[Crafting] XRebirth Secret

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 01:54

Seems there is a major problem with the shield mission drops, I just carefully opened the container at Lonely Giant but got some random credits and junk like any old container... or have the shield drops been removed from fixed locations and made to spawn randomly in containers? I'd very much love that actually, even if it means days of searching for a needle in a haystack. Will lose 50 minutes of gameplay now to get the container back just to be safe tho, unfortunate but could be worse. :P

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 05:24

Just went and checked with a quick Free Play start. Kha'ak Ship Component is still in that container. Are you sure it was the right container? :)

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 08:55

Is there any trick in obtaining JD coolant ? I've been opening a crapton of lockboxes and have killed a lot of stuff (both Xenon and other ships) and still don't have a single one in the inventory.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 10:05

You have a better chance of findingt coolant if you kill something triangular shaped wich has purple glowing bits...

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 12:36

Yeah I just got my first one from those "unidentified crafts" ;)

Yoo-hoo 19 more to go :p

Thanks for the tip.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 14:31

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote: I don't mean docking though. I just mean that the BBS only collects a sub-set of all the missions that we can find on icons outside stations. So if you can't see a mission in the BBS after looking around, you should hopefully be able to find if by looking around at icons outside a few stations.
I didnt mean i would actually dock to look around, i just didnt phrase it right.
I didnt know bbs doesnt collect every mission in a zone, so I used mission computer mod cause there is no chance i would do the fly around a 2nd time after i mapped everything including docking to have an agent on every station.
The weird thing is, during beta, the mission computer didnt pick up anything regarding that mission (A healthy enthusiasm), as soon as i switched to release i got it on the 1st zone i visited.
Anyway the mk3 is amazing although the heat build up is killing me.
Cheers!

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 03:26

linolafett wrote:You have a better chance of findingt coolant if you kill something triangular shaped wich has purple glowing bits...
I would say extremely low drop rate though.
I sat there with seta and killed spawn after spawn for a good hour and got 1.

Quawis
x4

Post by Quawis » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 21:47

I spent last 6 hours flying all around Albion looking for rare engine mission (I have it crafted already, sitting in my inventory). IIRC, there is a 40% chance that a treasure hunt mission will spawn in zone. Did they change anything or I am that unlucky.

Oh, and yeah - I am searching near station, I don't trust BBS with something that important.

Jaxartes
x4

Post by Jaxartes » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 00:46

Quawis wrote:I spent last 6 hours flying all around Albion looking for rare engine mission (I have it crafted already, sitting in my inventory). IIRC, there is a 40% chance that a treasure hunt mission will spawn in zone. Did they change anything or I am that unlucky.

Oh, and yeah - I am searching near station, I don't trust BBS with something that important.
Same deal, I have not found any of the unique crafting missions in my current game, and I am currently building the plot station.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 01:26

Just use the mission computer mod to find the mission and then follow the steps to remove it when you are done.
Its save friendly and will save you a lot of time searching for something that might not be in the zone you are. Thats how i got my spacefly egg collection craft mission the day HOL was released.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 01:40

Rare/'shady' missions /will not/ appear in the BBS until you've found the relevant icon on a station & flown close enough to 'scan' it; this is WAD for v4

HOWEVER I've noticed that the frequency of these missions appears to drop if you have all the required components; this may be an attempt to control spacefly (or rare engine) farming for cash, or it may be my imagination: I haven't tested this

With my new (v4 release) Plot start I've picked up enough eggs [auth] to create 2 rare weps (1 for use, the other to give me a cash boost for intermediate upgrades; I'm not yet PMC hostile). I haven't yet found a single egg mission /after/ gaining all the ingredients & flying around stations (dropping TAs) in the last couple of hours; prior to my gaining ingredients (but not crafting) they were popping up fairly regularly.. :(

WRT rare engines the same applies, but you're likely to spend far more time hunting the last 1 or 2 ingredients, so the mission frequency drop is unlikely to affect you so much (again, grab it ASAP initially then as-and-when it becomes available/convenient for the cash)

SO a tip for new game starters: accept the wep (egg) mission once you come across it & then go get the ingredients. It'll be a PITA to fly back to the mission giver, but prolly take a lot less time than hunting up the mission again..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 07:39

Good advice, Snafu! I'd just add for the new to the game: If in a campaign game, don't accept at PMC stations. Otherwise you may have to cancel it later and begin the mission hunt again.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 08:31

That's simply bad luck with the RNG. A little while ago, I farmed eggs enough for 5 collections, and crafted them. Found all 5 missions afterwards within 30-40 minutes.

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 09:28

If you have the Teladi Outpost DLC and can't seem to find the Rare missions, search through the stations in Fatal Path -> Sanctuary and/or Sea-green Oasis. They are smaller than other stations and less complex, which means that the missions are a bit easier to find. Got my rare shield & weapon there last night. :)

waddymc
xr

Post by waddymc » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 08:44

Ive now made a video to accompany the info for this.

X Rebirth - Ancient Artifact Locations - Mk5 Shields

Spoiler heavy so only watch if you dont want to search yourself !

Thanks to the op for gathering the info (made my life a lot easier :)

Waddy

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 08:46

Nice one, Waddy :)
Getsune wrote:If you have the Teladi Outpost DLC and can't seem to find the Rare missions, search through the stations in Fatal Path -> Sanctuary and/or Sea-green Oasis. They are smaller than other stations and less complex, which means that the missions are a bit easier to find. Got my rare shield & weapon there last night. :)
This tip worked great for me, thanks! Found 3 pretty easily 8)

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 18:54

Hi
About the rare engine parts. Asseblet one engine few saves ago. Just delivered it to random rare engine parts mission.---> i could have got 30m credits or upgrade ship--> i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
I have Both expnasion etc.
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:01

hartza76 wrote:Hi
About the rare engine parts. Asseblet one engine few saves ago. Just delivered it to random rare engine parts mission.---> i could have got 30m credits or upgrade ship--> i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
I have Both expnasion etc.
Humm to aswer my own question.. offcourse now i can buy the mk5 ....
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:01

hartza76 wrote:i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
Once you choose the upgrade, the conversation will end and you get a guidance mission that'll lead you to another dock on the same station. There you'll be directed towards a mechanic that sells you the engine/shield/weapon for free.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:05

Getsune wrote:
hartza76 wrote:i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
Once you choose the upgrade, the conversation will end and you get a guidance mission that'll lead you to another dock on the same station. There you'll be directed towards a mechanic that sells you the engine/shield/weapon for free.
Yeah the quidance appeared bit late i was allready .. f.. i collected those items past 2 years :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”