Any way to avoid hitting a friendly with an Ion Disruptor

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xaiustain

Any way to avoid hitting a friendly with an Ion Disruptor

Post by Xaiustain » Wed, 3. Nov 04, 22:09

I really enjoy using Ion disruptors. They make capturing so much easier and more profitable. Problem is, when I try to capture a Khaak vessel, other friendly ships also try to join in on the fight, and I end up hitting accidentally hitting them with my Ions. Is there any way to avoid this, or a sector with Khaak and no other races?

Lord_Darkstar
x2

Post by Lord_Darkstar » Wed, 3. Nov 04, 22:11

Yeah. Don't fire.

If you got friendlies about, IonDs and PSGs will get you in trouble. Most people that just have to use them, drag their opponents way off to the boonies of the sector. But if a few friendly fighters or sector patrols show up, best to just kill it with controlled weapons, and ride on to the next battle.

Good luck and have fun!

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Wed, 3. Nov 04, 22:20

Spoiler
Show
There are a variety of Unknown sectors and Khaak sectors which you can cap in without fear of hitting allies, although going to the khaak sectors is not a great idea without a good ship, since the Khaak M2 can make mince of a lot of ships.
[ external image ]
My X2 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table
X3 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table Coming Soon!

Xaiustain

Post by Xaiustain » Wed, 3. Nov 04, 23:36

I see. Well, thnx for the replies. I guess I'll have to lure them out, or become a pirate-minded player and not care about hitting another race.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 00:16

Actually you just have to be careful. I have often captured pirates that were under attack from race ships without hitting the race ships with the Ions. You just need to choose your shots and keep a close eye on your radar.

Mind you if you do happen to hit them a few times then just capture them too :)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 03:08

Yeah, even with luring your targets out of plane of the ecliptic you'll get the occasional suidical police patrol or over eager beaver M3 that follows you into combat.

If they do turn hostile, cap them or kill them. Just make it quick.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

stella
x2

Post by stella » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 03:38

I went on a killing spree with a PSG Oddy in Xenon 472, and before I knew2 it, I'd dropped from Argon accepted member 70 odd percent to Argon Foe 81%. Since it was daft enough to kil the shipyard as well, there aren't even any Xenon to kil in Black Hole Sun.

It's going to take a looooooong time to get my docking rights back.
Attack enemies in radius -here

martindemon
x3

Post by martindemon » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 03:45

I just don't care about ranks, if someone is in the way, it is vaporized. As simple as that. If it's a Boron, the better :D

khawk
x3

Post by khawk » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 11:39

You can also fire a missile when you are in combat while you are facing friendlies or ram the craft although that would be dangerous since you can loose equipment this way

stu25

Post by stu25 » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 13:37

if ur helping out another pilot in distress then just get as close to him as you can and wait for pirate to fly towards you, fly at em and fire IonD, u should be pointing away from friendly, just watch out as pirate turns that you dont do a 180.
RIGHT ON COMMANDER!

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 13:45

You use the same technique you use with PSGs. :roll:
When there are no more games it is time for music.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”