[Idea/Request] Deathstar

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think?

Poll ended at Mon, 14. Nov 05, 20:20

Agree, FOR THE ORPHANS!
16%
Of course we need a deathstar, it a monolithic symbol of my power
32%
Sounds cool, but no....
52%

Total votes: 25

Donau12321
x3

[Idea/Request] Deathstar

Post by Donau12321 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 20:20

If it fits anyones plans for a Star wars mode, we need a deathstar. It could be a combination using the Complex station kit. I think it would be... dare I say it.. 1337. Yes 1337, where better to wage you galactic conquest than a deathstar?

Please my dear X buddies we need a deathstar, if not for me, think of the orphans!

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 20:48

What good is a giant battlestation if only one weapon has any range to size ratio?

Deathstar: Hundreds of surface turbolaser batteries... pitiful range. Single superlaser with incredible range compared to the turbolasers. If the deathstar was real, it would be on TLCs 'Military Blunders' show, and 'Modern Marvels, MEGASTRUCTURES.'.

Better to have Golan III defense plantforms than a giant planet buster.

It takes phenominal resources to build, even more to operate, and enough manpower to garrison an entire star system, and man several fleets. A deathstar battlestation is a logistics nightmare, and only the entire resource reach of a galaxy that the Empire had could ever hope to build it. And given how it makes a good fireworks display if you blow the reactor up... it's not a cost effective station. All it would take is a covert black-ops guy with a block of C4 to end it.

Besides, you can't fit a deathstar through a jumpgate.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 20:52

Stop pushing for the Death Star... push something more resonable like a Star Destoryer!
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 22:10

Well if they put the Xenon M0 back in the game from XTension then you wouldnt need a death star...

For those unaware the Xenon had a super battleship classed M0 in XT it was located in the Xenon sector near Scale Plate Green peeps would have fun goading it because it turn about 30 cannons on you just for kicks.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 00:37

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote: If the deathstar was real, it would be on TLCs 'Military Blunders' show, and 'Modern Marvels, MEGASTRUCTURES.'.
:lol: ! I can see it now!

Donau12321
x3

point

Post by Donau12321 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 08:07

okay you have a point there

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”