Rogues Revenge Chapter 2 completed 23.5.03

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 15. May 03, 16:31

Al wrote:
SteveMill wrote:
Mercenary wrote:Great read!

Just one thing I spotted..

"You, Law, and bastard who gets in my way..." should that be "You, Law and any other bastard..."
Thanks, it should read any. Amendment made.
Oi! I said it first. And did I get any credit?? No! :p

:lol:

Al

PS Glad to see you have some motivation back, I was starting to get withdrawals ;)
I package of credit for Mr Al. :P

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 15. May 03, 16:39

The Doctor wrote:About time to!
Cheeky get :wink:

Hopefully more soon but just heard my uncle has died so i might have to be away. Haven't seen him for decades so it doesn't affect me but my old mum might need support.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 15. May 03, 16:47

Sorry to hear that Steve.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 15. May 03, 16:57

Al wrote:Sorry to hear that Steve.

Al
Thanks, his death doesn't really mean anything to me emotionally because it's 30 years since i've seen him but my mum has lost both brothers in a year now. Intimations of mortality.

Note to self, visit mother more often.

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Thu, 15. May 03, 17:27

Yeay, now thats attitude :) great chapter, did I get that right, Law has an Orca with a shipyard aboard, or was that destroyed? anyways nice you got the urge to continue writing this back, hope that lasts Steve, now your on the last leg here! cheers.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 15. May 03, 17:32

Lol! what ya mean cheeky!!! It's true you know!!!lol

Anyway, yeah visiting people is something we should all do, but we always think there is tomorrow don't we. Then that tomorrow turns into today and that turns into to late.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 15. May 03, 17:55

Moss wrote:Yeay, now thats attitude :) great chapter, did I get that right, Law has an Orca with a shipyard aboard, or was that destroyed? anyways nice you got the urge to continue writing this back, hope that lasts Steve, now your on the last leg here! cheers.
Yep, the Boron supply Orca that was floating around in the Xenon sector. More details will be unveiled. It was captured by Law in Chapter 1 of Revenge.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 15. May 03, 17:57

And IIRC it was a particularly brutal assault with survivors blasted out into the vaccuum. Might have to read it again!

Al
X2 Capture Guide

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 16. May 03, 02:24

Al wrote:And IIRC it was a particularly brutal assault with survivors blasted out into the vaccuum. Might have to read it again!
you cruel little puppy :lol:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 21. May 03, 12:05

Short third part added, more later.

steve

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 21. May 03, 12:21

Just reading through:

1. "The base must have got of a distress call" shoudl be "got off a"

Good read and I'll try and get through it again in more detail at lunchtime :)

Al
X2 Capture Guide

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 21. May 03, 12:39

Exellent addition, Steve.

Feels like the station manager had a dodgy reason to leave, might only my impression from the phrasing, though.

Well, I hope Sinas has good news for him and he is gonna get Menelaus Paradise. What did you mean by 'have the Confeds shot at'? Are they to be used as bait/diversion or what is his intention?

Looking forward to more!

"half eaten" or half-eaten?

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Wed, 21. May 03, 12:43

Nice

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 21. May 03, 12:58

KiwiNZ wrote:Exellent addition, Steve.

Feels like the station manager had a dodgy reason to leave, might only my impression from the phrasing, though.

Well, I hope Sinas has good news for him and he is gonna get Menelaus Paradise. What did you mean by 'have the Confeds shot at'? Are they to be used as bait/diversion or what is his intention?

Looking forward to more!

"half eaten" or half-eaten?
I think it was Max's cynical way of saying, it's going to be their station, let them take most of the risks. I'll adjust the master a bit.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:04

oh, ok, so that will be the station that Max wants to place in the old Teladi sectors?

been reading through the Testament while converting it to html, man I still get chills, it;s such a good read! :thumb_up: :x2:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:11

KiwiNZ wrote:oh, ok, so that will be the station that Max wants to place in the old Teladi sectors?

been reading through the Testament while converting it to html, man I still get chills, it;s such a good read! :thumb_up: :x2:
Yep, it's the Stoertebeker base that left orbit in Teladi Gain.

Jasperodus
x3

Post by Jasperodus » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:26

Good stuff.

I'm vaguely reminded of Stephen Donaldson's GAP series. It was Jaines and his exhausted ship and crew that did that. There's a similar character and battleship in the GAP series. Loosely similar.

Nice going.

Jasp
Arms, my only ornament; my only rest, the fight. ~ Don Quixote, Cervantes

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:28

Jasperodus wrote:Good stuff.

I'm vaguely reminded of Stephen Donaldson's GAP series. It was Jaines and his exhausted ship and crew that did that. There's a similar character and battleship in the GAP series. Loosely similar.

Nice going.

Jasp
GAP series? Read some donaldson years ago, something with a leper in but never finished even the first book.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:33

Cool stuff again Steve, good indeed
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Jasperodus
x3

Post by Jasperodus » Wed, 21. May 03, 13:35

Yeah, that's his fantasy trilogy 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever' - which is his finest work. (There is a second trilogy - 'The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant' but it is not quite as good in my view.)

The GAP series is his big 5 book scifi epic loosely based on the Ring cycle (Wagner not Tolkien :wink: ). It is very good even if it isn't his best work. I'll say that again, it is very good (Thomas Covenant is a work of genius, in my opinion).

I think you'd like it.

Jasp

PS. I'd better give you the titles:

The Gap Into Conflict: The Real Story (1990)
The Gap Into Vision: Forbidden Knowledge (1991)
The Gap Into Power: A Dark and Hungry God Arises (1992)
The Gap Into Madness: Chaos and Order (1994)
The Gap Into Ruin: This Day All Gods Die (1996)

PPS. Isn't google handy... :wink:
Arms, my only ornament; my only rest, the fight. ~ Don Quixote, Cervantes

Return to “Creative Universe”