BETA release - StationWar Mod v0.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 6. Dec 04, 03:20

works fine for me but i always install all the upgrades on my ships when i buy them so i havnt noticed

Razorblade
x2

Post by Razorblade » Mon, 6. Dec 04, 06:07

Where is the new dropship software?

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 02:10

sayfadeen: When you say that you're using the MassiveWarMod with Station War mod, are you using the Story mode or Custom Universe mode?
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

ugly_duckling
x3

Post by ugly_duckling » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 04:22

any idea of when this will get past beta?

btw praise be to the modder you have all my respect.. and respect very few things...

if this works your a genius... if not.. you had too many beers while making it.. stop drinking...

im downloading now..

wish me luck

MI what a wicked idea!!!!

Ampleforth
x2

Post by Ampleforth » Tue, 18. Jan 05, 11:59

sayfadeen,

Great job on the Station War mod! I think the concept of race conflicts gives a new dimension and much needed longevity to the game. I have come up with a few possible improvements to the script, and with your permission I would like to try and build upon your version.

In the current version, an invading force destroys all factories during an invasion, possibly unbalancing the economy of the universe and removing many high level factories that are needed to stock equipment docks. However, looking at the script, it looks like its fairly simple to have a m1/m2 fleet from some sector owned by the defending race defend against the invasion. Minor changes to the invade script should allow a race to "invade" the attackers in the contested sector.

With this modification, we can check after a few minutes to see which side is left standing. If, say, the attacking carrier can survive for 10 minutes or so, the sector and all of its factories changes hands and both fleets return home. This way, the economy balance of the game is unchanged, just the ownership.

Another fun addition might be to allow players with a high enough race relation to actaully order invasions of enemy sectors. This can simulate the experience of being a leader of an entire race and not just the player owned assets. Even more gratifying might be to give the player a percentage of the taxes :). Finally, I am also thinking about creating a version that only adds race conflicts and does not otherwise alter the game universe or story.

Anyways, thanks if you've bothered to read this far. Anyone reading this, please let me know what you think about these ideas!

Darkon
x2

Post by Darkon » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 14:34

Hi,

First off great mod.

Second to Ampleforth, Destroying all stations can relly screw up the economy, but it is more realistic than just changing hands.
I think that all that needs to be done is to make it so that once a sector is Won/Destroyed the new Race builds a few Power Plants & Mines(if there are asteriods available), mabye some food production facilities and a trading station or equipment dock depending on it's cash from taxes.
After the intial buildup the AI should periodically check sectors and uses it money from Taxes to create not only Power Plants & Mines, but other stations as well, thereby fixing the economy in time on it's own, this will require a limit on the number of station in a given sector or it could cause some problems.
This would re-enforce the fact that this is a living breathing universe, and would also mean that making a profit by building stations will become more difficult and require more thought, as the AI will also build stations where there is a demand for a resource or product. Could also make industrial warfare a reality, attacking stations with marines would now become a necessity.
Creating companies that build their own stations from money gained would be the next step.

Third, I tried it last night, loaded one of my old saved games, but unfortunatelly none of my (already built) stations have Marines as a Secondary resource nor can I load them on to the station in any way.
Does this only take effect on newly built stations (haven't tried yet) or will this mean I have to start a new game, has anyone else had this problem?

Fourth, does this work with the Massive War Mod Map (not mod/story just the MAP), or will this cause serious problems.

Fifth, does this have any known conflicts with any mods, unsigned or signed, I mean anything anyone else has experienced or knows of.

PS: thanks for all the effort put into this, I just hope that Egosoft takes some of these ideas from the forums and implements them into The Return. That goes for your race war mod too, Ampleforth.
Last edited by Darkon on Thu, 27. Jan 05, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Scarecrow23
x3tc

Post by Scarecrow23 » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 21:57

First off, great concept, but you need to fix the starting new game corrupt's everything nonsense :roll:. I really want to play this, but I decided to go with the Race Wars AL mod until everything get's sorted out here. Anyway, I have just one suggestion/idea. My idea is that you would not make all the race's fight each other just because, but rather have some sort of trigger that cause's random race's to fight each other for only a certain amount of time (perhaps a week in-game time?) before they stop fighting (e.g. came to terms). This way, not everyone is getting the shaft, via the economy getting screwed up, only the two or perhaps 3 race's that were at war with each other, plus it would be more realistic than a never ending universal conflict :wink:. One thing that you could do, is have the game run some sort random number generator to pick the race's that *might* go to war, like 0-4 be race's and 5-9 be nothing, then have it loop 5 times to pick the race's and excluding whatever number(s) it has already picked... if that is all possible with the scripting engine. Afterwards you could have another test to figure out if they will be going to war wiht each other, and maybe even give bonus's to certain race's that normally wouldn't go to war, to NOT go to war (e.g. boron - argon). Then after it decides that they will go to war they duke it out between each other, then have the whole test re-run itself every couple in-game day's to see if anyone is going to war for a time. Maybe even give small bonus's to the people that have already been at war a small bonus to go back to war with those same people. For example, the slit fight the boron, and win, then they both get a small bonus to their chance to go back to war with each other. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I just think somehting like that would help put the economy at ease, make it over-all more realistic, and still give a chance for a universal war to break out :twisted:. Oh, one more thing... make that two, I think there should not be any restrictions to the sector capping, so it could be possible for a race to be wiped out, and the other thing, the xenon should automatically be at war with everyone but some how not get gang'ed by all of them at once, only the people touching sector's with 'em. Sorry for the long post, as you can tell, I think ^ would be awesome.

