[Crafting] XRebirth Secret

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 18:01

I suppose that makes sense: according to lore (& observation in older games) spaceflies are often found in asteroid fields. Presumably they 'nest' there..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Spami
x4

Post by Spami » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 18:43

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Spami wrote:That's great!
Which weapons did you get?
I have to check that for myself. I am right now in a nvidium asteroid field but have found nothing so far.
Weapons option didn't seem to work - checked Skunk's stats & couldn't see anything new there, so reloaded & took the cash instead. Easiest 3 million I've made in the game so far. In fact it ended up being 6 million - found a second set of eggs in the same place while mining (had to leave the sector & go back later to get a new Split to spawn at the station, but still, easy money).
Okay I have found them now, too. Also in Nvidium asteroids but I am not sure if spaceflies and spacefly eggs are onky in NVidium ones.
The mission continues after you spent your item at the NPC! Look at your mission marker, it tells you to undock and leads you to a mechanic where you can choose the upgrade of your choice!

I got a particle repeater mk3.
Not a fan of this weapon series overall and this modell is quite more effective but still I don't like it. I am going propably to sell it.

Would like to post an encyclopedia entry for the front page but in my game it is not in english anymore with the final release of 3.0.
Spami

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

solntcev
x4

Post by solntcev » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 19:15

Authentic spacefly eggs never drops from lockboxes in 3.0 release.

It can only drop with 0.03 chance when splitting nvidium asteroid.

You can check it yourself in library/drops.xml, inv_authenticspaceflyeggs listed only once.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 19:39

Updated, thanks

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Jaxartes
x4

Post by Jaxartes » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 21:27

Maybe i just suck at the game but how do you find nividium asteroids, i went to sectors witch should have nividium but all i see is silicon and ore.

HeikoG0815
x4

Post by HeikoG0815 » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 21:36

Jaxartes wrote:Maybe i just suck at the game but how do you find nividium asteroids, i went to sectors witch should have nividium but all i see is silicon and ore.
Fatal Path/Sanctuary

i found some eggs there...... just i don't have the mission strange were to find it?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 21:44

I think ALL of them might be random locations... I believe that I got a Kha'ak Ship piece from a Lockbox in the new Teladi sectors. Not 100% sure though.

Lockboxes and Xenon seem to be the main source of the pieces. Most of the rare engine bits for me have come from Xenon either destroyed by me or my Fulmekron squad member (got one engine bit from a lockbox).

IF one of these pieces accidentally gets destroyed does it spawn again?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 00:51

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I think ALL of them might be random locations... I believe that I got a Kha'ak Ship piece from a Lockbox in the new Teladi sectors. Not 100% sure though.

Lockboxes and Xenon seem to be the main source of the pieces. Most of the rare engine bits for me have come from Xenon either destroyed by me or my Fulmekron squad member (got one engine bit from a lockbox).

IF one of these pieces accidentally gets destroyed does it spawn again?

Rare Engine parts, you just keep killing fighters until you find a replacement piece from the one you destroyed.

The Kha'ak and Ancient Relic Artefacts, once you destroy them they're gone.

Not sure about the Spacefly Eggs.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

HeikoG0815
x4

Post by HeikoG0815 » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 01:07

the Spacefly Eggs you can collect more then needed so you can build it more then 1 time.

I am looking to Find the mission were to send the good to the Split so I ca get my Weapon

finding the eggs with the support here was easy then.

just grill a lot nividium asteroids then you fins a lot eggs... just take a lot time... i got 11 so far and fun that something you collect them they don't count in the inventory...

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 01:24

HeikoG0815 wrote:Just grill a lot nividium asteroids then you fins a lot eggs... just take a lot time... i got 11 so far and fun that something you collect them they don't count in the inventory...
Easy way, now we know they're only available from NV asteroids: get your mining ship in zone to farm NV

Since loot drops from any ship hit now, rather than just from <playership> as in X3, it shouldn't take long..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 02:18

Spami wrote:The mission continues after you spent your item at the NPC! Look at your mission marker, it tells you to undock and leads you to a mechanic where you can choose the upgrade of your choice!
Thanks for the info, very interesting, might look into that gun upgrade next time I mine some nividium eggs. Don't regret going for the cash option though, more useful right now than a better gun - mostly doing mining in my current game & now got more than enough cash to invest in a 2nd Vulture miner + drones, so less downtime while waiting for a full mining ship to dock & offload cargo.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 01:24

There's a crafting Item not on the list.

(Temporary Local ID)

You have to craft 3 Temporary items (Generallyy find them in Vents but never ever found all 3), can't remember their names, ones a Temp Local Password, the others an ID Card I think?

But you have to use them on the Station, if you fly too far away from the Station they will self-destruct.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 01:53

spankahontis wrote:There's a crafting Item not on the list.

(Temporary Local ID)

You have to craft 3 Temporary items (Generallyy find them in Vents but never ever found all 3), can't remember their names, ones a Temp Local Password, the others an ID Card I think?

But you have to use them on the Station, if you fly too far away from the Station they will self-destruct.
They will also self-destruct even if you just go to external camera view (probably a bug).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

eXodL

Post by eXodL » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 08:58

Anyone has a more concrete information about which fighters drop which engine component? Mostly interested in generator, battery and core, but it would be nice to have a list of possible drops on every one of them.

Spami
x4

Post by Spami » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 11:23

I didn't know such annitem exists. Will keep a look at it.

Engine components seem totaly random. Would be really cool to get them from very specific ships, so you had to kill a Xenon K for instance to get one part but right now I think it is completely random.
Either this or Xenon M and N drop most parts ^^
Spami

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 13:22

solntcev wrote:Authentic spacefly eggs never drops from lockboxes in 3.0 release.

It can only drop with 0.03 chance when splitting nvidium asteroid.

You can check it yourself in library/drops.xml, inv_authenticspaceflyeggs listed only once.
They are dropping from fighters a lot in my game. :wink:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 19:02

Might want to put this guide on steam too.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 20:04

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
spankahontis wrote:There's a crafting Item not on the list.

(Temporary Local ID)

They will also self-destruct even if you just go to external camera view (probably a bug).
• RC2 Fixed loss of "volatile" crafting wares when using external view or after loading savegame. :)

funkfanatic
x3ap

Post by funkfanatic » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 18:50

anyone tested if you do the spacefly mission a secund time you will get another weapon than the particel repeater?

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 09:45

I Just dealed with thé shield ancient plot but i didn't revieve thé shield i asked for... Seem to be buged...

Is it normal ?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”