Galaxy Editor.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Unrealpg
x3

Post by Unrealpg » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 21:38

Well.. I can confirm changing registory key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EGOSOFT > GameState

to the value of 1017F (In Hex [Default Value is 17F]) will enable Galaxy Editor (After you type Thereshallbewings in menu)

However, I would like to recommend againest it at the moment, clearly it isnt finshed and I am unable to change that much other then:

Sector background (Space picture)
Set Name ID
Sector Radio (How big it is)
Sector Core

Oh and use Galaxy editor cheats (And yes before you ask it does appear to have the ability to add stations etc but when I attempted it failed (Then again on my Cheat save {Yeah I know..} I could never get the station spawning to work anyway.)

If you would like to attempt to spawn stations you have to goto your properity click on your ship scroll all the way down to "Add Wares" etc. Let me know if you get it to work please.

And once again. I recommend AGAINEST doing this, don't even try this if you are not sure what I'm talking about or how to use registory editor! I will NOT be responsable or frankly care if you mess up your computer because you were to impatient to get a full working and unbuggy version of the galaxy editor.

AlexYar
x2

Post by AlexYar » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:08

Unrealpg wrote:Perhaps, AlexYar you could kindly give spefic intructions in english?

(Not all of us can read Russian)

I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the marjority of the forum. :)
Regedit:

old:
HKCU\Software\EGOSOFT\X3 "GameState"=dword:0000017f

new:
HKCU\Software\EGOSOFT\X3 "GameState"=dword:0001017f

ps: HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER

ps2: Extended editor menu call by pressing Num_Enter button! :)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:20

I can agree that it is gamestate=0001017f :D DAMN this new Galaxy Editor is AWESOME! :O If you used the old X2 one, then once you learn this one, you will L.O.V.E IT! Heck! You can add default wares templates to stations! Not even DoubleShadow's X2 Editor did that! :O It also has a object clipboard that I have not mastered yet.

NOTE FOR THOSE USING IT: In the sector map press "P" to get to the properties of the selected object.

Low Orbit? I'll give you low orbit! :twisted: :twisted:
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Unrealpg
x3

Post by Unrealpg » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 01:09

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how to place objects/stations? And yes I have looked around for tutorials I can't seem to find any (Yeah I looked at the Developer controls in-game to.)

Flic
x3

Post by Flic » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 01:36

Yea now i have it i don't know how to use it :'(

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 01:47

Press Numpad-Enter and that should bring you to the old-school X2 main menu(unlike the standard X3 quick menu), you'll be doing most of your galaxy modding through the sector map, and the in-game main menu. In the main menu theres a new tab called "Debug", go over there and you'll find all the creation items. Once you created some stuff goto the sector map to move it around, and if you want to change some stuff on stuff like planets or stars (or ship or stations, but that gets into some heavy stuff), press P.

You do NOT need to give ships/stations shields. And one thing I have not worked out is how to make unowned traders that you see in normal X3...

Just take it slow learning the Galaxy Editor, try a few stuff out and mess around with them. Add in some random option pressing, rinse, and repeat. :)

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 02:00

Unowned traders (freetraders) are spawned at universe creation according to the parameters given in the jobs.tx types file. I don't believe you need to add them to the map.
Actually I think most ships are handled this way.
I've never opened the galaxy editor though, do you see trader ships in there already?
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 02:43

Somehow it tied to the map file, because I took the x3_universe.xml file from the cat/dats and played it in a custom universe, and no free traders! SOMEHOW it gets started.. but donno how.

trav
x2

Post by trav » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 07:29

I was able to use doubleshadow's galaxy editor to open 04 security cat, open maps, select X3 universe pck, then opened it and saved it as XML into deepsilver/X3 reunion/maps folder, not inside that cat04 file.
you can get doubleshadow galaxy editor here
http://www.doubleshadow.wz.cz/x2e/index.php?p=download
I hope doubleshadow is currently working on making new updates for this editor since we see new sectors are not in names but in numbers, new stations, ships, wares, etc which this editor does not recognized. Only thing we can make changes for now is by adding or removing, moving asteroids or change their yields, and add gates, maybe create new sectors too. I tested it by adding a 40 yield silcion and ore roids in argon prime, then they do appear in X3 game, so it does works. But I wouldnt touch new ships and stations even the wares inside stations until doubleshadow get new editor or updates for it.

trav
x2

Post by trav » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 12:48

Oops I realized after what I did, now theres no other race ships flying around, even frieghters except for priates or khaak in their sectors. So X2 galaxy editor doesnt mix with X3. either have to wait for update or try new editor myself.

ticaki
x3

Post by ticaki » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 13:12

Galaxy613 wrote:Somehow it tied to the map file, because I took the x3_universe.xml file from the cat/dats and played it in a custom universe, and no free traders! SOMEHOW it gets started.. but donno how.
the job.txt is only use when you play a custom game with map name x3_universe. If you use custom map with a different name you need a jobs.txt (pck) and jobwings.txt(pck) file with name:

Jobs.MyMapName.txt(pck)
JobWings.MyMapName.txt(pck)

Greets ticaki

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 16:12

ticaki wrote:
Galaxy613 wrote:Somehow it tied to the map file, because I took the x3_universe.xml file from the cat/dats and played it in a custom universe, and no free traders! SOMEHOW it gets started.. but donno how.
the job.txt is only use when you play a custom game with map name x3_universe. If you use custom map with a different name you need a jobs.txt (pck) and jobwings.txt(pck) file with name:

Jobs.MyMapName.txt(pck)
JobWings.MyMapName.txt(pck)

Greets ticaki
ooooohhh, I'll try that this evening. :D

SSG1964

Post by SSG1964 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 17:38

What exactly does the Galaxy editor do?
i know what the script editor does and how to use it.
does it do the same thing??? :?: :?: :?: :?:
peddling disco to the masses

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 19:29

SSG1964 wrote:What exactly does the Galaxy editor do?
i know what the script editor does and how to use it.
does it do the same thing??? :?: :?: :?: :?:
It's not the script editor in any way, shape or form. I anwsered you in your other topic and that should get it actived. Don't try to do anything too hastey and read what I said about the Galaxy Editor here and on other posts.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”