Mosquito Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheHighwayman
x2

Mosquito Missiles

Post by TheHighwayman » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 03:45

Hello All,

I'm new and I'm having problems completing the Brennan's triumph mission.

I can't hit anything with my mosquitoes. I fire at the target and all they do is circle it. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for me?

Thanks,

Highwayman

WPI2010
x2

Post by WPI2010 » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 03:52

How far from the target mine are you? I fire from about 4 Km

TheHighwayman
x2

Post by TheHighwayman » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 04:05

I fire from a variety of ranges. I have tried from about 3km.

ShaggyMoose
x2

Post by ShaggyMoose » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 04:58

The target is small, and hard to hit for a fast missile. I didn't have as much trouble as you are, but you can try using a slower more powerful missile, or just dumb firing the mosquito missiles.
"On behalf of our President and Senator, the Argon Federation thanks you for your assistance with this invader. In return, you get... Silkworm missile removed."

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 05:42

i had a lot of trouble at 1st as i got to close in my argon buster and got turned to vapour,so i fired the same class missle as u and it to circled its target then shot of and hit another mine.eventually i just used wasp missles thet seemed to do the trick,failing this but a split dragon arm the forward gun with an APPC and use tht :P

TheHighwayman
x2

Post by TheHighwayman » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 05:53

Thanks,
Keep the tips coming.

I need to figure out some way to make this work with my mosquito missiles or I will have to replay much of the game so far!

number6
x2

Post by number6 » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 07:08

Ideally Wasps are best for this, but, at least in my universe, hard to come by at first, so I used Mosquitos as well. Bought all I could find, around 20-25 I think. I found about 1 in 4 would do the circle and never hit routine. Most would do a direct hit. Should be able to do it from 5 km out as I recall. And fortunately every other SQUASH mine would take out a few neighbors, so it made up for the missles that were ineffective.
Be seeing you...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Jul 04, 09:13

If you're having difficulty with a particular mine, try switching to another one and try with that.

Of course, what MIGHT be happening is that the frame rate you're getting is so poor that the missile "skips over" the mine between one frame and the next--SQUASH mines are pretty small things!

Out of interest, what ship are you flying? Why would you have to replay the game if you can't use Mosquitoes? If that's because you're flying a TS class ship which can only fire Mossies, there's another possible way to take out the mines--get some Fighter Drones and launch them at them!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”