TUTORIALS and RESOURCES + Activating the Script Editor/Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 04:52

New scripter here. =D I hope I am putting this in the right place. I have a pretty general question: is there a command for the script editor that opens the command console for a selected ship? Something like "object->Open Command Console" (obviously not it).

Perfect example of what I want: when a ship completes its job you can have it send you a message asking if you want to open the command console or not. THAT is exactly what I am trying to do, but for a different task.

Please be kind to the newb and don't make fun of me too much if its an obvious answer. =D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 21:33

I have no idea what the Script Editor has, but I do know that in the vanilla game each ship has a boolean option to send a message to the player, when their command completes/ends. And you can reach the ship via that message.

zaphodikus2

Post by zaphodikus2 » Wed, 6. Jun 18, 22:20

Has anyone got some pointers to how to retrieve the sound file that says

"Do not wave at the stations security cameras, distracted operators leads to undetected crime."

It plays in Kingdoms End, just want to hear it again, have to hear it again.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 13:07

As all voice recordings, station announcements are part of the the 00144.dat file in the mov folder. It's an audio file, which you can play with your Windows Media Player. The specific line should be rather close to the end. The last five minutes are the station announcements.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”