The FIRST Amateur AMERICAN Review

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AmericanPuke
x3

The FIRST Amateur AMERICAN Review

Post by AmericanPuke » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 03:05

Man oh man what a cool game!!! I could not wait until next week so I picked up a British copy of the DVD. I patched up to 1.2 and have been playing on my AMD FX55, X800 Pro, 2Gb Dual Channel RAM, and SATA Rapor drive system. The eye candy is nice and I really like the music. This version of X3 moves you into the story in a way that is more exciting than X2 in my humble opinion. I like the combat system and the interface is greatly improved since X2. The cutscences are cryptic and just don't fit the gamleplay calibur of the game, but they are short and move you to the next part of the story. However, the gameplay has been thought out as you have many options to engage in. Overall, this game rocks!! I am so appreciative of the people who made this game. I wish I could buy you all an ale!! Maybe someday!! However, if you devleoped this game you can take this post it to your friends at the pub and say that you had a achieved a life long ambiton that changed the world. Really. You ARE great people and I thank you.

I played the game to its conclusion and still want more. X3 is involving, alive, and has a sense of feeling that gives me hope about the future of computer gaming.

Take Care and forgive us for G. Bush....I live in a Blue state....

Nick

yingjai

Post by yingjai » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 03:19

u bought both north american and european dvd?
X3 Reunion
Economist 87%
Fighter Chief 59%

marksl
x3

Post by marksl » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 06:06

can someone explain how the dvd systems work, if you can use a british copy of x3 in america why not just have the same release times? why the break up between different nations getting the same game?

AmericanPuke
x3

Post by AmericanPuke » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 06:24

It's was easy to get a DVD version of X3. The game was/is advertised on gogamer.com. They commonly provide European releases of games. Nice when the US release comes later. I hope the US release is version 1.2 as the patch greatly improves the game.

Nick

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 07:52

marksl wrote:can someone explain how the dvd systems work, if you can use a british copy of x3 in america why not just have the same release times? why the break up between different nations getting the same game?
Two different markets. Different laws govern the commerce. The different publishers will many times use their own version of copyright protection on disk.

AB14
x3

Post by AB14 » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 13:21

I would just like to ask the original poster of this thread if he is sure that he played the plot to the conclusion? I thought there was a bug in 1.2 that prevented the player from doing this? You have a very powerful system, how was the framerate for you and did you ever CTD?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 16:35

Carry on, nothing to see here.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Darkstar trader
x3

Post by Darkstar trader » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 16:38

esd wrote:Carry on, nothing to see here.
Good call on the pruning esd!

Yep its a great game, just wish there were more bbs missions.

AmericanPuke
x3

Post by AmericanPuke » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 17:23

To AB14,

Yes, I finished the game. No CTD's and the game played great. I don't know why I am not having the technical problems that others are having short of making sure my system is up to date. My framerate was generally good. I think this was due to having 2Gb of dual channel RAM.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 17:25

Well as someone said in another post this could be just another optmistics lunitic post,so in the spirit of lunacy.I think

Egosoft: "What you want to release when!"
Deepsilver "October"
Egosoft: Great..ok lets go into scramble mode,put the X2 bbs missions in for now just untill we can get the new ones tested and then we will include them in the first additional content patch.

Cheers/Thrangar

rosetta1963
x2

Post by rosetta1963 » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 19:16

esd wrote:Carry on, nothing to see here.
pm check

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”