problem is, it defeats the purpose of beta-testing. Most of the bugs you report would be discarded since you can't know if they're induced by the patch, or by a patch-mod incompatibility.

So all in all, if you're playing a heavily modded game, it might just be worth it to avoid beta-test. You'll give modders more time to adjust to their mods to the new features.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 22:22

I will reuse the game with fewer mods as it worked well before.

There are a lot of mods that I would use but when I use them all my framerate falls. I will just use those recommended 4.0.

Thank you.
Windows 10 pro X64

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 04:06

I find it odd then when new games get released, if there are any problems there's usually a huge outcry of people on the forums questioning if the game was even tested at all, and that they would have happily waited several more months for it to be problem free.

Then when the community are given the opportunity to test the game properly on a huge number of varying systems via a beta release, the community aren't interested in proper testing any more and just want to play the new version as quickly as possible.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 05:30

I finally installed most of the mods and put the graphics down, I get 60 fps, I'll still try to remove 3-4 mods to win fps.

The mods seem to work, the game is just too slow with almost all the mods installed.

If I reach the 70 fps it will be playable even with the drop in fps.

thank you.
Windows 10 pro X64

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 08:18

fps drops could actually be an indication of conflicting logic, sometimes between two or more mods, sometimes between a mod and the base game. that is, they work, but the way in which they work conflict with each other or lead to something undesirable.

simplistic example:

with mod A, if a peg is placed in a hole in a box, remove the peg.
with mod B, if there is no peg in a hole in a box, insert a peg.

which would loop back and forth and, in the worst case, attempt to do that in one frame thereby slowing the game down (adding to what the game has to do in one frame) or, again in the worst case, freezing or crashing the game. (crashing, in this case, would actually be preferable)

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 11:07

I mostly have drops of fps when I am close to a station.
Windows 10 pro X64

SpaceProbe

Post by SpaceProbe » Mon, 26. Dec 16, 00:41

I just installed it, didn't mess up any of my mods

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Wed, 4. Jan 17, 10:50

SpaceProbe wrote:I just installed it, didn't mess up any of my mods
Keep in mind that IF something goes wrong, you do not go to the beta forum to seek help or reporting errors. That would ruin all beta testing!

You can use mods with the beta version if you are hungry to do so, but it is completely your own fault if something goes wrong. You cannot report errors or seek help anywhere, without explicitly mentioning you are using mods AND the beta version. Anyway - chances are that if something goes wrong, you have to re-install the whole game, simply because nobody is able to help you to get it running again.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 4. Jan 17, 12:13

JClosed wrote:Anyway - chances are that if something goes wrong, you have to re-install the whole game, simply because nobody is able to help you to get it running again.
a re-install is not required, just disabling all mods in the Extensions-Menu and then re-testing in a fresh game.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”