Illegal items

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Illegal items

Post by John McG » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 09:38

I have just started getting the message
"there are illegal items in your inventory, either drop them or avoid being scanned by police", but how do I find out which are illegal and how do I drop them?
I have never come across this before, maybe because it has just been updated to version 2.5 - very pleased to get it at last.
I have just been in Maelstrom, so it could be something that I picked up there.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 10:26

Open your personal info, and at the bottom of the screen you can see "inventory", click it.
You will see the list of items aboard there, just highlight what you want to drop, and press "drop" on the bottom of the screen. Select the quantity of items to drop.

ENTER - 2 - 1 - 2

John McG
x4

Post by John McG » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 11:46

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Open your personal info, and at the bottom of the screen you can see "inventory", click it.
You will see the list of items aboard there, just highlight what you want to drop, and press "drop" on the bottom of the screen. Select the quantity of items to drop.

ENTER - 2 - 1 - 2
thanks for your help, it was actually 'ENTER - 2 - 1 - 3', in my game, but I found it OK.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 12:44

Bear in mind also that you can buy licences for PMC, HOA and Argon Govt. that make it ok to carry almost every otherwise illegal ware. You'll need to raise your rep with them all to get the licences.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 15:53

In my game illegal items are in red when I open the inventory.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 18:48

I'd much rather buy hidden cargo shielding, then have to dump my illegal wares. 8)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

John McG
x4

Post by John McG » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 19:09

wwdragon wrote:I'd much rather buy hidden cargo shielding, then have to dump my illegal wares. 8)
Where can you buy 'hidden cargo shielding'?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 19:54

wwdragon wrote:I'd much rather buy hidden cargo shielding, then have to dump my illegal wares. 8)

That would completly kill the idea of illegal wares.
They would become just "normal wares", just like any other ones.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 21:02

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:

No way!
You still have to find a black-marketeer to sell them to.

Remember, we are getting Taladi soon and they will sell their own Mother's for profitssssss.
So you could have a rather lucrative exchange based on legality of one race vs another.
Did you notice those stations around that produce wares legally, that were illegal in X3 games?

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 23:32

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:

Yeah I have to agree with "Earth".

It would significantly decrease your changes of getting spotted with illegal wares in space, which would in a way kill the immersion of having illegal goods onboard in general, the thrill of not getting spotted, so to speak.

As the game is now it would be pretty much as "Earth" describes it, but Egosoft could add some kind of system that implement a random ship search for illegal wares when you docking to a station, as customs, the same way they search cargo ships for contrabands at the docks etc.

"Albion Skunk - this is station security, you've been subject for a ship-wide search for illegal contrabands, thanks for your cooperation"

Imagine the money you could do with illegal goods, but also the thrill of getting searched by station security, "before you are able to sell the stuff off".
No pain, no gain :D

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 02:17

If that's going to stay, then we need an option to never autopickup illegal cargo, cause that whole enemy goes -30 when you have it, is just an annoyance! :roll:

truckie024
x4

Re: Illegal items

Post by truckie024 » Sat, 17. Jun 23, 06:37

Im haveing issues with this now, i gave a base in mars and the base has 5 ships of each mining, tug n trade, i am now getting illegal conreavand detected n i cant find it, thought it was the stimulants but still gaving the issue after removing them from base, it makes all other things on base as well
Reputation gone from 18 to 10 as patrols there are being killed by my things
MOBO asus maximus ix extreme
CPU 7800 intel i7
Ram 64gb
Graphics 2080 rtx TI XC 11GB ram
2X m.2 2TB drives
Water cooling Koolance exos 2.5

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Illegal items

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Jun 23, 09:59

@ truckie024: Old thread and wrong game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”