[Crafting] XRebirth Secret

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 18:15

Yeah I know the boxes themselves are indestructable, but I think NPCs can shoot the locks too. Not sure if the ware containers themselves are indestructable, though.
What I thought happened was: K shoots Core Dig with HIVI turret --> splash damage opens the locks --> next shot destroys container. But maybe it is not possible...
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Quawis
x4

Post by Quawis » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:09

Just tested this claim by shooting lockbox at Lonely Giant with variety of missiles on new game start. Yes, indeed, it is possible for splash damage to destroy the locks and subsequent hit will destroy the ware. While it was not that challenging to blow up the locks by parking a few meters away from lockbox, I still imagine it is extremely low chance of this happening in real situation.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:40

J. Spartan wrote:Yeah I know the boxes themselves are indestructable
I mentioned indestructability in relation to you not being able to find it. Until you find one with the locks blown off, I think there's a chance it is still there to be found.

(Unless the game removes them over time after locks are opened?)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 00:14

Quawis wrote:Yes, indeed, it is possible for splash damage to destroy the locks and subsequent hit will destroy the ware. [...] I still imagine it is extremely low chance of this happening in real situation.
Considering the amount of fire going on in certain Xenon sectors in Maelstrom, this event is not as uncommon as it may seem :(

As was mentioned on the Wiki (but now seems to have disappeared :( ) the ware containers (once the lockbox is open) are still vulnerable to fire. The recent lock damage adjustment makes things easier for general lockboxes but is irrelevant in this case :(

There was a DEV thread linked from the old Wiki article, possibly by CBJ, that explained what was going on but I can't search for it atm..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

raim792
x3

Post by raim792 » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 12:08

Hello,
I can not find a mechanic for my artifacts that are complete?

Artifacts can only be executed by, certain mechanics? Not every mechanic?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 16:08

raim792 wrote:Hello,
I can not find a mechanic for my artifacts that are complete?

Artifacts can only be executed by, certain mechanics? Not every mechanic?
What exactly are to trying to complete? Some artefacts need to be build before you can exchange with a Mechanic.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

raim792
x3

Post by raim792 » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 10:44

I know assemble, inventory. Ancient Relics, Khaak Relics, quite together, Rare propulsion , complete together,. But no mechanic found to install.
But that only goes without mods?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 03:03

Sometimes there is a problem where there are no space for mechanics to spawn, so maybe try previous save and change location. Mods may be a problem sometimes too.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 21:16

@ raim792: Sorry if this is too obvious, but you need to find the mission to collect the parts and craft the item and then take the completed item back to the mission-giver before the relevant mechanic can be spawned. Those rare item missions cannot (all) be found via the Bulletin Board but must be found at station 'lightbulb' icons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 00:05

Slight amendment to Alan above: you don't always need the mission to /collect/ the parts, but you'll always need it to craft the item and/or gain the mission reward

If you're trying to complete a DLC-only item one part will be forever out of reach until/unless you have the relevant DLC installed (& find that item in the DLC system(s))
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 15:09

@ Snafu: Heh. Pedantic I know, but the mission you need to find is almost always to collect the parts and craft them into an item ... even if you already have all the parts. :D

Still you are right that you can collect parts before getting the mission if you find any. I suppose that what I posted can be read in different ways. :oops:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 00:30

:) On reflection I should have said: "you always need the mission to install the item", as you can usually /craft/ the item* (if you have all parts natch) & then install or sell it for profit etc. If you choose the latter, the mechanics will give a decent price for the item; just not as much as the mission reward

I was simply adding that caveat to inform newcomers that the options were available & not solely generated from mission acceptance (giving rise to further possible confusion when they find they have a bunch of randomly-collected useful parts in their hold)..

*the only exception that I can currently think of is the JD; while SETA doesn't need a mechanic or a mission to craft & install)
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Sat, 3. Dec 16, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 20:36

You don't always need a mission for a rare item. One in particular comes to mind, which I've just completed.
Spoiler
Show
The SETA has no mission associated with it. I just inadvertently started collecting parts, and when it was complete and crafted, it simply worked, no mission giver or mechanic needed.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 3. Dec 16, 23:55

Umm.. wasn't that what I just said in the last line? ;)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 01:31

Hmm, my post Nov. 28. Your edit Dec. 3. Any connection? :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 22:13

That's odd.. I don't remember editing that /after/ you posted (I'm sure I edited it within 24hrs of original post).. however np & apologies if I'm wrong! :oops:

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 08:51

@Snafu,

the forum software is all-powerful.
the forum software never lies.

except you have to empty your cache sometimes.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Re:

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sat, 25. May 19, 01:48

Quawis wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 16, 21:47
I spent last 6 hours flying all around Albion looking for rare engine mission (I have it crafted already, sitting in my inventory). IIRC, there is a 40% chance that a treasure hunt mission will spawn in zone. Did they change anything or I am that unlucky.

Oh, and yeah - I am searching near station, I don't trust BBS with something that important.
I just Crafted the Engine, and collected the Coolant in Combat, then the Engine Mission Showed up on my list.
I took the items back to the Mechanic, and think he installed the Jump Drive??
How do I activate that Jump Drive?
I don't see it in the Settings Control list, nor the flight screen Commands I have seen.
Thanks for any help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Crafting] XRebirth Secret

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. May 19, 13:40

Please don't resurrect an old thread just to ask the same question as you have in your own current thread in this forum.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”