Darkon
x2

Post by Darkon » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 08:09

Hi

As per my previous e-mail.
Third, I tried it last night, loaded one of my old saved games, but unfortunatelly none of my (already built) stations have Marines as a Secondary resource nor can I load them on to the station in any way.
Does this only take effect on newly built stations (haven't tried yet) or will this mean I have to start a new game, has anyone else had this problem?
I have since checked this, by starting a new game, but still have the same problem. I do not have marines as a Secondary resource on my stations.

Can anyone help?

Darkon
x2

Post by Darkon » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 14:04

Helllloooo!!

Is anyone out there?
Why is it getting so dark, anybody please.....help me.(wimpers)

Why me, oh no,No,NO,NNNOOOOOOO!!!!

Malestorm
x3ap

Post by Malestorm » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 00:04

Whenever I try to download the file from strike9 It downloads In just 2 sec (150kb?) and when I try to open it it tells me that the file is corrupted. Anyone know what is wrong? :? Please help me.
It is in zip format.

[Edit}nevermind figured it out[Edit}
Last edited by Malestorm on Sun, 13. Feb 05, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 00:18

sounds great! I will give this mod a try shortly! :thumb_up:

hamper
x2

Post by hamper » Sun, 6. Mar 05, 21:48

This has probroubly been said a hundred times but I can't get the thing to work, I have loaded a game and I have flown around for 30 mins and I have got no message from Ban.

I have even been to black hole sun to search but nothing is there.

I have unzipped the files into the x2 directory like it says. I would really appreciate any help.

Malakie
x4

latest version of this mod???

Post by Malakie » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 11:59

Hi,

Does ANYONE have the latest version of this mod available for download? I downloaded the file from the only working link in this thread BUT it is an OLD version that creates everything every time you start the game!! The thread goes on to say that it had been fixed in a later release but I cannot find anywhere to download it. I really do not want to start all over again now that I have installed this script only to find the major bug it has.

If someone could tell me where to get the latest StationWar mod it would be appreciated..

By the way, the original authors site links do not work...

Malakie

ww99
x3

Post by ww99 » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 13:19

This mod is great. I love the way you can use marines to capture space stations. :) I think this is the best x2 mod I have played. I can't wait for the final version to be released.

The only two bugs I have found are:

After destorying the novas and mercury nothing happens and if i radio Danna again the mission restarts. :evil: So how do you complete this mission? or is this a bug?

The second is that if you take over an ai equipment dock you can put more engine tuning, etc on a ship. I now have a mercury with a top speed of 5150 and turning 639%.

But this is still a great mod :D

Deathsheep
x3

Post by Deathsheep » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 16:28

Can someone who is in the know help me out please! :?: :D

I want to try out the "Station War" Mod, but not the other 2 ATM. So, if i just put the SW scripts in the folder and not the other lot, would i just get the SW mod and not the other 2?

In other words, are they inter-dependant in any way? :? :?

Cheers! :D :D

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 03:16

I don't know, not having looked through the scripts, but you might make a backup first and then try it and see what happens. My personal guess is that some things might act a bit strange if you only install a portion of the package, but you never know.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Deathsheep
x3

Post by Deathsheep » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 01:58

OK. It seems you can add individual sections, i've been playing with this Mod for a while now! :D :D :D

Just a couple of things though... :roll:

Has anyone been able to get the file from Strike9 recently? It seems to have disappeared. :evil:

Also, I haven't had any invasions yet, i've just been watching a station pop up every 35 minutes. :evil: Is everyone's the same? :?:

Cheers for any reply! :D

sayfadeen
x2

Post by sayfadeen » Sun, 15. May 05, 18:09

Wow, up till April and people wer still talking about the mod. Cool!

Well, one of the users (Cornette, from South Africa) graciously fixed pretty much all of the problems with the mod! I was going to add a few things, then got busy with work, then gave up under the (then) false assumption that the add-on was going to come out anyways and didn't bother (silly me).

Now, one crash later and that work is gone. I've lost Cornette's e-mail, and if you're reading this form (or anybody knows Cornette), we can try and post the *fixed* StationWar mod.

Apologies!

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 12:13

How do i install and run this mod?!! Its driving me crazy just trying to get it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kustom_Mayd
x2

Post by Kustom_Mayd » Fri, 15. Jul 05, 14:55

hey guys, this mod isnt rely on the top of the charts any more, n being so close to X3, i was wondering if any work will be updated on this...?
cause it sound nice, :)

thanks,
(and yes, im only a year late after this mods "prime" but its sounds like a great mod)
Can any one whos tryed it maybe tell me if it works?
cyaz

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”