Installed Scripts don't work (win7)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jmwiseman
x3tc

Installed Scripts don't work (win7)

Post by jmwiseman » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 23:20

Hello everyone, i'm new on this forum but i played X3 for quite a long time, and enjoyed the help provided by some very useful scripts.

A month ago, more or less, i bought the X-superpack on steam in order to play all the story and get ready for Rebirth... now, i played trough the plot of XBTF and bought a few factories ad ships on X-Tension, just to get the point of it, and today i installed X2.

I do not want to rush trought it as i did with the previous 2 games, 'cos i like it and i'm willing to spend some time building my empire before jumping in X3 again, so in came on this forum ad fetched a couple of scripts, plus the ones present in the superbox directory. Then i went to install the script manager but the copy in the superbox dosen't seem to work for me (i can manage to install it, but then when i try to start it i get an error about some missing dll: unrar.dll and MSVC50.dll).

No problem there, as i downloaded the latest version on this forum and it works. Well...at least i thins it does: it says i have sucsefully installed the scripts but, once i start the games, the contents of the scrpts are no way to be found: added menus entry are not presents, ships are missing, software upgrade are not in the stations ware lists...

What am i doing wrong? Please help!

(i am sorry if my english is not always correct, it's non my language, but the italian version of this very community is far as useful as the english one...)

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 23:29

With "script manager" do you mean the Plugin Manager? If so, have you set it to Modified (under Settings -> Mode)?

jmwiseman
x3tc

Post by jmwiseman » Wed, 3. Apr 13, 00:40

Yes, it's "plugin manager" i use (v1.47)... and yes, it's on "modified" mode with save game manager enabled.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”