Gunnery Crews FAQ <--- READ FIRST

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

therjw

Post by therjw » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 16:38

I'm pritty sure that that not a bug with this script as it allways done that on mine.... I'll check when I get back home. As instead it should lower the bar actually in the monitor surrounding the thing (in the bottom right hand side of the monitors)

Dungeoncrawler

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 23:06

Hello Captains. Question: Concerning the placement of gunnery crews...could someone please post a small chart showing the number of crew/support needed for each class of ship? I am assuming the one in the readme is incorrect? If I am in error concerning this, please simply state this and I will get the numbers from the readme file provided. Carry-on... :P

Dc/Gary

nicklinn

Post by nicklinn » Thu, 20. Oct 05, 17:09

This is more of a formatting issue. The text is unreadable when using non-black based themes.

Warrior of the Universe

Gunnery Crew via script

Post by Warrior of the Universe » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 13:27

Is there a script that you can add GC's to your ships? Thx.
I''ll be back

My specs: PC Van Hout!!!, Saitek Cyborg gaming keyboard and Logitech G5 Lasermouse, G25 Steering Wheel. Saltek Yoke control system, Samsung 275T TFT 27".

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 14:00

Do you mean adding ware to ship, like say with Cheat Pack? Or does that require at least one sample to specify the ware? You could probably start with that script and make a variant with GC as the predetermined ware.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

plynak

Post by plynak » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 09:36

Hello, sorry to bring back this old thread, but I have installed X2 again and I have some questions regarding AEGIS/gunnery crews. I have just managed to buy a Ray, equipped it with 80 crewmembers and AEGIS.
However I am more than disappointed. It takes from 6 to 10 minutes to kill 3 M6s (Hydras)! Turrets are firing to a place where target was and not where the target will be. And even if the enemy ship stops, some of my shots simply miss! Is this becasue of the gun placements on Ray, or is this a common issue? It is also possible that after X3: R and TC I expect M2s to be powerful and to kill M6 with a few shots.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Lord Dakier

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:20

Remember an M6 also takes the role of a M7 in X2.

As for AEGIS. I suggest you spawn 20 m3s with just normal turret commands and then spawn 20 with Military Personnal and AEGIS. Workout the average time it takes to efeat the spawned armada.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz
CPU Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler
RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1866MHz Ripjaws-X
Graphic Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING Twin Frozr V
SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB SATA
Power Supply: 650W EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

plynak

Post by plynak » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:31

Hmm, you are right. It seems all ships are bit stronger. An M3 also witstands several PPC hits. Will try to play more. BTW fully equipped Ray does not have any space for e-cells :-(
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Lord Dakier

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:34

With X2 it is more defined around specific ships rather than just ship classes. A Pirate Bayamon if fully upgraded has the ability to defeat a lesser upgraded M3 something weak with shields like a Split Jaguar is it?
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz
CPU Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler
RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1866MHz Ripjaws-X
Graphic Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING Twin Frozr V
SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB SATA
Power Supply: 650W EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Blakrat

Aegis for idiots....

Post by Blakrat » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 16:52

Hi all - having never posted here before -(or anywhere else for that matter) I apologise in advance for my `numptyness' :)

I have just installed the Aegis update in one of my Odi's but cannot for the life of me workout..

A. Why the hell is it so expensive?

B. How the hell do you obtain crew for the guns? (I have 20 or so Stations in argon sectors and have never seen a posting for crewmembers in any of them!!!) 1 of the threads in these pages says to follow transports to a station in argon space but WHICH TRANSPORTS?!!!)

C. Do I have to invest 50 or so million in an otherwise useless equipment doc just to get a list of a few pilots (how long does it take to recruit a full compliment?!!!!!!)

I know some of these questions have been dealt with before but I love the game and would like to milk a bit more gameplay out of it. (nb: I completed the game before even hearing about the `Bonus Pack' - why wasn't it preinstalled?

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 22:32

*** Merged to the AEGIS FAQ ***

A. Had the author had his way, it would be much more expensive. Besides, you don't even need it; my Odysseus was a killer with mere crews. :P

B&C. "Military Transporter". Rare and random, but once you see one, check its destination, get there first, and be ready to buy the moment they show up in stock.

Blakrat

Post by Blakrat » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 13:43

:D
Thankyou for responding so quickly - I will be keepin an eye open for those military trnasports - Merry Christmas to all of you and remember - be carefull with those PSGs

NavaCorp

Is Turret rotation speed hardcoded with Gunnery Crew/AEGIS?

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 23. May 10, 04:09

Hi to everyone. I have a question.

I'd like to know if Gunnery/AEGIS will employ new modded turret speed values on T-Laser file or if the plugin will still use the original turret speed hardcoded in its scripts.
I ask this question because once I read on this forum that modding T-bullet rate of fire wouldn't change the rate of fire of weapons under Gunnery/AEGIS since it is hardcoded in its scripts.

I wonder if it is the same for the turret rotation speed.

I hope you can answer my dilemma. :)

SteelRush

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 23. May 10, 09:37

The turning rate for AEGIS is increased by switching to a faster turning weapon, then switching to the slow weapon to fire, if memory serves me correctly.

Scripts are not hardcoded. If you want to change a value, change the script and package it with your mod. :)

NavaCorp

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 23. May 10, 22:14

What I meant is that if I mod the rotation speed of a weapon in T-Laser from 1000 to 2000 but it is written 1000 in Gunnery/AEGIS scripts, then the weapon will still rotate at 1000 when using that plugin?

Are you instead suggesting that turret will rotate at the speed that I've modded but Gunnery/AEGIS will still switch weapons according with the original turning rates (or fire rates, etc...) written in the scripts and I've not only to mod the T-file but also change the scripts of the plugin?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”