Joysticks with x rebirth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

daniel001
x4

Post by daniel001 » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 13:19

Yes please, this would be very much appreciated.

I love my x52, but it is a PITA to properly set up if you want to play with its advanced features.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 14:09

daniel001 wrote:Yes please, this would be very much appreciated.

I love my x52, but it is a PITA to properly set up if you want to play with its advanced features.
Ok here is what i am using just now.
The x rebirth file is the saitek software profile. (not too much in that, just mainly the macros.
And the other 2 files are the x rebirth "input" profile saves from within the game. Just make sure as i do to remove all other xbox or joystick binds, but leave all the keyboard binds. Hope it works for you.
I will try do a control sheet with all my controls to see a little later.

http://1drv.ms/1mUPjOx

Edit, so here is the picture of all my controls up to now.
http://imgur.com/uCQC7En

EDIT: I just realised those binds would not work for others, as i had the edtracker in the mix, which makes my x52 a second device, so prefixes "2" on all the binds.
I have now removed this and re copied the binds, so should be ok now.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

daniel001
x4

Post by daniel001 » Thu, 25. Feb 16, 23:20

Thanks!

johnthel
x3tc

Post by johnthel » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 05:22

Hi Miniding,Nosscar,birdtable,

I posted (this below) in the "X Rebirth - Technical Support Forum and was directed to this forum.

Questions
1. Could someone please tell me how to >Import Profile ((( I have x rebirth.pr0 from Nosscar for my
Saitek x52 ))). Sorry, I am 80 years old and need a step by step please if anybody has the time.

birdtable, I tried what you said;

"Save joystick as profile 1 in game menu and you will find it as inputmap_1" - I did as you said and got:
....Documents/Egosoft/ XRebirth Demo/12345678 > inputmap_1.XML
So now just where do I put xrebirth.pr0 so it will load in game?
===============================================================

Home of Light Demo 4.0 & Joystick Key Binding

Hi,
I would like to use my Joystick but cannot Bind any buttons & Save.

I do this: Start Menu>Settings>Controls>Contoller/Joysticks>
T.Flight HOTAS X>Empty Slot> - I select with LMouse - then I press
a Key - say Button 1 (Fire) or whatever and I get this to show:

Controller/Joystick
TFlight HOTAS X
Clear

I now press ESC and all the slots show "Empty slot"
I thought that maybe the "Demo" does not support Key Bindings
or I am not pressing a "Save Button"; or something else.

Help
1. Could the Members solve this problem for me please.
2. Give me a TFlight HOTAS X or a Saitek X52 Profile that
I could "> Import Profile" - direct into XRebirth
3. If by chance the Demo does not support Key Bindings
I still need "How to do it" for the Full Version as I
think that is the way for me to go.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 07:08

Hi johnthel ....
Not sure if demo allows key bindings or not... never tried demo.
If possible then I will put a step by step process up later, around 6.00 am here, so will have to wait for the morning functions to be completed.... :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 10:30

If the demo accepts key bindings then place the inputmap_1.XML in the folder as you have done.
Go to

Start menu/Settings/Controls/Controller joysticks then scroll down to Load Profile then scroll to Custom 1 click and get yes/no pick yes.
Esc and start game ... you should have joystick control to Nosscars selection.

Make sure that gamepad mode in setting is set to controller/joystick.... If joy works ok..ish you can later adjust keybindings to suit you but save as profile 2 so you always have profile 1 to start from again.
Entering key bindings can be a bit hit and miss until you get use to the method of entry ... practise... :) and patience .. :(

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 10:42

birdtable wrote:If the demo accepts key bindings then place the inputmap_1.XML in the folder as you have done.
Go to

Start menu/Settings/Controls/Controller joysticks then scroll down to Load Profile then scroll to Custom 1 click and get yes/no pick yes.
Esc and start game ... you should have joystick control to Nosscars selection.
yes it should show as saitek x52 profile in the load profile list, i would recommend clearing all profiles first, then just load the x52 profile, as the xbox and other profiles can interfere with it., you just want to see the default keyboard commands at first, then load the profile
[ external image ]

johnthel
x3tc

Post by johnthel » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 02:08

Thanks for your help Guys,
Nosscar & birdtable, I did this:
Copied & Pasted Nosscars (inputmap.XML 31.1KB Dated modified 25/02/2016 3.14PM) and his
inputmap_1 into my Folder
....Documents/Egosoft/ XRebirth Demo/12345678 >
then in game Selected >Load Profile> Saitek X52 - Select and "Yes"

Start Game, got no joystick. Exit Game & did it again, still no joystick.
Do think this means the Demo will not accept any Profiles?

Guys, lastly, when you are doing a Keybinding in the Full Version just what comes up on your screen?
I need to know this as it seems I may have to just buy the Full Version.

