Help to install signed scripts please

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Help to install signed scripts please

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 01:04

I've managed to download the signed scripts for AL and Sector patrol, by saving them to one of my own files. I have virtually no technical knowledge. How do I 'get them into' the game files and make them work. Any help would be appreciated, but in total layman terms, step by step please.
Cheers!
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 01:09

There should be a "Read Me" file with the download, well mine did anyway. If you need further help, I would sugest posting in the Scripting forum, you will get the audience you deserve (Good) there. :D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 05:18

The install programs are not quite as convenient as most others are these days.

The signed script downloads are usually an exe that is a self-extracting zip library. When you double-click on it to run it, it will ask for the folder that your X2 game is in. Press the Browse button and click through to the folder where your X2 game was installed. This is usually:

C:\Program files\X2 - The Threat\

or:

C:\Program files\Enlight\X2 - The Threat\

Then the scripts should go automatically into the correct sub-folders.

Unsigned scripts are usually in a "zip" or "rar" library file. You need an unzip program such as WinZip to extract them. When extracting have them use the same folder as above.

If you have any doubts, extract to a dummy folder and then look to see what is there. There should also be a "readme" files with instructions.
:)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”