New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How many times did the batmobile catch a flat?

Fantastic plugin
22%
Good plugin
13%
Average plugin
4%
Terrible plugin
No votes
Just show me the results
60%

Total votes: 45

D_Zorro

Re: New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 13:20

LV wrote:

Code: Select all

Sell This Station

All your stations will now have this option enabled in their command menu's

Once chosen the station will signal nearby traders and if one is interested you will be hailed with an offer for the station, If you accept the station will no longer be under your control!
[\quote]

A question about this though, will you lose the ships that are assigned to this station as homebase when you sell your station too???

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

metis

Post by metis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 17:20

can someone help me?realy eager to try this plug in but it is not working. I am running terradine 1.7 so i named the files in modefile cat5 etc. since i m allready using a mod. During i do have a choice in the AI settings to toggle hucking on or off,but it is set op off all the time. I have no console.

so i could use a little help:-(

thanx

LV
Sith Lord

Re: New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 00:45

D_Zorro wrote: A question about this though, will you lose the ships that are assigned to this station as homebase when you sell your station too???

DZorro,
Try it out ;)

You do not need to run this script via the mod option at all if the new 1.1 is still not working with terradine, it must be terradine causing it :)

FractalMBrown

Post by FractalMBrown » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 04:03

The plugin works, and I've been trying out the ship hacking things. Here is my procedure: 1.) Be outside and use hacker command '2'. 2.) Contact station and request to dock. 3.) Dock manually, fly up to a promising ship, and target it. After waiting a bit, it says "Formation accepted", and I think that it was successful (because it normally says "Command Rejected" and I must re-try the procedure). After it says the formation has been joined/accepted/whatever, how do I switch ships? It doesn't show up as an owned ship, nor can I enter the ship using my spacesuit. Am I doing anything wrong?

DCZX

Post by DCZX » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 06:15

Will this work with the SSG 0.2.7.e1 mod? I'm confused about the "no mod" tag? Does this mean it won't work when I select SSG as a mod in the startup?

LV
Sith Lord

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 16:35

I tend to dock with the docking computer, there is a timer on the command and you may have gone past it with requesting permission and flying in slowly, the only concern is the first ship you target in the docking ring is the one the hack will run on, then you just need to be within 100m

FractalMBrown

Post by FractalMBrown » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 18:57

LV wrote:I tend to dock with the docking computer, there is a timer on the command and you may have gone past it with requesting permission and flying in slowly, the only concern is the first ship you target in the docking ring is the one the hack will run on, then you just need to be within 100m
I don't have the docking computer. What I'm doing is I'm starting a new game in a custom universe, and selecting "<X2 Universe>"

falcon2000

Post by falcon2000 » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 16:53

Okay, everything works wonderfully, except for hacking in space. No matter how close I am, it tells me command rejected. I've successfully hacked money and ships from the space stations, but I can't get a single one in space. I've even tried being <50m from the ships (and that's a treat to fly within 50m and nav the menu's in and of itself). My rank is 1000. but every time target the ship, get within X meters, I run piracy->hacking console->"5", immediately "Command Rejected" and the ship aggros on me. Is this the point at which I enter it with the space suit? Is it supposed to stop or something, since the suit only goes 18, a 100+ mps cargo ship is going to be um... hard to catch up to.

Are there any other special requirements other than just the distance?

Falc

Duriel_LOP

Post by Duriel_LOP » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 16:33

falcon2000 wrote:Okay, everything works wonderfully, except for hacking in space. No matter how close I am, it tells me command rejected. I've successfully hacked money and ships from the space stations, but I can't get a single one in space. I've even tried being <50m from the ships (and that's a treat to fly within 50m and nav the menu's in and of itself). My rank is 1000. but every time target the ship, get within X meters, I run piracy->hacking console->"5", immediately "Command Rejected" and the ship aggros on me. Is this the point at which I enter it with the space suit? Is it supposed to stop or something, since the suit only goes 18, a 100+ mps cargo ship is going to be um... hard to catch up to.

Are there any other special requirements other than just the distance?

Falc
dock at any equipment dock and get into your spacesuit then trade with the station, you will now be able to upgrade your spacesuits speed to about 50-90? its not much more, and it will only last till you next get in one of your ships.
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

LV
Sith Lord

Post by LV » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 18:00

please bear with me while i finish my new mercenary plugin, i can then re-install hacking to fix/answer questions

Scoob

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 23:27

Hi,

The ship hacking command in stations was working fine for me when I was playing my Terradine & Xai AI modded game. I've just started a totally clean 1.4 game in the Custom X2 Universe with just the default 1.04 plugin pack & LVs Response Fleets as well as the Hacking plugin & it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

I issue the command (2) while outside the station, dock, target a nearby M5 & fly towards it & close to under 50 metres. I get the "Formation Accepted" (I think it says) message then nothing. Checking the log shows an entry reading "You must stay docked at the target station to complete the hack, command terminated". Well I certainly didn't leave the station & hacking was working fine for me previously so any ideas what's wrong?

* Edit *

Scripting in a docking computer for myself means everything works fine - think that's been observed previously.

On a less positive note I've also noticed that hitting the "r" key to bring up the property screen throws me directly out to the desktop, not good :-(

Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord

Post by LV » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 11:09

Download Link version 1.2 9/8/05

------------------------------------------------
1.2 update. In station and in sector hacking issue's should now be fixed, check times have been increased slightly to allow for manual docking
------------------------------------------------

Scoob I coudn't get to my desktop no matter how hard i tried, can you reproduce at all? , I'll try to break it again on my return from the seaside with the kids :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Scoob

Post by Scoob » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 13:43

Well, it always goes to the desktop as soon as I press "r". I've done a complete re-install three times...

1) Install UK game from CD
2) Apply 1.4 patch
3) Apply 1.4 NoCD
4) Apply 1.04 PlugIns Pack

Test game starting in new Custom X2 Universe - All OK

5) Install Hacking Commands

Test game, crash to desktop when Pressing "r".

The "r" property fuction was working just fine when I applied the Hacking Commands script to my existing Terradine game, it's just starting a new game that causes the crash.

I was suspicous that it may be down to one or more of the Advanced Sats you seed various sectors with causing the problem, as they're additional property you wouldn't usually have. Just a hunch.

I'll give 1.2 a go to see if it fixes things.

Enjoy your seaside break :-)

Scoob.

xalien

Post by xalien » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 15:03

I haven't tried it yet, so I have a question - are there any penalties or limitations involved when hacking stuff. Stealing wares from PPC forge would seem to be too easy way to gain money, unless it requires high rank, which in turn requires to complete a bunch of missions etc.

Edit: nevermind, just downloaded it and looked into readme :)

LV
Sith Lord

Post by LV » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 21:46

Scoob wrote:......................

Enjoy your seaside break :-)

Scoob.

I installed fresh this morning, updated 1.2/1.4 added full bonus 1.04 plugins, then AL response fleets then hacking, working fine for me

Could it be terradine ? Try commenting out the plugin.lv.bases command at the bottom of setup.hacking for me :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”