X Rebirth - The wait is almost over! [PRE-ORDER NOW]

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 19:38

Rikjs wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Silver-Reb ... =x+rebirth

If I buy that:

1) Will it be in English? The OP says the boxed version is German only.
2) Can I use the key to register it on Steam?
Answer is yes. I have pre purchased this also, and read the discussion I put on the page entitled "which version" I posted an email reply, which I will again repeat here for you. (note: Koch Media is deep silver)

Sun, 19:29Message starred Re: [Ticket#2013100530000623] x rebirth pre order
FROM Koch Media Support UK TO You Show Details FromKoch Media Support UK To xxx xxx xxx
Dear Steve,

thank you for your enquiry.

If you purchase the game from Amazon at http://amazon.co.uk, you will be receiving the English UK release version of the game.
Please contact Amazon regarding the delivery question, since we can't answer that on Amazon's behalf.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 15. Oct 13, 20:24

as there has been no concrete info on a uk collectors hardcopy from anywere but ego HQ (which could get delayed) as the disclaimer sais I think ill have to just get the standard edition digitally on steam, shame really!
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Kimius
x3tc

Post by Kimius » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 00:44

After reading the announcement about an english collectors edition I'm confused about how to preorder. This part here:

The Collector's Edition of X Rebirth will be released along with the regular retail edition on November 15, 2013, and will be available in the following territories:
• In the UK at a price of GBP 59.99
• In Germany, Austria and Switzerland at a price of € 64.99
• In France at a price of € 59.99

When I read this I don't know if it means that the game will be available in physical stores in these locations or if the game will be sold exclusively to these locations even through the online store. Can someone please clarify availability of the physical collectors edition? I don't live in any of these places and would still like to get the physical collectors edition if possible.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 00:53

Kimius wrote:After reading the announcement about an english collectors edition I'm confused about how to preorder. This part here:

The Collector's Edition of X Rebirth will be released along with the regular retail edition on November 15, 2013, and will be available in the following territories:
• In the UK at a price of GBP 59.99
• In Germany, Austria and Switzerland at a price of € 64.99
• In France at a price of € 59.99

When I read this I don't know if it means that the game will be available in physical stores in these locations or if the game will be sold exclusively to these locations even through the online store. Can someone please clarify availability of the physical collectors edition? I don't live in any of these places and would still like to get the physical collectors edition if possible.
Well i sent a email to deepsilver a few weeks ago and they said that many retailers will have the colectors edition,when i dont know they didnt say.But with the egosoft look at the bottom of the page
http://www.egosoft.com/shop/default.asp?id=85
Where it says November 15th, 2013 / 447 the 447 is the amount of english collectors editions left in the egosoft store
447 number is what it was when i just checked now.may be lower when you read this
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 02:41

Kimius wrote:After reading the announcement about an english collectors edition I'm confused about how to preorder.
... snipped ...
The English UK CE version available in the Egosoft Store is for anyone wanting a English language package. The Steam Activation keys come with it, and you activate it on Steam, from wherever you are and then can play the game. There is no mention of it being playable (or region locked) only in the UK, only that it is available from there.

I believe it is a global version. I live in Australia and that's what I have ordered. If you are not concerned about shopping around for 'best price' my advice is to order it from the Egosoft shop, as I have found their packaging and deliveries timely and reliable in the past.

An official Egosoft person should be able to confirm this (when they read your post).
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 19:28

but is there an easier / closer retailer in the uk that I can confidently order the collectors edition from? no at the moment is the impression I get.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 20:46

shea wrote:
Well i sent a email to deepsilver a few weeks ago and they said that many retailers will have the colectors edition,when i dont know they didnt say.
You had better luck than me, I emailed them asking if the collectors edition will be for sale in Amazon.co.uk and I didn't even get a reply -maybe my money's not good enough for Koch :D
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 10:08

Having bought the UK Collectors Edition from the Ego soft shop and as i live in the UK i expect the game to be posted to me at least a week before the 15th of November when the game is released, i do not want the game to be posted to me ON the 15th to arrive at my house 1 or 2 weeks later due to delays with
air mail etc, can someone official confirm here that the game will indeed be sent out to me in plenty of time please ?

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 13:47

this is my concern ^^^ some people have time off work from the 15th ;) lol

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 13:53

Gupster wrote:Having bought the UK Collectors Edition from the Ego soft shop and as i live in the UK i expect the game to be posted to me at least a week before the 15th of November when the game is released, i do not want the game to be posted to me ON the 15th to arrive at my house 1 or 2 weeks later due to delays with
air mail etc, can someone official confirm here that the game will indeed be sent out to me in plenty of time please ?
We can't send things out until we receive them, and since we are not directly involved in either production or distribution, we cannot guarantee when this will be. There is absolutely no way that we can make a statement about when they will be sent out at this stage, or indeed, with any degree of certainty, until they arrive on our doorstep.

