Traders Tale II - chpt 16 completed- 2/08/03

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Quetz
x3

Post by Quetz » Sun, 24. Aug 03, 23:51

Good job merc, nice part :)

Does anyone else sense a large conflict coming up??? :roll:

Quetz

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Mon, 25. Aug 03, 06:42

Welcome back Merc, I trust you had an enjoyable break.

Nice continuation of the chapter and tension still rising i'm expecting the Khaak any moment now.

I do wonder tho if the loss of communication timing was just coincidence, or were the Khaak onto him that quick? bad news if they were! hehe bad news I guess if they wern't and it was just a coincidence! :wink:

Cheers, looking forward to more, soon I hope :)

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 25. Aug 03, 12:41

big fight! big fight! big fight!!

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 25. Aug 03, 13:31

Wow!

This isn't looking good is it. We going to be fightingthese in X2?lol
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 25. Aug 03, 15:19

Welcome back from your (short) vacation!

Excellent read! Shows that you made proper use of the days you had at your disposal (or not had) :D

Like Moss, I wonder if the communications problem is indeed result of Khaak activity or coincidental ... or the ancients trying to 'sandbox' the Khaak again? Plenty of scope for further developments!

I am looking forward to the next part!

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 26. Aug 03, 10:19

Danger and excitement :D More.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 26. Aug 03, 17:10

Bump.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 27. Aug 03, 20:49

Completed under the +++++++

...and things are beginning to look bleak for... well just about everyone in the X-sectors really... :wink:

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 27. Aug 03, 21:23

Oh Mummy! Can I go home now?lol

Excellentt stuff there Merc, really good stuff. More please!lol

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 27. Aug 03, 23:26

Yay, now the cards are on the table ... well, sort of. I don't think two LT's at a gate will provide much of a defense. Yet, it may buy a few seconds. I guess they better get the Silicon mine moving. With the help of the Roamer - if it makes it through the gate - they may even be able to accelerate the motion of the mine to more than the thrusters are capable.
Fingers crossed Sweety can extract some more really helpful things from those crystals. Otherwise they all will be locked away in an asteroid for some time. Mind you, Trish has to make it back somehow ...

Excellent read, Merc. Would you please read through the last two paragraphs again. They confused me a bit with advantages turning to and from the Khaak etc..

Looking forward to the next chapter!

"fire at anything that’s hostile?" - you made this an order, not a question

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 00:20

niiiiice. Great to be back in the swing of things :) looks like the khaak have picked off more than they can chew in Tor and the AIC,
(cant wait for them to roll out the corvette :twisted: bring out your dead....

still with only 3 LTs per gate, 1 mammoth, 1 AIC corvette, 3ESS fighters and the defience they may have quite a hard time fending those pesky khaak off.

One question I want to ask is why Tor hasnt invested in an M2 or 1 yet? With his contacts, the AIC and his bank balance he could have a beauty of a capital ship.
(/me dreams of an M2 with ESS :twisted: bring out your dead....

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 00:35

I don't think Tor has enough cash to afford a capitol ship at this point in time. Also, you may remember that every station owner has only an allowance of so many fighters. Due to the sensitive locality they were not even allowed to build weapons factories. Mind you, a drone fab would come in very handy right now, as well as a laser tower fab.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 01:18

googileeeee gooogogoeogoegoeleleleleleleleeeeeeeeeee gogogogoggggoooooooogileeeeeee!

8)

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 07:36

Nice work Merc

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 11:24

Cheers all, :)

KiwiNZ: Corrected, and edited the last two para's to (hopefully) make it a little clearer.[/quote]

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 15:27

Great stuff merc. Looks like Torr might be in for a little trouble but maybe its time he earned the reputation of a great fighter as you stated way back at the start of Traders Tale #1 ;)

Few typos which I'll try and post up later.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 15:38

Al wrote:Great stuff merc. Looks like Torr might be in for a little trouble but maybe its time he earned the reputation of a great fighter as you stated way back at the start of Traders Tale #1 ;)

Few typos which I'll try and post up later.

Al
Cheers... and the wars only just beginning too...

This encounter should also help to explain why he was chosen to go looking for the lost ship mentioned at the beginning of the first Traders Tale.. :wink:

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 15:43

Aha! But will the story explain how he disappears and where he goes and whether he ever comes back?

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 15:52

The Doctor wrote:Aha! But will the story explain how he disappears and where he goes and whether he ever comes back?
Not in TT2 :(

Tors' primary objective now is survival and getting home. :roll:

crunn
x4

Post by crunn » Thu, 28. Aug 03, 17:21

Ahh, but will he survive and get home?

Nice one again Merc. 8)

Return to “Creative Universe”