[Official] Behind the scenes

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 18:45

Now that you started making new ships for old content, did you also create new ships or even stations for the new DLC content?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 19:20

and what is that one supposed to carry? Gigurums vary according to what they carry.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 19:59

linolafett wrote:Not a fan of gigurums everywhere? I got your back!

Currently working on two new medium sized traderships.
All medium ships will be quicker and therefore more useful in tzhe upcoming 4.0 patch. They deserve some more love now ;)

This will be a Omicron Lyrae medium sized freighter.

Meet the "Nyanae"

Work in progress of course.
[ external image ]
The design suits the purpose. It looks... freighty?
I love it. :)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 20:25

ezra-r wrote:and what is that one supposed to carry? Gigurums vary according to what they carry.
Looks like a liquid tanker to me, but might be universal like all OL freighters (Lyranea also looks like tanker, but is universal).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 20:34

Looks a bit like a cradle carrying a cylinder, reminiscent of a cargo URV. Looks good :)

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 11. Nov 15, 21:48

If i have time i try to make variations of this guy. (sold/bulk/container/liquid). If i cant manage to get it done in time, this will then be just a universal trader as all the ships in OL.

Tamina: You can answer this question with some older entries in this thread ;)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 00:07

linolafett wrote:If i have time i try to make variations of this guy. (sold/bulk/container/liquid). If i cant manage to get it done in time, this will then be just a universal trader as all the ships in OL.

Tamina: You can answer this question with some older entries in this thread ;)
in time...? mmmm...

* smells like December in the air. :lol:

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 09:27

in time means: I have 2 days of time assigned to create the m ship. If i can make more than a single variation in 2 days its cool, if not i have to stick with one ship variation. Or i can poke the producer to ask for a day more time ;)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 09:37

I recon that, in combination with their speed boost, an M Trader with Universal cargo (e.g. like Delboy's old 3-wheeler) would be an excellent early tier ship ;)

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 11:20

I just dont want to have a universal medium trader as then all other traders will not be bought by players anymore :( Only way to avoid that, would be to increase the price of the universal trader massively or make the cargobay very small.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 11:31

linolafett wrote:I just dont want to have a universal medium trader as then all other traders will not be bought by players anymore :( Only way to avoid that, would be to increase the price of the universal trader massively or make the cargobay very small.
Indeed. You need that one more day!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 11:42

linolafett wrote:I just dont want to have a universal medium trader as then all other traders will not be bought by players anymore :( Only way to avoid that, would be to increase the price of the universal trader massively or make the cargobay very small.
Just make 1 type. Double or triple their price, reduce their speed compared to gigurum.

With bigger trade ships I find the balance between races very good and distinct, for instance, in OL, you only have Lyranea and Lyramekron, both big, heavy, slow and can carry everything.

In Devries though we have the awesome Lepton, which is the most agile small carrying but at the same time cheapest, along with the Styrovk. I always prefer to go for cheaper agile, small, and when I have more money then I buy some "all types of cargo" ships.

You could just follow the same type of balance.

Overprice the new M trader for OL in the same proportion Lyranea Lyramekron are over the rest, more hull, allow them big all types cargo, but also a tad slower than gigirum. IMO that would be the correct balance lore wise too.

No need to make them back to useless slow, but just a little slower than gigurum. If Gigum is 120, these could be 115-110 or even 100m/s, being M ships the difference should not be too big in speed, but with the increased price, hull and capacity and all types I think the balance rounds up to the same as its big brothers.

If you can introduce them as such in Beta we can test to see if the results are alright or needs some tweaking before release.

I find the different scheme of ships for each race a very good thing.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 16:10

Progress was made. One ship done.
I try to do a few variants going. This shaped ship would then be the bulk/liquid transporter. I may make energy/container transporter.

[ external image ]

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 17:14

linolafett wrote: This shaped ship would then be the bulk/liquid transporter. I may make energy/container transporter.

[ external image ]
Pretty !

So you divided your job by 2. Do you have only 0.5 more day ? :D

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 17:37

@ Lino, looks sweet!

I've always admired people who can create stuff out of thin air like that.

Regards, and thanks,
Thufar

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 18:05

Saquavin wrote: Pretty !
So you divided your job by 2. Do you have only 0.5 more day ? :D
I should be able to finish the other two variations (which need different geometry) tomorrow. Most of the ship stays the same as i just replace the blue container with a appropiate storage module.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 20:00

You are so cool, you are like "pfff I make another two tomorrow or so".

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 21:10

looks great ingame! You are hereby awarded: :star::star::star::star::star:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 21:22

I think that reality wise the universal transport should carry less cargo unit than dedicated transport - e.g. you can carry liquids barrels with universal freighter, but same size liquid tanker would ferry significantly more liquids in it's hold.

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Fri, 13. Nov 15, 01:14

Nice work, Lino :)
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”