Weapon quirks, bugs or features?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zetoss
x4

Weapon quirks, bugs or features?

Post by Zetoss » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 19:11

Been wondering about these for a while. First, is the Heavy Laser supposed to build up extreme heat every single time you activate it? Sustained fire makes the heat crawl slowly enough that you can use it like any other weapon but tap it exactly five times for a split second each and it is over heated and unusable. I can't figure out how that could possibly be a bug and if it is just how it could possibly not have been fixed long ago, so I have just assumed it's a terrible feature but it's murder on my wrist when mining so I just have to ask to confirm.

Second, is the Particle Repeater only supposed to have mods for super increasing fire rate and never a bad one lowering it? All weapons look like they have nicely distributed nerfs across mods to keep things interesting but in all the time I've played since weapon mods were introduced I've not seen a single instance of this particular kind. I could have just randomly not seen one obviously but after seeing weapon mods for various repeaters by the hundreds and never a single one like that I just started to wonder. :P

Also sorry for filling up the forum all by myself, looks like not many players are still messing around with XR these days.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Weapon quirks, bugs or features?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 19:26

Zetoss wrote: First, is the Heavy Laser supposed to build up extreme heat every single time you activate it?
I think it's WA (currently) D that it builds up 25% heat with every click; however this may change in the next patch
Second, is the Particle Repeater only supposed to have mods for super increasing fire rate and never a bad one lowering it?
See https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... d=41419562 for wepmod details
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 20:24

Guess my fears seem to be just about confirmed then, I can get the idea behind almost all odd design quirks I've seen in the game to date except that laser heat, I mean why in the world would a laser weapon work like that...

Oh my! Hadn't seen that part of the wiki, last I checked the wiki was rather empty in general so I stopped even looking there. :P Anyway thanks for the link, I probably just happened to get the same result 200 times in a row but with stats like that it's not statistically impossible so probably no issue behind it then.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”