Help with first Turret Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ra
x3

Help with first Turret Mission

Post by ra » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 19:59

My problems are: first I'm trying to register my X3 but I can't, or I'm mistaked in the way I'm trying to do it.
Second, I,m trying to pass the first mission (turret defend the military transport from enemies) the missils don't work and the enemies are to fast for the power of turret, is impossible to pass this part of the game, can any one explain me what is happening?
Sorry I'm a noob, X2 was easy but this one must have some bug or other problem with this mission, the turret can't destroy all the enemies with the speed they have.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 20:22

I had problems registering when I typed in all Caps like the printed code. It worked when I used lower case letters. :)

That mission is very hard if there is a lot of lag. I had to turn down all of the video options, except the screen resolution. Then I turned it back up after I got past that mission.

If a ship get past, Hit Shift-T to break the target lock and lock on one out in front.

You don't have any missiles or any steering, you are only in a turret "gun director" cockpit.

Make sure you hit K to turn on the lead-computing sight. It toggles (off-sight-autoaim). If the lead sight turns blue when you are aimed right then it is fully on.

Lead the sight a little, it is not always exactly right. Particularly if the enemy is turning. Start firing before they are quite in range, they will get there before your shots do. But, stop firing when nothing is in range. Don't forget the gun needs to re-charge.

Save before and try again, nothing ever happens the same way twice in X games. The next time might be easier. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 20:53

Topic Moved from S+M and renamed

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

amacdonald
x3

Post by amacdonald » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:14

Use the mouse to drive the turret. I was able to wipe out all the pirates on my first attempt (as soon as I got the HUD to work, anyway).

Thorsghost
x3ap

Post by Thorsghost » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 16:29

I had bout 10 attempts on the x-treme difficulty setting put it on easy and done it first time :P
And I found using the mouse to aim and ctrl to fire made things a bit easier too

froogle
x3

Post by froogle » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 16:38

I was having difficulty with that mission too and pretty much decided to give up on the storyline until the lag issues get fixed in a patch. I never tried the mouse aiming option though, so may have to give that a go later.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”