Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Egosoft Forum Steam Integration

Post by BurnIt! » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 15:15

Egosoft Forum Steam Integration

We have added a new feature to your forum profile: the option to link your Steam account to your Egosoft account.
This will finally allow all owners of our games to register them here, granting access to any exclusive (current or future) content that requires a valid game registration. Additionally you get to show off a few more of these "tickydisks" as they have become known as. Image

We've compiled a small FAQ about this feature:
  1. What are the benefits?
    You don't have to worry about CD keys because we can query Steam which of our games you own, which in turn allows us to provide additional bonus content that is exclusive to everyone with a specific game registration.
    No more arguments about who does or doesn't own the game they are talking about.
    Show off your collection of Egosoft games on Steam via your public forum profile. Now including X Rebirth, X Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension.
  2. How does it work?
    Go to User Control Panel > Egosoft Settings > Game Registration and you should see the green "Sign in through Steam" button. Once you click that button you will be taken to the Steam login page. After logging in, you will be taken back to your profile page, with all the Egosoft games that you didn't register previously added to your profile.
  3. Will this feature work even if my Steam profile is set to private?
    Yes, the very specific information we query about our games on your account does not require you to set your profile to public and can only be accessed by us.
  4. I bought a new Egosoft game on Steam, why doesn't it show up in my profile?
    We don't query the Steam database without an action from you, so if you want your list of owned Egosoft games to be updated, please go to User Control Panel > Egosoft Settings > Game Registration and click the blue "Update via Steam" button.
  5. Will people be able to see my Steam user or account name?
    No, all anyone will be able to see is the games you have registered with your account.
  6. Will Egosoft have access to my Steam login information?
    No, we cannot access your Steam account name or any other personal information.
  7. Does that mean I can log into the Egosoft forum using my Steam login information?
    No, you still need your Egosoft forum username and password to log in here. The integration is purely for making registering owned Egosoft Steam games easy.
  8. Will Egosoft have access to my payment information saved with Steam?
    No, we cannot access your Steam payment information.
  9. Will Egosoft be able to know all the games I have on my account?
    No, we can only query which games you own that are actually published by us through Steam.
  10. I don't want my Steam account to be linked to my forum profile anymore, how can I disable this?
    Go to the User Control Panel section Egosoft Settings > Game Registration and use the red "Remove link to Steam" button to remove all information that connects your Steam account with your Egosoft account.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 19:29

Very nice! The future is now!

How do I know which of these tickies are for XR and wfor the other titles? They all have different colors but which one is which?
Last edited by Tamina on Thu, 12. Mar 15, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 19:40

Now all we need to be able to do, is select which of our shiny collection of badges we would like displayed beneath our name. :wink:

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 19:48

Terre wrote:Now all we need to be able to do, is select which of our shiny collection of badges we would like displayed beneath our name. :wink:
Let us display all of them :)

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 19:50

fallenwizard wrote:
Terre wrote:Now all we need to be able to do, is select which of our shiny collection of badges we would like displayed beneath our name. :wink:
Let us display all of them :)
For some, things may get a little crowded.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 20:05

Nice!

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 20:08

Now this, is a great thing.
But it would be good if the "ACTIVATED" marks for each game were shown under my profile pic here, on forums.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 20:18

Tamina wrote:How do I know which of these tickies are for XR and wfor the other titles? They all have different colors but which one is which?
It's displayed in your profile, once you have the games registered.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 20:38

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tamina wrote:How do I know which of these tickies are for XR and wfor the other titles? They all have different colors but which one is which?
It's displayed in your profile, once you have the games registered.
They may only be identified for mods/admins but I think it's possible for a mouse-over to have the game name displayed hopefully some day.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 23:47

Very nice, would also support ability to have the icons in the forum name.

Not sure of the difference between steam-registered & reg-code games :
[ external image ]

Definitely got 'x3 terran conflict' in my steam common folder,
maybe I just haven't played it via steam, or something...

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 02:39

It does sound like a nice option.

I've not decided weather I want to use it yet.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 13:37

If you have already used a key to register a game, then this key has priority over the Steam data. (otherwise you'd have two entries for the same copy of the game, one for your key and one for Steam)
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

eRe4s3r
xr

Post by eRe4s3r » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 19:51

Aside from giving us a nice feeling, does this actually do anything beyond that?

<--------- it still only shows 1 checkmark, right?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 20:01

All tickydisks of the games you have registered are displayed on your profile page. The other benefits are explained in BurnIt!'s post above.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 22:22

BurnIt! wrote:If you have already used a key to register a game, then this key has priority over the Steam data. (otherwise you'd have two entries for the same copy of the game, one for your key and one for Steam)
OK, thanks for the clarification,
mind you by that definition every X game I have, except AP & XR, should be reg-key rather than steam.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 21:49

I hope you also guys secured the site and improved it since you are on it.

No more 500 Errors and no more apache 2.2 + mod_php ( the correct thing to use nowadays 2.4 with event + php-fpm through uds)

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 19:47

nice
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

handzon
x3tc

steam

Post by handzon » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 22:46

Excellent, i was not looking forward to getting my other x titles over to my new steam account.
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 19:58

Pretty neat. Thanks!

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 08:24

hmmm I followed the whole thing to update my game accounts to steam and double check click update via steam, did the whole email code and even hit submit in my profile.

How long does it take for steam to get the info and to show up? I would have figure right away?

Seems steam will not acknowledge my egosoft code for X3R from the profile?

reading a little more it seems your only going one way with it? so even though I have 3 purchased copies of X3R on disc, i have to purchase a forth in order to get any support of releases like stuff up on steam? I am really biting my tongue ATM. here I thought you might be trying to open the doors to previous fans and let them flood in and push the activity on steam like a popular game like it once was. I just cant see going and buying a 4th copy of the game .... really now!

But if I am wrong and you are doing it both ways then I am sorry for jumping the gun, but lately I have not had a smile since 2013.

Please prove me wrong and make me smile, I really need it lately.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”