Nosscar; 10 out of 10 for your really excellent Layout & Presentation of the Saitek X52.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 08:17

With out knowing if the demo accepts key bindings/joystick or not then we are in limbo, You either have to take the plunge and buy ( GOG lowest price, at that price it is worth it just to travel the galaxy) or wait for some passing wise moderator to provide the info.

johnthel
x3tc

Post by johnthel » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 04:03

Hi All,
Success. I bought the Full Version (4) plus Home of Light and copied Nosccars
files as detailed in this Forum. Sweet Joy.
Thank you for your detailed Help. :)

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 09:41

johnthel wrote:Hi All,
Success. I bought the Full Version (4) plus Home of Light and copied Nosccars
files as detailed in this Forum. Sweet Joy.
Thank you for your detailed Help. :)
sweet, glad it worked for you, and now we know you can't bind your own profile in the demo.
[ external image ]

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 19:15

@Nosscar where do i put the pr0 file ? put the others in where they should be .Stick sort of works but not as it should
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 01:11

Wavey wrote:@Nosscar where do i put the pr0 file ? put the others in where they should be .Stick sort of works but not as it should
that would be in your saitek software folder, where the profiles are kept, then load it into the stick.
[ external image ]

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 09:29

It wont recognise it ,does it need to be renamed .dat ?
Oh dear decided to reinstall drivers as they were out of date .
Uninstalled and deleted folder .New drivers start to install and asks to connect stick ,done. Then it never finishes installation

wow what a pain ,new drivers locked up pc ,found older ones on their ftp site which work and found where the SST puts my profiles ,under C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles
Last edited by Wavey on Sun, 20. Mar 16, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 11:15

I wish the Target Object setting actually was able to target any object under the HUD reticule. I find myself using the gamepad option for joysticks where it auto selects but if you turn the gamepad option off there doesn't seem to be a way to select or target objects like station surface element for docking without using a mouse. If you use manual targeting it also seems to break the auto target HUD behaviour which makes life fun for docking.

Why can't I just fly close to a docking port with it in my sights and hit the hotkey/setting to dock I don't understand why it has to be anymore complicated than that?

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 12:34

Wavey wrote:It wont recognise it ,does it need to be renamed .dat ?
Uninstalled and deleted folder .New drivers start to install and asks to connect stick ,done. Then it never finishes installation

wow what a pain ,new drivers locked up pc ,found older ones on their ftp site which work and found where the SST puts my profiles ,under C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles
which windows are you using, i use windows 10, with the latest beta drivers, i don't have any problems at all.

Yes that folder sounds right, mine's the same path as yours. Once in there it should show up on the list of profiles in the system tray.
There is not much in that profile though, just the macro's, all the other controls are just set in the game. So you need to blank out all the other binds, (except keyboard ones) and then load the saitek input game file in game.
Also check your input for the saitek is the correct one. ie: when i had my edheadtracker in, my joystick showed as y input2 for example, not y imput.
[ external image ]

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 13:14

BigBANGtheory wrote:I wish the Target Object setting actually was able to target any object under the HUD reticule. I find myself using the gamepad option for joysticks where it auto selects but if you turn the gamepad option off there doesn't seem to be a way to select or target objects like station surface element for docking without using a mouse. If you use manual targeting it also seems to break the auto target HUD behaviour which makes life fun for docking.

Why can't I just fly close to a docking port with it in my sights and hit the hotkey/setting to dock I don't understand why it has to be anymore complicated than that?
Recommend finding a mechanic & installing Targeting System Extension mk2 if you want to be able to easily target subsystems such as docking ports, rather than having to rely on auto-targeting for this.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 13:38

Nosscar wrote:
Wavey wrote:It wont recognise it ,does it need to be renamed .dat ?

which windows are you using, i use windows 10, with the latest beta drivers, i don't have any problems at all.

Yes that folder sounds right, mine's the same path as yours. Once in there it should show up on the list of profiles in the system tray.
There is not much in that profile though, just the macro's, all the other controls are just set in the game. So you need to blank out all the other binds, (except keyboard ones) and then load the saitek input game file in game.
Also check your input for the saitek is the correct one. ie: when i had my edheadtracker in, my joystick showed as y input2 for example, not y imput.

Got it all working now 6.2.2.0 drivers and latest SST .Thanks for your configs and help :)
(\__/)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 10:22

GCU Grey Area wrote:
BigBANGtheory wrote:I wish the Target Object setting actually was able to target any object under the HUD reticule. I find myself using the gamepad option for joysticks where it auto selects but if you turn the gamepad option off there doesn't seem to be a way to select or target objects like station surface element for docking without using a mouse. If you use manual targeting it also seems to break the auto target HUD behaviour which makes life fun for docking.

Recommend finding a mechanic & installing Targeting System Extension mk2 if you want to be able to easily target subsystems such as docking ports, rather than having to rely on auto-targeting for this.
I tried that and it sort of worked then it didn't and then HUD menus started opening in strange places all over the screen. I think I found a bug related to cockpits/HUD/targeting.

What isn't helping is not knowing the expected result of all the controller settings, Targeting Extension Upgrades along with the behaviour of manual targeting combined with gamepad mode.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 11:15

I got around the targeting issue by setting up my right hand flightstick to emulate mouse x/y inputs and mapping the trigger and thumb buttons to the mouse button inputs and space bar.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”