[Suggestion] Monopoly in space ;p

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ryuujin
x3

[Suggestion] Monopoly in space ;p

Post by Ryuujin » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 21:32

I was thinking about all this talk of "taking over the galaxy without firing a single shot but that's not really true.

How feasible would it be, to have a timer that ran galaxy wide that recorded whether a station is out of wares, and for how long? - memory load might be a bit much?. (Updates wouldn't have to be done very often, and the routine could be cyclic going sector by sector over 10 minutes instead of doing whole universe in a single thread)

I'm thinking when an NPC station runs out of wares, it starts counting down, and then after X period of time, the player could run an option from the command console to buy out the station. (Corperate takeover) Or if the station continued making no output for too long, it'd be sold off and removed from the game entirely, leaving a gap in the market. to be filled by the player, or by a new NPC (If X3 really does build new factories)

It'd make the economy even more dynamic, and let player's literally wipe out the competition with price wars and the like. That's how real buisness works afterall.
Last edited by Ryuujin on Tue, 8. Nov 05, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

xxbtnxx
xr

Post by xxbtnxx » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 23:50

yea! i like your idea... the x3 version of monopoly! just buy everyone out

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 00:33

i guess adding stats to roughly how much profit is made by the station
and if its not making much you can put it on for auction or something

MrDigital
x3

Post by MrDigital » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:58

This is an awesome idea, I want! :)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 04:00

Another thing that'll be kool would be a stock script... you could do stuff like invest in the Wheat Farms in a sector and depending on their growth you can get some money from it, and maybe even pay from transaction fees. I think I can do this on my own but this could play into this script/mod if someone wants to take my idea. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

JonusITA
x3

Post by JonusITA » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 10:20

Galaxy613 wrote:Another thing that'll be kool would be a stock script... you could do stuff like invest in the Wheat Farms in a sector and depending on their growth you can get some money from it, and maybe even pay from transaction fees. I think I can do this on my own but this could play into this script/mod if someone wants to take my idea. :)
you mean something like convert a station to produce other wares? interesting

so the economy grows indipendantely from the player, but at the same time if a factory doesn't sell anything it should be removed... i was thinking that in x3 economy there was already something like that

karvala
x3

Re: [Suggestion] Monopoly in space ;p

Post by karvala » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 23:13

Ryuujin wrote: It'd make the economy even more dynamic, and let player's literally wipe out the competition with price wars and the like. That's how real buisness works afterall.
X3 meets Capitalism II. Nice. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”