[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Verahta
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri, 11. Mar 11, 03:56

Post by Verahta » Mon, 27. May 13, 23:32

I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?


My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.


If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.


Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.

User avatar
SteelRush
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:22

Verahta wrote:I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?
Station debris can't be captured currently, only ships.
Verahta wrote:My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.

If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.
That is something I hadn't considered. I'll see if I can get the ship to spawn with 1 slot free so the player can dock without issue.
Verahta wrote:Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.
You can only change lasers in stations, rather than out in space currently. At least that's what I remember from FL4.0.4.

User avatar
SteelRush
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31

Re: gunnery crews?

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:23

Verahta wrote:How do the gunnery crews work?

I bought some and put them on my M6 but I haven't noticed anything in the commands/console to suggest how to use them.
Gunnery crews really don't do anything with all the changes. In the next version, I removed them outright.

User avatar
SteelRush
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:25

Verahta wrote:Thank you Steel for the fast patch you provided, fixed the illegal goods bug.

May I ask, is there any documentation on the mod? For example any docs on the new weapons, ships, sectors, etc?

If I run into any more bugs I will try to collect as much detail as I can for you.
I've been wanting to put up a wiki with this information, and I'll try and get to that in the near future. It would coincide with the FL Omega version in the works.

Thumbaumba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 14. Feb 16, 17:22

Post by Thumbaumba » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 18:21

I sincerely apologise for being soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late, however, i still occasionaly play X2 thus recently i accidentally discovered Firelance Mod for myself.
And as soon as i got my first power plant, i went into trouble: trere are absolutely no Station Management System commands in command console. If anyone still alive on this forum, can you suggest what am i doing wrong?

User avatar
Dallatorre
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun, 16. Sep 07, 20:54

tested out

Post by Dallatorre » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 21:27

I took again on X2 The Threat, now starting with this mod.

The fact that every shield is different for each race messes things up, because every race doesn't have an increased number of production facilities to fix this.

Boron ships are extremely deadly, it is still true that if your shields are down, the game is over for you. Borons have huge shielding and weapons that eat shields like crazy.

Proceeding trough the game I found the step-up from M5 to M4 nice and pleasant, but upgrading to M3 looks like a downgrade.
The Teladi buzzard has much better shields than the Paranid M3, better speed and feels like better weapons. The M3 fighter likes to take more damage and deal less.

It's impossible to have a natural progression trough the story-line, the ransom quests can be done with some skills and an M4, the transport quests featuring xenons require you to bend the willing of the game, by seeking help of the police AI, when you step up to an M3 (Military Perseus) everything gets more difficult and the M4 is not enough to go trough the story-line.

About the main story-line? it's kinda broken...
SpoilerShow
as soon as you need to travel to Nyana's hideout
it's not feasible anymore. If you take the red route: no way you're gonna pass that xenon sector, a swarm of xenon M5s followed by M4s will wreck any fighter.
SpoilerShow
When you save Bret from the Kha'ak
, those 2 laser turrets will spawn and kill you no match.
It requires cheating.


I did tested some combat, 4 boron M4s will easily destroy a Centaur, a Nova and a Buzzard without having losses. the M3 class is so stupid now.

I know the game is old and the mod also, but i needed to leave this feedback. Hopefully someone will read it, helping them decide weather to try take on the game with this mod.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”