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 16:22

CBJ wrote:
Gupster wrote:Having bought the UK Collectors Edition from the Ego soft shop and as i live in the UK i expect the game to be posted to me at least a week before the 15th of November when the game is released, i do not want the game to be posted to me ON the 15th to arrive at my house 1 or 2 weeks later due to delays with
We can't send things out until we receive them, and since we are not directly involved in either production or distribution, we cannot guarantee when this will be. There is absolutely no way that we can make a statement about when they will be sent out at this stage, or indeed, with any degree of certainty, until they arrive on our doorstep.
Thanks for the reply CBJ, so once they arrive on your doorstep they will hopefully be sent out straight away or as fast as is possible/before the 15th if they come into stock before that date ?

jacob4408

Need North America release date clarification

Post by jacob4408 » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 23:27

The release date for North America is listed as Nov 19 in some places (http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201308_1_44News.html) and Nov 15 in other places (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=341133).

What is the actual date that the game can be activated and played via Steam for North America?

Thanks.

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 05:10

CBJ wrote:

took a peek in your garage....

why is there a stack of blank dvds and a pack of felt tip markers ?

:lol:

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 11:48

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:
CBJ wrote:

took a peek in your garage....

why is there a stack of blank dvds and a pack of felt tip markers ?

:lol:
If you had put your glasses on you would have realized that it was your own garage, my garage is 4 units along from yours. :lol:

It would be rather irritating to wait 7 years for a game and when i can finally unlock my CE code on steam on the 15th November i cant do so because said game is sent ON the 15th to arrive at my house 1/2 weeks later and the steam code is in the CE box, and i would not be able to face all the hopefully positive feedback on this forum from folks already playing it.....

FunktionJCB
x4

Post by FunktionJCB » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 23:12

The Collectors Edition is now up to pre-order on Amazon.co.uk.

Even though the price is supposed to be £59.99 (according to the news on the main page), they are selling it for £61.27.

I have a quick question regarding this edition, and I don't know if anyone from Egosoft can please answer: will the retail Collectors Edition activate on Steam as the Collectors Edition (meaning: digital access to the extras, such as the making-of, soundtracks, ...), or will it activate as the "regular" edition?

I'll be honest: the only reason I went for the retail edition is because I want that bonus Blu-Ray, with the making-of. I'm a sucker for those, especially since this one will be in HD.
Otherwise, for convenience and saving shelf-space, I would go for the digital edition.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 00:01

Three Fridays left, my friends.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 00:34

hourheroyes wrote:Three Fridays left, my friends.
And then, The Day of the Doctor.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:10

FunktionJCB wrote:I have a quick question regarding this edition, and I don't know if anyone from Egosoft can please answer: will the retail Collectors Edition activate on Steam as the Collectors Edition (meaning: digital access to the extras, such as the making-of, soundtracks, ...), or will it activate as the "regular" edition?
I believe it will register as a normal game. The Collectors Edition extras for the retail version are the physical items in the box, and are separate from the digital items in the Steam Collectors Edition.

FunktionJCB
x4

Post by FunktionJCB » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:27

CBJ wrote:I believe it will register as a normal game. The Collectors Edition extras for the retail version are the physical items in the box, and are separate from the digital items in the Steam Collectors Edition.
Thanks for the reply.

At least, will I be able to upgrade my copy on Steam to the Digital Collectors Edition, by purchasing the "upgrade" option, or will it be gone at launch?

I wish publishers would start treating these retail Collector Editions as "different" on Steam.
Just because the bonus features are included on a physical format, it doesn't mean a digital version of these would be useless. The included game will obligatorily turn into a digital version, because of the required activation, why not the rest? There's a reason why numerous labels include digital downloads with the purchase of a music CD, sometimes it's quite practical to have easy access to the content.

I'll give an example to further make my point: I purchased the "Augmented Edition" of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The making-of DVD had a few scratches, even though my copy was factory sealed, and after a few uses it eventually stopped working. Since that copy activated as the regular edition on Steam, and since there isn't an upgrade option on the service for that game, I suddenly lost access to the thing that made me purchase that edition in the first place.

Portman
x3tc

Post by Portman » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 06:47

On the topic of the Blu-Ray, I was curious if it is a region free disc or do we know the region coding it will have? I want to get the UK/English CE but since I'm in the USA I didn't want the Blu-Ray to be unplayable too.
Last edited by Portman on Sat, 19. Oct 13, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”